Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options
    Daily Inspiration for March 24, 2011
    Katie Jay,MSW

Journal.

Sometimes you may feel you need to sort out your thoughts and feelings, but you really don't want to share them with others. Maybe you feel too vulnerable or too confused. A journal can provide a safe outlet--a private place to think and explore. Putting your thoughts down on paper helps you gain some perspective on your life. A journal will help you remember where you've been, and show you how you've evolved.

Journaling will take you into yourself and help you understand your inner needs and desires. Then, journaling will lead you to a new place by helping you build a foundation from which you can venture out into the world a stronger and more centered person.

Action for the day: If you haven't done it yet, begin journaling today. If you keep it up, it will change your life--guaranteed.
  • ShellyBrew
    ShellyBrew Posts: 823
    Options
    I have more catching up to do! but I wanted to say good morning to everyone first! I also wanted to put up my infor the chart Mallie is making. Hope everyone has a great day! :)

Screen name: Claudia007
    April 27 GW = 198
    March 30th: (SW) = 202.8
    April 6th:
    April 13th:
    April 20th:
    April 27th:

Oh Claudia...so close to onederland...I am so jealous...you can do it, you can do it, you can do it
  • mainey65
    mainey65 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hello my friends, Just getting on here now , was reading all the posts and just wanted to say congrats to all of you who lost weigh this week and good luck for next week for the rest of you. As you know, I don't weigh myself weekly, but I hope I am losing. I'll keep my fingers crossed, althougfh I doubt it 'cause I haven't been making the beast choices llately, but today I'm trying to get back on track.
  • ShellyBrew
    Options
    My 4 letter word is CAN"T my kids are always saying, " You can't have that, huh mom" I tell them I can have whatever I want it is a matter of is it worth it to me to eat it. How many calories is it going to cost me?

Screen name: themommie
    April 27 GW = 196.5
    March 30th: (SW) = 189
    April 6th:
    April 13th:
    April 20th:
    April 27th

My goal for April will be 7 lbs because I want to get out of the 190's , if I make it that would be great but as long as it is less I will be successful. I have alot going on in April so it will be tough. I have 4 kid bdays in april and Easter and we are going on a mini vacation for 3 days to the ocean ( Monterey) So it will be a busy month. I will have to plan well and make sure I get my exercise in. Walks along the beach sound wonderful and I need to see if there is a gym at the hotel. If I eat cake I need to make it one or two bites.I can do it the secret I think is to plan , plan, plan

Sounds like you do have a few challenges this month but your right planning is key. I know you can do it. Wow, 4 birthdays, I love cake, but I have slowly learned to have smaller pieces. I was in Florida recently and we walked the beach every morning and it was really nice, I highly encourage that :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello my friends, Just getting on here now , was reading all the posts and just wanted to say congrats to all of you who lost weigh this week and good luck for next week for the rest of you. As you know, I don't weigh myself weekly, but I hope I am losing. I'll keep my fingers crossed, althougfh I doubt it 'cause I haven't been making the beast choices llately, but today I'm trying to get back on track.

Good job getting back on track today Charmaine!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Daily Inspiration for March 28, 2011
    Katie Jay,MSW

Be willing to go to any lengths.

It's not uncommon for a us to say, "I know I should do that, but I just can't." Drinking water is one such example. Success involves being willing to go to any lengths to achieve your goals. Going to any lengths means doing something you need to do, whether you want to or not, until you have a change of heart and want to do it.

If you can't handle plain water, put mint leaves or cucumber in a jug to flavor it. If you're too busy to drink water, prepare four 16 oz. servings and drink one on the way to work, one during the morning, one during the afternoon, and one on the way home. Use things you do regularly (like driving to and from work) as triggers to drink your water. To say you "can't" is often saying you "won't." Is that how you want to approach this new life you've been given?

Action for the day: Pick one area in your new healthy lifestyle in which you can improve. Today, make the change you need to make, and resolve to keep doing it until you want to do it.
  • mainey65
    mainey65 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hey! I don't know what just happened there, but I wasn't finished yet! Dumb computer - well, probably dumb me. I probably hit something I shouldn't have. So I know what you mean Jolene, yes, I talk or yell at my computer all the time. I'm just starting to learn computers now. I should have listened to everybody when they told me years ago, "you really need to learn how to use the computer". They were right. Well, don;'t have much else to say, so I will bid you all a good night and talk to all of you tomorrow. Sweet dreams, Charmaine
  • ShellyBrew
    Options
    WEDNESDAY WEIGH IN / EXERCISE. The scale tells me I've lost 1.5lbs this week, which is great.....but most of the week I've been fightin with water retention. Any little extra salt just really get me....and it's not unusual to gain 5 to 10lbs in just water.
    I've also started walking.....not far or fast, but walking 20 minutes 5 out of the last 8 days. Missed a few days due to crappy cold weather though. Twenty minutes walk is a huge challenge for me.....but I'm working on it. Hopefully one day the walking will be easier with not so much huffin & puffin...LOL. One day.....

