Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Losers! Challenge 2 (28/03-20/06)

Replies

• rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    All the best with your graduation Tami, remember this is a celebration of all you've achieved with your studies. Enjoy it.

I'm all good, managed an early morning run today, planning an early morning bike ride tomorrow, did my first day of sit ups and push ups training. Man I find the push ups challenging, looking forward to getting better at it!
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Today was girl time day with my best friend. We went shopping and I got my nails done for graduation. I so wish now that I had taken tomorrow off. I didn't realize how hectic preparing for graduation would be. Oh well, I'll know for when I graduate again in 2 yrs with my next degree smile

It has been a good day today other than the fact it is snowing yet again. Hello it is almost May and we need a break from this stuff already!!

I am happy to say that today I beat my calorie burn goal for the month of April. I am so excited about that!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Today was girl time day with my best friend. We went shopping and I got my nails done for graduation. I so wish now that I had taken tomorrow off. I didn't realize how hectic preparing for graduation would be. Oh well, I'll know for when I graduate again in 2 yrs with my next degree smile

It has been a good day today other than the fact it is snowing yet again. Hello it is almost May and we need a break from this stuff already!!

I am happy to say that today I beat my calorie burn goal for the month of April. I am so excited about that!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!
    Have a great time at your graduation.
    Well done on your calorie burn. Don't think I will make it. Had planned to do my ballet class tonight, but have been called into work instead. YAY I like the money, need more clothes now that I am losing weight.
    Please post photos of your graduation.
    Have a ROYAL friday everyone. Will miss the wedding on TV tonight now that I'm working, but think we will see reruns. Don't you? :love:
  • jellyfishjen
    Beccy, They just showed on Australian TV a street party in Battersea. I was looking for you in that crush. Hope you had fun.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Becci have a wonderful time in London!

I still haning in there this week. Way behind on my cal burn and not doign so great with my food. The house were are buying flooded wth all the storms we are having here. It's almost cleans up but teh settlemnet wsa moved teo May 4th. Keep your fingers corssed it all goes well.

Have a wonderful weekend all!
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Hello peeps!

I'm back after a really bad couple of weeks food and exercise wise (though I've had a truly awesome time on holiday!)

I'm sorry that I've been so absent from the thread - have had very poor reception on my phone so it was impossible to get to the message boards on my phone! You're all doing great though!

Now I have the hard task of getting back on track... I've done awful on the calories burnt in April challenge :frown: and so in all respects I need May to be better!

I was meant to weigh today after my 2 week scale rehab but I know TOM is imminent so I'm going to refrain from weighing as I know I've put on after the 2 weeks of BBQs and boozes!

I've been a very poor secretary too so just so we're all in the right place can everyone send me their weights from last week? Would be dead helpful!

Glad to be back - please give me a bit of a push - motivation is slightly lacking!
  • jellyfishjen
    Welcome back, Claire. Great that you had a good holiday. Now its back to work, not fair is it. And why does the weight go back on quicker than it comes off.

My weigh in for last monday. 98.3kg (216.7pound).

Started out well this week then went down hill. Have hit a wall again. So need motivation as well. I have that 8km walk in a week's time.

Didn't make my calorie burn for the month either.

Maybe I need a daily challenge to keep on track. I think I need you all to give me a kick up the wahhoozie, and don't let me get away with being slack, and tell me its not ok to go over my calories. ok just "chatting" now with you girls, I am getting up off my lazy butt and down on to that dreadmill. I will use the time to burn calories and try to think up some sort of challenge.

Love you All.
  • jellyfishjen
    OK so I am 51 years old and have learnt that I am responsible for myself and my actions and reactions. It is 7.40pm I have 4 hours and 20 mins to burn 1022 calories to reach Aprils target. So instead of spending saturday night on the couch in front of tv and lament about how i failed this challenge and that I have probably gained weight as well this week ,get up and do something. I only thought I was tired. There was lots of times when i could have fitted a bit more execise in this past month but I didn't so I have no one to blame but myself. Yes my husband has filled the house with chocolate and I should just resist, Just because its here doesn't mean I have to eat it. I am stronger than that. I am starting with 30min on the bike, 2 hours on the bike would see the calories through but my bum wont stand it or rather sit it. Come on everyone get up and do something, lets PUSH each other this week. Except Rach, she has a big bike ride sunday. Please post often, as I will, and encourage each other.
  • jellyfishjen
    DONE. DID IT. ALL OVER RED ROVER.

