Eastern Standard Time 5am gym crew team pls?

Options

Replies

• doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Great job BeLight.

I ran this morning. 50 minutes, just under 5 miles. Felt really strong this morning.

You must live some place warm!! It was 30 and snowing here in NY this morning:sad:

I wish I lived somewhere warm (I live in Ohio). I have a treadmill in my basement. I watch TV and listen to my Ipod - time flies by.
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! :) I only ran 3. Was planning on 4.5 but I got bored, lol.

Do you listen to an ipod? That might help entertain you while you are running:flowerforyou:

No, can you believe I don't even own one? lol. The gym has TV's up that I watch, but I dunno, it just got to me yesterday. :) I'm used to running to no music/distractions though. I think it would help if I had an ipod.....hmmmm....must talk to the hubby! :laugh:
  • think48
    Options
    Ugh. I fought it hard, this morning. Snoozed twice, and was 20 minutes late to the gym, so I had to cut my workout short. Did the rowing machine, bike, and some weights though. I did it....but ugh.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    No, can you believe I don't even own one? lol. The gym has TV's up that I watch, but I dunno, it just got to me yesterday. :) I'm used to running to no music/distractions though. I think it would help if I had an ipod.....hmmmm....must talk to the hubby! :laugh:
    Yes, you must! I can't imagine life without my ipod lol
    Ugh. I fought it hard, this morning. Snoozed twice, and was 20 minutes late to the gym, so I had to cut my workout short. Did the rowing machine, bike, and some weights though. I did it....but ugh.

And you did it anyways! Woo hoo!
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Major thunder and lightning storms last night, our power went out and did not come back on until 8!! So, walking in circles at a fast pace (scaring the heck out of my cats lol) burned 250 calories in 45 minutes, not too bad ~ not TF, but better than sleeping lol
  • think48
    Options
    Major thunder and lightning storms last night, our power went out and did not come back on until 8!! So, walking in circles at a fast pace (scaring the heck out of my cats lol) burned 250 calories in 45 minutes, not too bad ~ not TF, but better than sleeping lol

LOLLL!!! That's great though! :laugh:
  • doo1963
    Options
    Major thunderstorms overnight for me as well. Didn't lose power though. Completed my last back and bicep workout for this round.

Good job of overcoming the obstacles to get your workout in guys.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Morning Everyone!!

Power was back on, so my cats were happily eating uninterrupted while I got in TF this morning:tongue:

It's almost Friday!
  • doo1963
    Options
    Got my run in this morning. 50 minutes, 5.25 miles. Felt like I could have kept running but had to stop to get ready for work. :grumble:
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Got my run in this morning. 50 minutes, 5.25 miles. Felt like I could have kept running but had to stop to get ready for work. :grumble:

My job is always getting in the way of things I want to do too!:angry:
  • think48
    Options
    Great job Doo!!!!!! You are totally motivating me! Just what I needed! :smile:
  • think48
    Options
    Well, yesterday morning I wimped out - we had those horrible thunderstorms that kept me up all night, so I didn't work out yesterday. :ohwell:

But today, I fought it, and I did it. 4 miles running and some ab work.

Amy - is Turbo Fire really good? I'd never seen what it was til I saw the infomercial at the gym this morning. It looks so awesome. Do you feel silly doing the moves or can you keep up pretty well ('you' as in, how do people feel in general, do you think, not YOU) lol. :wink:
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Amy - is Turbo Fire really good? I'd never seen what it was til I saw the infomercial at the gym this morning. It looks so awesome. Do you feel silly doing the moves or can you keep up pretty well ('you' as in, how do people feel in general, do you think, not YOU) lol. :wink:

OH NO ~ I really thought no one could see me:wink::laugh: :laugh:

I LOVE TurboFire, it is tough and I have at least 4 left feet, but yes, I can do most of the moves almost gracefully now:flowerforyou: Silly, well, I got over that feeling while I was learning Turbo Jam years ago ~ the music in both TJ & TF is rather addicting though. My poor husband has to listen to a lot more "rap" music now a days:glasses:

I would totally recommend it ~ and no, I'm not a coach or sales person or anything like that ~ I know that these workouts have totally helped me with my weight loss.

And now, I must admit, I did not workout this morning. Hubby didn't have to go in until later than usual, so we both slummed it this morning, a rare treat indeed for us! We are normally nonstop from 5 am until we leave for work.

TGIF everyone!

I have a 5 day weekend, so I'm not sure how much I'll be around here ~ Happy Easter!
  • doo1963
    Options
    Well, yesterday morning I wimped out - we had those horrible thunderstorms that kept me up all night, so I didn't work out yesterday. :ohwell:

But today, I fought it, and I did it. 4 miles running and some ab work.

Great job. I think getting the workout started is the hardest thing to do. Once you start, you wonder why you ever considered not doing it.
  • doo1963
    Options
    No work today so I did my workout a little later (still in the morning). Did a deck of cards workout - pullups, pushups, burpees and jump squats. Adding the burpees instead of crunches really changed the intensity of the workout.

Have a great Easter everyone.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Great workout Doo!
  • doo1963
    Options
    Back at in this morning. Didn't work out yesterday morning but I ran last night. Quick turnaround for this mornings workout and my body is feeling it.

This is a recovery week for me so I did Core Synergistics this morning. My plan is to run tomorrow and then do Core Synergistics on Friday and then do one of the Insanity workouts on Saturday. Off on Sunday and then Monday morning starts another round of P90X/Running/Insanity hybrid.
  • think48
    Options
    Back at in this morning. Didn't work out yesterday morning but I ran last night. Quick turnaround for this mornings workout and my body is feeling it.

This is a recovery week for me so I did Core Synergistics this morning. My plan is to run tomorrow and then do Core Synergistics on Friday and then do one of the Insanity workouts on Saturday. Off on Sunday and then Monday morning starts another round of P90X/Running/Insanity hybrid.

Great job! I went this morning too......UGH. Got it in, but I stayed up too late last night so it hurt! Did some weight lifting and a short interval burst on the treadmill.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    UH OH ~ where did you all go?? Are you getting drowned with all this *&$#&@! rain too???
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I do a body pump class at 5:15 am MWF and a spin class TTH at 5:30 am. I can always use friends to help me stay accountable (and vice versa!)