And today we have SUNSHINE!!! Now I'm not one of your sun worshipers or anything like that, but we haven't had a sunny day since I can't remember when. And the thermometer on my front porch says it's 86 degrees out there. It's warmer on the porch than anywhere else....so it's pretty nice out today. YAAAY!!!
    So I'm out here going to the grocery store and then to the walking path on the way home. YAAAY ME!

Yay you is right Cassie...Congrats on the weight loss and the walking. 20min is awesome; when I first started walking 1 1/2 years ago I could barely last 15min and the treadmill was a joke at about 10min going maybe 2.2 miles. Now I am down 45 lbs, can walk at a good clip for over an hour and can do the treadmill at 3.0 (with mild hills) for 45 mins...It takes time but with persistenance you will improve, I know you will....YAY for Sunshine :glasses:
  • ShellyBrew
    Options
    *** I got a question**** Do you guys talk/ yell at your computer when you hit the button to complete your food logging for the day and it says " if everyday was like today you would weigh
    ??? I am always like " yeah right!" or " liar liar pants on fire" and if I've been stuck for awhile....&%$##@*! ????

LMAO...I am so there with you, I don't even look at or pay attention to that anymore....If the "if everyday" was accurate I would of been in the 260s over a month agao...but then again I dont think I have had 5 weeks straight of "similar days" :noway: :laugh:
  • ShellyBrew
    Options
    I had a killer workout tonight, ran out of steam about halfway thru, it was really tough...I don't think I had enough protein today before the workout. Tomorrow will be a rest day or at least a light cardio day as I was pre-warned that Friday will be a heavy cardio day for the first half.

Luv you all..Sweet Dreams :yawn:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    CONGRATS everyone who lost weight today!!:flowerforyou:

If you maintained, GOOD JOB! You had to do something right!:bigsmile:

And for all of us who gained, including myself, NEVER GIVE UP! This is one week in a lifetime of weeks. No beating yourself up. No one is perfect. Consistency not perfection.:smile:

Good night peeps!:yawn:
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Just popping in from my phone really quick before bed.

Cassie= GREAT job on the loss wooohooo! And so proud of you for getting so much walking in, you rock!

Jolene= I too yell at my comp when it tells me those lies! I have been trying to hit ONEderland since December :( I also yell at my scale when it doesnt show me what I want to see!

Well, off to bed for me. I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed I dont throw my scale out the window tomorrow since its my weigh in day. :huh:
  • cassieinor
    cassieinor Posts: 584
    Options
    For Everyone (especially those struggling): HANG IN THERE! Rome wasn't built in a day. I will share a technique that has been working for me, at least it's helping with the mental side of things. I'm still waiting to see the results on the scales, but if you've read my recent posts, you know what's going on there.

Each morning, before I start my day, I mentally recommit/affirm that I am going to do the best I can TODAY. I try very hard not to get caught up in those critical voices in my head about any shortcomings from yesterday. Rarely is any one day completely perfect.

I once heard an accomplished musician say when asked if he practiced, "I practice every time I play. Sometimes I'm in my studio, other times I'm on stage and there's an audience." It's all practice!

One other thought. I read somewhere (if I can remember the book, I'll post it here later), that one way to avoid defeat when dieting was to make a goal of staying on your meal plan 80-90 percent of the time. The logic being that we'll stay on the plan for a longer period of time if we know that we aren't going to be completely perfect, all day, every day. The book didn't suggest planning a binge-fest for the 10-20 percent that we're off target. The idea is to give the lifestyle changes longevity so we can reap the long-term benefits of a healthy lifestyle.