Would dance with joy, but I am too exhausted and my legs are tired and sore. But I dam well did it. JUST!
    I did bike 30min, treadmill 45min. bike 45min (very sore bum), treadmill 20min.

Didn't think I could do it, but i can do it. :happy:

PS with 90 minutes to spare till midnight
  • rachypompa
    Nice work Jenn, like a double duathlon that!! Well done! I have my first run Auckland run next weekend, and it's Mother's day here too, just need to decide if I'm going to run 5km or 10km. I ran 9.6km the other day and know I 'can do' 10km .... hmmm ... my lovely hubby thinks I should do 10m.

I did it too, biked 45km in 2 hours 20mins. It was windy and cold, and I wished I'd worn my long legs!

Hope your graduation was absolutely wonderful Tami, would love to see some pics.

Welcome back Claire, pleased you had a wonderful holiday, good on ya getting straight back on to it. I have to say that has been my downfall in the past ... my weigh in from last week was 82.5kg or 181.9lb.

I was going to take some measurements tomorrow, but it's TOM and I'm unsure whether that might effect them, so think I'll wait until next week. I know I've lost loads of inches as my trousers are really baggy round my thighs!
  • jellyfishjen
    Well done Rach. Thats a fantastic ride. 45km in 2hrs 20mins is amazing. :flowerforyou:
    I am really looking forward to my walk next weekend. Yeah you can do 10km run, easypeasy . I am pretty happy with what i did last night and amazed that I could. Have been very tired today but I also went to a 90min ballet class this morning and boy am I sore now. Hoping to find the energy before i go to bed to get on the treadmill and at least get my 5000 steps done. I have only done 2672 so far.
  • chiliflea
    Jenni and Rach - you ladies ROCK!!! Hugest congrats from me!

I have decided I'm def going to do the race for life next year with my friend Jo.... SO that's something to aim for! :happy:

Have just jumped on the scale and found that I'm up 5lb ish.... I think 2-3lbs could be TOM as it's nearly that time again so I'm not cross - how can i be as I was the one who made the choices to eat what I did on my holidays! To be honest - before I started on this journey I would have eaten much more while I was away and much worse! I think the alcohol we consumed probably had a lot to do with it too!

I'm back on the wagon now though - will start gyming again next week after the bank holiday and have a kettleworx class on Wednesday (ouchie!!) It'll be easier when Brac is back at school to get exercising... And I'm planning on doing a massive de-cluttering of my house so that should burn some cals too!

Will get on with updating the spreadsheet now....
    :heart: :heart:
  • jellyfishjen
    Wrong direction.

My weight went up 300grams. It was suppose to go the other way. I exercised hard, Ate under calories most days. I blame the chocolate. The calories I ate were obviously not good quality.

This weeks challenge is to make the scales go the other way.
  • rachypompa
    I lost 0.3 kg, (was 82.5kg or 181.9lb last week) to 82.2kg or 181.2lb. A loss is a loss, so I'm not complaining! It's TOM and so I'm hoping for a catch up loss next week. I don't mind, it can take it's time coming off ... I've decided it's going and that is that!!

Hope you other losers do some losing!!

Hey Jenn, that's tough, just have to keep on keeping on. You're doing great it will soon be gone. Promise! x
  • Hello ladies!

Thanks for the support when I felt down yesterday since I had gained some weight, but today I am happy happy! My current weight is 210.5 lbs or 95.7 kgs. Had to step on the scale today to see if my gain over these weeks was caused my tom and my sore muscles holding on to water. And It was.

