Replies

123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I c wut u did thar...

...wait, you're serious?
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Gurley - that doesn't actually look bad to me at a quick glance - I see veggies, fruits, lean protein sources, low fat dairy sources, good carbs.

Sometimes having a more restricted "diet" is a great way to kick-start a healthier eating lifestyle, and cleanse out some of the "crap" I eat, lol!

Might have to give this a try!

:drinker:

Ice
  • littlemamajamie
    littlemamajamie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    harsh!
  • Shellz206
    Shellz206 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Gurley - that doesn't actually look bad to me at a quick glance - I see veggies, fruits, lean protein sources, low fat dairy sources, good carbs.

Sometimes having a more restricted "diet" is a great way to kick-start a healthier eating lifestyle, and cleanse out some of the "crap" I eat, lol!

Might have to give this a try!

:drinker:

Ice

That makes two of us!
  • TonyaJ83
    TonyaJ83 Posts: 155
    Options
    I would never do that! I enjoy giving my body a variety of foods and losing weight at a healthy pace.
  • trhonda2011
    Options
    I would never do that! I enjoy giving my body a variety of foods and losing weight at a healthy pace.

+1 I've tried them all under the sun, but when its all said and done discipline, reflecting, commitment, and simplicity has worked for me much more. If I wanna jumpstart my weight loss, I eat clean, I workout more, I drink more water, but I understand my concept of "jumpstart" may be a tad different from others. No worries :).
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    If it truly is just eating an apple before you eat all your other healthy food then I dont see the harm in it. If it is the diet plan that was posted on the first page of this post, it's not that bad. They say to drink a glass of water before you eat to make you feel fuller, this is similar just eating an apple. If it were ONLY eating apples every day for every meal for 3 days, then yes it would be unhealthy, but, again, if you are following the diet plan posted on page 1 of this post, you really have nothing to lose. I dont like apples that much, but if I did, I might give it a shot just so I feel fuller with each meal.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options

+1 I've tried them all under the sun, but when its all said and done discipline, reflecting, commitment, and simplicity has worked for me much more. If I wanna jumpstart my weight loss, I eat clean, I workout more, I drink more water, but I understand my concept of "jumpstart" may be a tad different from others. No worries :).
    How is adding apples to a balanced diet not eating clean? Did you see the sample diet plan on page 1 of this post? If not, here it is.

Day 1
    Breakfast: 1 apple + 3/4 cup lowfat cottage cheese
    Snack: Celery + 1 tablespoon peanut butter
    Lunch: 1 apple + 3 ounce can of tuna fish, drained + raw or steamed veggies, all you want
    Snack: Carrots + 1 serving part-skim string cheese
    Dinner: 1 apple + 1 skinless chicken breast + mixed green salad + 2 tablespoons lowfat salad dressing + 1 cup sugar-free jello
    Day 2
    Breakfast: 1 apple + 1 tablespoon peanut butter + 1 slice rye toast
    Snack: 1 serving part-skim string cheese + raw veggies
    Lunch: 1 apple + 1 cup plain yogurt + raw or steamed veggies, all you want
    Snack: 1/2 cup of cottage cheese + raw veggies
    Dinner: 1 apple + 1 skinless chicken breast + steamed veggies, all you can eat + 1 cup sugar-free jello
    Day 3
    Breakfast: 1 apple + 8 ounces plain yogurt
    Snack: Celery + 1 tablespoon peanut butter
    Lunch: 1 apple + 1 skinless chicken breast + 1/2 cup brown rice
    Snack: 1/2 cup of cottage cheese + raw veggies
    Dinner: 1 apple + 3 ounce can of tuna, drained + mixed green salad + 2 tablespoons lowfat salad dressing + 1 cup sugar-free jello
  • trhonda2011
    Options
    If it truly is just eating an apple before you eat all your other healthy food then I dont see the harm in it. If it is the diet plan that was posted on the first page of this post, it's not that bad. They say to drink a glass of water before you eat to make you feel fuller, this is similar just eating an apple. If it were ONLY eating apples every day for every meal for 3 days, then yes it would be unhealthy, but, again, if you are following the diet plan posted on page 1 of this post, you really have nothing to lose. I dont like apples that much, but if I did, I might give it a shot just so I feel fuller with each meal.

Well I apologize if that is the diet in question then no that's not bad, I thought it was eating apples only, as I've seen similar "diets" before with a certain fruit that boasts similar results.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

Well I apologize if that is the diet in question then no that's not bad, I thought it was eating apples only, as I've seen similar "diets" before with a certain fruit that boasts similar results.

It is eating apples only. There are two different diets. One is eating 3 apples a day before meals and the other one is eating apples in place of meals for 3 days. She said "3 day apple diet" so I'm assuming it's the later.
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    It's only three days...might not be super effective but not going to cause any long-lasting harm...I don't see all the fuss here.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I would consider this the starving yourself diet. I don't think I'd advocate this...
  • trhonda2011
    Options
    It's only three days...might not be super effective but not going to cause any long-lasting harm...I don't see all the fuss here.

Well I guess that's debatable. The only point I was trying to make is that at some point we have to stop relying on "quick effective" and start getting behind "long term results". You learn nothing from eating an apple a day, so in my eyes its 3 days wasted when I could've have taken that time to learn healthier meals and snacks that work for me. But in the end, to each his own. "Its only three days" is what got us here in the first place, from binging, to "I'll start on Monday", to "I HAVE to lose 9lbs in a week or it doesn't work". Excuses are just well planned lies, I'm tired of lying to myself and others, its time to tell the truth. :)
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I thought the easiest way to lose weight was to eat healthy, exercise, drink water, and sleep 7-8 hours.

I wonder if I could market that or write a book...
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Short term payoff but no longer term results. Very unhealthy. I like MFP because it encourages you to lose weight in a healthy way. Why be skinny if your not healthy? That being said, its your decsion and good luck :)

I agree, be careful! I am saying this from a place of support not trying to be mean or judgmental - it's best to eat healthy, work out and drink lots of water & get lots of sleep! That is the best way - it's definitely harder and takes longer but the results will last longer as well :flowerforyou:
  • trhonda2011
    Options
    Short term payoff but no longer term results. Very unhealthy. I like MFP because it encourages you to lose weight in a healthy way. Why be skinny if your not healthy? That being said, its your decsion and good luck :)

I agree, be careful! I am saying this from a place of support not trying to be mean or judgmental - it's best to eat healthy, work out and drink lots of water & get lots of sleep! That is the best way - it's definitely harder and takes longer but the results will last longer as well :flowerforyou:

+1 This
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I think I might tweak the plan a little (strongly dislike fish or artificial sweeteners of any kind), but it seems like a nice 3-day kick in butt I might need. worth a try anyway :) def wouldn't do it any longer, shoot, I probably won't last 2 days!
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I looked at the link one of the gals provided and added up the calories. Based on what I got, if you exercise on this diet you will net below 1200 calories. I don't think I would ever do this since apples have quite a few carbs and sugars in them, but if someone were to try this I would suggest no exercise to make sure you keep your body healthy.
  • danay305
    danay305 Posts: 5
    Options
    hey guys!! thanks so much for your opinions i respect every one of them. i did this diet only with apples and water. no exercise. just three days and at the 3rd night i had 2 tbsp of olive oil, that is suppose to clean all the junk in your system. it is also true that you might gain all those pounds back, actually i gained 2 pounds since i did this diet. i would not do this diet more than 3 days. this is my second round doing it let see what happens.