Options

Replies

• danay305
    danay305 Posts: 5
    Options
  • AuntieEm61
    AuntieEm61 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love apples! :) I agree it could be a kickstart and it isn't just apples. I eat what's in this diet sometimes anyways. So I can't see the harm. At least it's not like the Master Cleanse... that one is harsh!
  • mrtuck
    mrtuck Posts: 4
    Options
    I was looking at the diet plan posted above and on page one of this post. I am considering it, but only because it includes all the other foods, and I think its a great way to start off an eating healthier life style. I'm a researcher by nature, and am researching diets and exercises and foods to eat and not to eat, etc. I'm only on Day 3 of THIS diet--which consists of eating healthier, keeping a food journal, drinking a LOT more water, and adding so much exercise that my glutes are hard as rocks in protest. LOL. I think a strict 3 day diet that I follow religiously would be helpful in converting to this new lifestyle. Its also helpful that the seasons are changing and my food will become more grilled than anything else :~)

The thing I worry about with the 3 day apple diet is that most websites I have read that if you don't eat enough your body goes into starvation mode and stores everything as fat instead of converting it to energy. Is this what is going to happen on a diet as minimal as this? I certainty don't want to start this diet out STORING Fat. Thanks for your input.
  • yvfitness1
    yvfitness1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is why I hate diets and love myfitnesspal. You're permanently changing your lifestyle. With every diet I ask myself the question: can I eat in this way for the rest of my life? And it's always been a firm NO. especially with diets like these. I saw a study of a Dutch 500 calorie diet recently. The person lost 4 kgs, but only 0.75 kgs was fat, the rest was water and useful nutrients.

And: your body goes into ketosis, which gives you a terrible body odour
  • AleksandraKostova
    Options
    I don't think it's a good idea, I tried it out to see how long I could do it and it only lasted about two hours then I quit.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    It's probably not destructive for only 3 days, but it is too low cal for the long term.

I wouldn't do it for two reasons, really. Personally, I don't believe cleanses work. I believe a healthy body has evolved to process everything just the way it was meant to. People talk about "toxins", but there's no definitive proof of build ups that I have seen, and websites that speak of toxins are very vague and don't provide a list of toxins.... or how much is considered a "build up". Or even how a person could test themselves to see if they even have a build up. Again, this is just my opinion based on my own research.

And secondly, I prefer to keep my calories at 1600 or more if I exercise.
  • tsubasamasuwaka
    Options
    If you have acne , the stubborn pimples at your forehead , please give this diet a try , things will clear up a bit and you will lose some weight , and also drink lots of water this plus only eating apples will detoxify your body , and cleanse your liver , and at the end of day three have 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil to get your digestive system ready for your usual clean healthy food ,
    And yes this diet helped me alot , =)
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    If you have acne , the stubborn pimples at your forehead , please give this diet a try , things will clear up a bit and you will lose some weight , and also drink lots of water this plus only eating apples will detoxify your body , and cleanse your liver , and at the end of day three have 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil to get your digestive system ready for your usual clean healthy food ,
    And yes this diet helped me alot , =)

Seems legit. :noway:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    No.

Why?

Still, no. Just no.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread! Two years on, I wonder how the OP is doing.
  • maniesduchocolat
    maniesduchocolat Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I saw this once in one of those Princess Ana site
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LayerzOff
    LayerzOff Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi,
    You are either jokin or very unwell to think it is ok to advertise the weight loss from a apple diet.
    It is posts like this that encourage unhealthy eatin and lure people into tryin fad diets.. Not to mention supportin the quick fix dieters.
    Come on think people before postin this kinda crap!!
  • LayerzOff
    LayerzOff Posts: 25
    Options
    Just saw this is a very old post lol hope OP is still with us!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a good idea, but then again, I'm only posting because this thread is 2 years old and I wanted in.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Gotta love that people before and now still try to get the quick way to loose weight.
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 apples some days.... along with 2000 more calories :)
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Sounds like...... fun:sick:
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    OP, you said that you lost the weight on it, did you gain it back? i feel like quick fixes like those types of diets are just a waste of time. if you want to keep the weight off then long term lifestyle changes are much more effective.
    if it is the meal plan posted where you eat an apple before other stuff, then it doesn't seem too bad. why not just drink a few glasses of water first for the same feeling full effect?
    if it's only apples for 3 days, that's just silly :laugh:
    (and i love apples, i eat 2 to 3 a day as snacks/desserts. warmed in the microwave with cinnamon mmmmmm)