3 day apple diet!!!

Options
A month ago a coworker told me about the diet of the apple and I wanted it to see if it worked. two weeks ago I started with the apple diet for three days. the truth, I thought that wasn't going to work but it turned out that I lost 9.5 pounds. I know this is not the best way to lose weight, but it is the quickest way to lose a few pounds. today I start my second round with this diet. I hope to lose more pounds. any of you have tried this diet?do you think i can do it for more than three days?
good luck with your goals!!

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    You only eat apples for 3 days? How many can you have? Is that all you can have?
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Nellie1drfl
    Nellie1drfl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    What is this diet? Only apples for 3 days?
  • southernlay_d
    Options
    Wow. That is all I can say without being mean.
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • formytwins
    formytwins Posts: 106
    Options
    It doesn't sound healthy!!!!
  • shezza737
    shezza737 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love apples, but if that is all you can eat for 3 days - I am not sure I love them that much!
  • rocky03
    rocky03 Posts: 55
    Options
    Apples are loaded w/ sugar...I just realized this.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Wow. That is all I can say without being mean.

Ditto.
  • LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Probably make your dentist happy too.
  • mrtuck
    mrtuck Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello~~

I'm new here but this caught my eye. Here's a link to a little more info on it. As with anything, research it. I think what this does is cleanse your body of toxins..a friend did it. I'd be interested in others thoughts on it. http://www.3-day-diets-central.com/apple-diet.html

Michelle
  • lbfrueh
    lbfrueh Posts: 87
    Options
    Anything that drops that much weight in 3 days or a week is not healthy and most likely the weight could come back.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I just googled it and found this:

"The foundation of the 3-Apple-a-Day Plan involves eating an apple before each main meal. The idea is that the fiber in apples makes you feel full and the sweetness satisfies cravings.
    In addition to eating apples dieters follow a food plan that is very similar to the South Beach Diet with a relatively low intake of carbohydrates and reduction of saturated fats. Refined sugars are to be eliminated while low glycemic index carbohydrates are emphasized."

That sounds much better than eating apples only for 3 days lol.
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    Options
    Day 1
    Breakfast: 1 apple + 3/4 cup lowfat cottage cheese
    Snack: Celery + 1 tablespoon peanut butter
    Lunch: 1 apple + 3 ounce can of tuna fish, drained + raw or steamed veggies, all you want
    Snack: Carrots + 1 serving part-skim string cheese
    Dinner: 1 apple + 1 skinless chicken breast + mixed green salad + 2 tablespoons lowfat salad dressing + 1 cup sugar-free jello
    Day 2
    Breakfast: 1 apple + 1 tablespoon peanut butter + 1 slice rye toast
    Snack: 1 serving part-skim string cheese + raw veggies
    Lunch: 1 apple + 1 cup plain yogurt + raw or steamed veggies, all you want
    Snack: 1/2 cup of cottage cheese + raw veggies
    Dinner: 1 apple + 1 skinless chicken breast + steamed veggies, all you can eat + 1 cup sugar-free jello
    Day 3
    Breakfast: 1 apple + 8 ounces plain yogurt
    Lunch: 1 apple + 1 skinless chicken breast + 1/2 cup brown rice
    Dinner: 1 apple + 3 ounce can of tuna, drained + mixed green salad + 2 tablespoons lowfat salad dressing + 1 cup sugar-free jello
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I think that after you stop the diet, you will gain all the weight back. I am working on a weight loss plan that will keep the weight off for the long term - not a quick fix. I am trying to lose fat and learn to eat healthy. I don't really know anything about this "apple diet", but becareful that you are not hurting your body. I am looking at this as a lifestyle change they will teach me to make life long healthy choices that will result in a healthy weight, more energy and a general feeling of well being.
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    Options
    Day 1
    Breakfast: 1 apple + 3/4 cup lowfat cottage cheese
    Lunch: 1 apple + 3 ounce can of tuna fish, drained + raw or steamed veggies, all you want
    Snack: Carrots + 1 serving part-skim string cheese
    Dinner: 1 apple + 1 skinless chicken breast + mixed green salad + 2 tablespoons lowfat salad dressing + 1 cup sugar-free jello
    Day 2
    Breakfast: 1 apple + 1 tablespoon peanut butter + 1 slice rye toast
    Snack: 1 serving part-skim string cheese + raw veggies
    Lunch: 1 apple + 1 cup plain yogurt + raw or steamed veggies, all you want
    Dinner: 1 apple + 1 skinless chicken breast + steamed veggies, all you can eat + 1 cup sugar-free jello
    Day 3
    Breakfast: 1 apple + 8 ounces plain yogurt
    Lunch: 1 apple + 1 skinless chicken breast + 1/2 cup brown rice
    Dinner: 1 apple + 3 ounce can of tuna, drained + mixed green salad + 2 tablespoons lowfat salad dressing + 1 cup sugar-free jello

FOUND ON WEBSITE..DONT LOOK TO BAD...I WOULD BE ILL I THINK
  • chrissyb1985
    chrissyb1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Short term payoff but no longer term results. Very unhealthy. I like MFP because it encourages you to lose weight in a healthy way. Why be skinny if your not healthy? That being said, its your decsion and good luck :)
  • sh0ck
    sh0ck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Apples are loaded w/ sugar...I just realized this.

America didn't get so overweight by eating fruits, no matter HOW (naturally) sugary they are...

What else does this "diet" entail? Is it really eating nothing but apples for three days? What about all of the other nutrients your body needs?
  • trhonda2011
    Options
    Wow...

I know we as Americans are OBSESSED with doing things fast and the "easy" way. Nothing says commitment & determination like hard work and discipline. OP I have no idea who you are or what you stand for, but I truly hope that you take a second look & not the short term of "I'm losing weight fast" but the long term of "what will I lose and/or gain by making this decision". Not to be preachy, but its 2011, its time to take it back to the basics, I refuse to continue to embrace and ignore the very acts that put us in the holes we are constantly digging ourselves out of.