As for my six weeks situp and pushup program I have been in so much pain during the weekend so my last day of the first week is gonna be done today instead. I dont think that should be a problem, right? My challenge for this week is to fit in some exercise even though I'm either at work, in school or at the summer house gardening for most of the week. Drink enough water and finish week two of my programs before next week begins! I think the situps are way harder to suffer through than the pushups, but that might be because I don't do situps as they say I should.... I never touch the ground with my back or go too high so my muscles can "rest". It's killing me but i know I can do it!! :D happy Monday to all of you!
  • jellyfishjen
    Well done Rach and Hanna. So happy for your losses. :smile:

After spending a day with my mum, and that can be rather testing. I drove to the studios with my daughter, she was working. I hummed and harred about doing a dance class, but decided I was too tired for that. Thought I might just sit in the car and sleep. Then I pushed myself to put my walking shoes on, then just went for it. I started slow, strolling for about 60 seconds than thought what the heck I walk faster than this on the treadmill. So upped the speed massively. What a lovely night. It was dark, cold, but the harbour was beautiful. I ended up doing the big walk (around the Opera House and back) I estimate 4km's. I did it at least 30 mins better than before. I felt so energised when I got back to the studios. So proud of myself. And more than ready for the 8km walk Sunday. Now that we have driven home am rather tired will sleep well. I don't care that I put on weight. I am awesome, my fitness level has improved, I feel good, and am not going to give up. :bigsmile:
  • Well done Rach and Hanna. So happy for your losses. :smile:

After spending a day with my mum, and that can be rather testing. I drove to the studios with my daughter, she was working. I hummed and harred about doing a dance class, but decided I was too tired for that. Thought I might just sit in the car and sleep. Then I pushed myself to put my walking shoes on, then just went for it. I started slow, strolling for about 60 seconds than thought what the heck I walk faster than this on the treadmill. So upped the speed massively. What a lovely night. It was dark, cold, but the harbour was beautiful. I ended up doing the big walk (around the Opera House and back) I estimate 4km's. I did it at least 30 mins better than before. I felt so energised when I got back to the studios. So proud of myself. And more than ready for the 8km walk Sunday. Now that we have driven home am rather tired will sleep well. I don't care that I put on weight. I am awesome, my fitness level has improved, I feel good, and am not going to give up. :bigsmile:

I am so happy for you Jenni!! You will probably show a massive loss next monday even though is seems hard at the moment. Love your positive attitude!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    LOL Seema like half of us are dealing with TOM. Mine has been a killer.

Clair welcome back! since I'm not aproaching a scale durring TOM my weigh it s still a 217. ever sicne I went below 220 I can hardly seem teo make the scale move.

Jenni - you rock! I'm so pleased to finished your April challenge. But I am with you and Clair I really need some motovation to do better in May. I want to Be at 207...35lbs lost by my anniversery on June 7th. 10 Lbs is a lot in one month.

Rach gret loss

Hanna - keep rocking the sit up and push ups. you are doign a great job!

I have a very packed scheduel this week with my house walk through and closing, the beginning of softball season and my son's wisdom teeth comign out and beginning to move this weekend. At least teh packing, moving and softball are all active. I may not get to the gym until Thursday or Friday this week. So my goal is to burn my min of 1700 cals and stay under my calorie goal everyday. haven't been able to do that in awhile. Please help motovate me this week and I will do my best to do teh same for you!
  • jellyfishjen
    I have a very packed scheduel this week with my house walk through and closing, the beginning of softball season and my son's wisdom teeth comign out and beginning to move this weekend. At least teh packing, moving and softball are all active. I may not get to the gym until Thursday or Friday this week. So my goal is to burn my min of 1700 cals and stay under my calorie goal everyday. haven't been able to do that in awhile. Please help motovate me this week and I will do my best to do teh same for you!

Good Luck with your busy week. How old is your son? My daughter was 17 when she had her wisdom removed. She didn't handle it so well took about 4 days for her to get off the couch. Maybe she was enjoying the attention and movies.
    Your goals are good. You can do this.
    I can't think of any goals yet. Well to complete the Mothers day classic on 8th May, but am feeling confident about that.
    Maybe I will do what you are and watch my calorie intake.
  • chiliflea
    Today I'm back at it - Off to the gym this morning, I have a kettleworx class tomorrow morning and I think I'll get back on the EA sports too... Maybe get on the 9 week challenge..

Only 7 weeks until the end of this challenge and I don't think I'm anywhere near where I should be... I know I'm sitting at about 270lbs at the mo (269.2) bit I'm hoping some of that is TOM weight...

So.... My challenge for this week is to stay under calories, eat well, drink my water and get moving!

I'm having a massive house clearout this week too now DS is back at school - tired of living in clutter so anything I don't need is going - and I'm going to be brutal! I'm such a hoarder so I'm hoping that if I clear my surroundings i'll stop hoarding weight too!