It seemed to me that several folks are having a rough time this week. I hope some of this helps! We're all in this together.

katzpawz

Katzpawz......what a wonderful post. It all makes such good sense. I've been one of those strugglers lately. I'm going to try your reaffirmation idea starting tomorrow morning. Hopefully it will help.
    Take care, girl......you're doing real good. And don't be so hard on yourself.....;-)
    Cassie
  • cassieinor
    cassieinor Posts: 584
    Options
    Daily Inspiration for March 24, 2011
    Katie Jay,MSW

Journal.

Sometimes you may feel you need to sort out your thoughts and feelings, but you really don't want to share them with others. Maybe you feel too vulnerable or too confused. A journal can provide a safe outlet--a private place to think and explore. Putting your thoughts down on paper helps you gain some perspective on your life. A journal will help you remember where you've been, and show you how you've evolved.

Journaling will take you into yourself and help you understand your inner needs and desires. Then, journaling will lead you to anew place by helping you build a foundation from which you can venture out into the world a stronger and more centered person.

Action for the day: If you haven't done it yet, begin journaling today. If you keep it up, it will change your life--guaranteed.

So interesting, Mollie. Such a good idea....journaling. oprah swears by it. Don't where you're getting all these "inspirations" you post, but they're right on the money. I look forward to reading them.
    Cassie
  • Jojo42
    Jojo42 Posts: 223
    Options
    I have a quick question for everyone before I head off to work.

What is the one silly thing that you are looking forward to being able to do when the weight shifts?

Mine us being able to cross my legs! My thighs don't allow that at the moment! :)

Have a lovely day everyone x
  • katzpawz
    katzpawz Posts: 754
    Options
    I plan to go para-sailing!
  • katzpawz
    Options
    Thursday Triumph: I'm celebrating a few things today.

1. I'm almost finished with Spring Cleaning Projects. There are still a couple of really big jobs left, but most of the little stuff is done.
    2. I've exercised nearly everyday for the past three weeks!!
    3. I'm still excited about being down another size in jeans. I only have one more pair that is a size smaller than the ones I"m in now. I'll have to go shopping soon!!
    4. While my weight hasn't dropped as quickly as I'd like, it is coming down, and with my blood sugar numbers as well!!

Enjoy your week every one; the weekend is almost here!

katzpawz
  • gabbygirl37_2001
    gabbygirl37_2001 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Its a little after midnight here in Washington but I wanted to check in anyway. I was up 2 pounds this week! I am upset, but at the same time...I am motivated to work even harder this week. I am going to adjust my calories, so I am allowed less..drink more water, and exercise more. We'll see if that'll work. It should right? Going to the dr on Monday for a complete physical as well...maybe its my thyroid....thats a joke by the way! lol. Parf of my problem is...I dont eat much during the day...due to Im working..and I just dont have time. Then...I spend my evenings on the couch...snacking. I need to break that habit. OK>>>everyone...its a new week! thanks for all your support!:flowerforyou:
  • katzpawz
    Options
    Its a little after midnight here in Washington but I wanted to check in anyway. I was up 2 pounds this week! I am upset, but at the same time...I am motivated to work even harder this week. I am going to adjust my calories, so I am allowed less..drink more water, and exercise more. We'll see if that'll work. It should right? Going to the dr on Monday for a complete physical as well...maybe its my thyroid....thats a joke by the way! lol. Parf of my problem is...I dont eat much during the day...due to Im working..and I just dont have time. Then...I spend my evenings on the couch...snacking. I need to break that habit. OK>>>everyone...its a new week! thanks for all your support!:flowerforyou:

It's hard to get a balanced diet when you have such a hectic schedule. We've all been there! Keep trying and don't give up. Perhaps you could make one or two small changes, to gain some momentum. That would give you a foundation of success from which to build. Good luck with your doctor's appointment. Hang in there!!

katzpawz
  • Sue_Smiles
    Sue_Smiles Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies,

sorry I wasn't around too much yesterday, I had a bad day, was feeling really down, so I did what my therapist said (for a change LOL) and turned off all external stimuli. No TV, no computer, just an old book and bed. It really helped to recharge my brain. It's something to think about doing when you feel like you're in a dark place.

I also fixed my setting on FB so people can find me, I guess I didn't realize how locked down I was.

Katz - I'm reading The Six Daughters of George III again, because of your talk about Kew gardens and Richmond Park. If you take pictures I'd love to see them.

I am caught up on posts, but I'll be back on later for comments, etc.

and yes, I do yell at my computer, actually I generally flip it off.

My grandson has the lego star wars and indiana jones games for the wii, they are so funny to watch.

TTYL