3 day apple diet!!!

Options

Replies

• Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I would consider this the starving yourself diet. I don't think I'd advocate this...

LOL yeah. This is bizarre, not to mention very low in calories. Why not just eat decent food in reasonable amounts and exercise? You don't need any sort of cleanse, detox, jump start, boost, NONE OF THAT! It's all very gimmicky and foolish.
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    this is just another gimmick to distract people.

Seriously, **** all of this ****. Just keep it simple - calories in < calories out. Don't listen to any quacks.
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    From what I read the 3 day apple diet is a clease diet not meant to lose weight but to complete a digestive / system cleanse. You only eat apples (multip varieties) for 3 days. There is another apple diet where you begin each meal with an apple. That diet is meant to use apples as a fiber filler before you eat your meals.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Don't try this kids. If you do the seeds will sprout in your belly and grow into trees. FACT.

(Either that or you will do a lot of "cleansing" pooing and never want to eat another apple again).
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I tried eating only apples for a "cleanse" one time in the distant past. It made me light-headed and generally unwell. I wouldn't last as a fruitarian.
  • enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Coreyjwalker247
    Options
    It is actually a very healthy plan. it is a 3 day detox. it is not intended for weight loss, although it does help. The apple detox diet is designed to detox the liver, kidneys, and GI tract (intestines, stomach, etc). Apples contain high levels of carotenoids and flavenoids, which are strong antioxidants and they also contain potassium and many other essential nutrients for the body. It is important to know that you should ONLY eat apples, drink water, 100% apple juice (nothing added), and black coffee. No more than three days, and NO CARDIO workouts.

Corey Walker
    Qualification - Bachelor of Science, Master of Science in Health Science, Currently in medical school
  • Coreyjwalker247
    Options
    It is more than calories in and calories out. It is important to know WHAT TYPE of calories you are eating. Eating 1500 calories of pizza vs. 1500 calories of fruits, veggies, whole-grains, etc. is completely different.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    It is actually a very healthy plan. it is a 3 day detox. it is not intended for weight loss, although it does help. The apple detox diet is designed to detox the liver, kidneys, and GI tract (intestines, stomach, etc). Apples contain high levels of carotenoids and flavenoids, which are strong antioxidants and they also contain potassium and many other essential nutrients for the body. It is important to know that you should ONLY eat apples, drink water, 100% apple juice (nothing added), and black coffee. No more than three days, and NO CARDIO workouts.

Corey Walker
    Qualification - Bachelor of Science, Master of Science in Health Science, Currently in medical school

Bwhahahahahahah.....thanks for the comic relief.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    That diet doesn't look too bad?

It's like 600 calories a day.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    It is more than calories in and calories out. It is important to know WHAT TYPE of calories you are eating. Eating 1500 calories of pizza vs. 1500 calories of fruits, veggies, whole-grains, etc. is completely different.

And if the pizza is made from whole-grains and topped with fruits and veggies?

Totally different, of course...

...because pizza.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I think eating an apple every day is not such a bad thing. Now that Honey Apple Crisps are back in the Houston stores, I am including them in my weekly nutrition plan.

Eating one before every meal? Heck, whatever works.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Corey Walker

Bwhahahahahahah.....thanks for the comic relief.

Why the eff does my liver need a detox? If it can't do it's damned job, a doubt 3 days of apples is going to do anything to change that.
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    If you look at the food plans, it's actually very balanced (minus the artificial sweeteners and lowfat stuff).

Day 1

Breakfast: 1 apple + 3/4 cup lowfat cottage cheese
    Snack: Celery + 1 tablespoon peanut butter
    Lunch: 1 apple + 3 ounce can of tuna fish, drained + raw or steamed veggies, all you want
    Snack: Carrots + 1 serving part-skim string cheese
    Dinner: 1 apple + 1 skinless chicken breast + mixed green salad + 2 tablespoons lowfat salad dressing + 1 cup sugar-free jello

Day 2

Breakfast: 1 apple + 1 tablespoon peanut butter + 1 slice rye toast
    Snack: 1 serving part-skim string cheese + raw veggies
    Lunch: 1 apple + 1 cup plain yogurt + raw or steamed veggies, all you want
    Snack: 1/2 cup of cottage cheese + raw veggies
    Dinner: 1 apple + 1 skinless chicken breast + steamed veggies, all you can eat + 1 cup sugar-free jello

Day 3

Breakfast: 1 apple + 8 ounces plain yogurt
    Snack: Celery + 1 tablespoon peanut butter
    Lunch: 1 apple + 1 skinless chicken breast + 1/2 cup brown rice
    Snack: 1/2 cup of cottage cheese + raw veggies
    Dinner: 1 apple + 3 ounce can of tuna, drained + mixed green salad + 2 tablespoons lowfat salad dressing + 1 cup sugar-free jello
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    How the heck did this 2 yr old topic come up again? I just looked at the OPs profile and it says "58 lbs to go", so I'm thinking this hasn't worked out so well for her.

I eat an apple every day, but I sure would not feel satisfied with this diet. Just another gimmick as far as I can tell.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I make my pizza at home with whole grain flour and top it with chicken sausage, spinach, tomatoes, and yellow/red peppers. Tell me how my pizza is 'different'. I'll wait.
  • Mrsorchidgrower101
    Options
    A 3 day apple diet may be alright but I'd only do it once a month. Other wise you are not getting the proper balanced nutrition that you need to maintain good health as you loose weight. Good luck. I know this loosing weight thing isn't easy but if your
    Dr. has given you the amount of calories you need a day per your height and you follow that and log in all your food each day it really does work and is much healthier. But I still think you can do the 3 day apple diet maybe once a month. Good Luck!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    blargh
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    This topic is from 2 years ago. I doubt these people are still around to respond.