Over 200 Club New Year New Me Part 47

Options

Replies

• tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    So... how many calories does a 90 minute 4-on-1 interview burn?

Holy crap!! I'm exhausted.

I think it went well though, my current job is pretty similar to this job so I think that gives me a head start.

However - now I have to wait a week and I will undoubtedly go over every question and answer and agonize over all of it.

Heather - congrats on the 170s!
    Debbie - I hope all goes well with the bank/house stuff
    Momma - I'm sure things are difficult being happy and sad for Ryan, but take comfort in that he will be receiving the attention and education he needs
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hii everyone!! I JUST finally saw the post telling me to meet you all over here....ugh I hate to say it but I really can be a ditz sometimes. How is everyone doing lately?

I have kind of been watching what I am eating but not as much as I should be, gonna start logging in everyday again like I did the last month, it really seemed to help. Other than that I have not really been engaged in any rigorous activity...so needless to say I am sort off gaining since I have been back home from my vacation. Playing with my nephews, who are 12, 4 and 2 years old most likely helped me lose the weight during my last weigh in, but I have to say...it sucks to see the scale creep up again!!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Checking in from yesterday

Cals - Over. Cookies and milk at work = poor decisions
    Water - 64 oz
    Exercise - Walked about a mile
    Proud - I was in charge of snacks for growth group and I brought very healthy stuff!
  • tlrue
    Options
    Checking in for Wednesday:
    Calories: Way under (where oh where has my appetite gone!)
    Water: 60oz
    Exercise: The worst day of the circuit (but I made it through)
    Proud: My second interview went REALLY well yesterday!! I didn't panic during questions, I wasn't preoccupied with "oh gosh, I wonder if I look fat" thoughts (I should know if I got the job in the next week or so... )

OH! And the apartment we looked at last night was BEAAUUUUTIFUL! We emailed them this morning to let them know we would like to sign a lease if they'll have us :)
  • purpleprose
    purpleprose Posts: 650
    Options
    So - i have HUGE news. HUGE.

I AM EMPLOYED AFTER GRADUATION! I just finished negotiating and accepting an offer from a company I'm thrilled to be working for in Virginia. :happy: :drinker:

In true MFP style, I celebrated by being killed at the gym by my trainer.
  • tlrue
    Options
    So - i have HUGE news. HUGE.

I AM EMPLOYED AFTER GRADUATION! I just finished negotiating and accepting an offer from a company I'm thrilled to be working for in Virginia. :happy: :drinker:

In true MFP style, I celebrated by being killed at the gym by my trainer.

YAAAYYY!!!!! Congratulations!! :) So happy for you!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hooray Allison!!! Congratulations!!!

Teresa - Glad to hear the apt was beautiful! Hope you all get it!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS PURPLEPROSE on your job!!!!! and to TSTOUT on the interview and beautiful apartment! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

checking in for yesterday:
    calories: good
    exercise: good - an hour at the Y
    water: not so good
    proud: that I'm still motivated after finishing my class
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Allison: Congrats on the job! I bet that's a huge relief.

Teresa: Yay for the new apartment! It sounds like the second interview went well. At my work, I know the interviews are going well if they last more than 30 minutes. The best ones always last an hour or more.

It's been quiet around here! I've been super busy at work, so I apologize for not being here as much as I'd like to be! Hope everyone has a good weigh-in tomorrow!

Checking in for yesterday:
    Water: 84.5 oz.
    Exercise: Two hours doing ground training with my horse.
    Proud: That my horse let me catch her in three minutes AND got into the horse trailer! The planets must have been aligned just right...
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Yay, Allison!!

Hooray, Teresa!!

I'm feeling very pregnant this week. I'm apparently suffering from round ligament pain & it kills every time I take a step. I'm nearly in tears by the time I make it all the way across the parking lot at work to my car every afternoon (it's only about 1/4 mile, but man it sucks). I haven't been able to exercise at all because of it. I'm thinking about trying some prenatal yoga to at least get some kind of exercise this week. I'm a bit bummed about it after I had such an awesome week of exercise last week. Debbie downer. :tongue:
  • tlrue
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone! :)

I just got a call from two of my references, saying they got calls from my potential company!

My boss said the person that called him had a lot of great things to say about me! And my other reference (one of our vendors) emailed me and said the he told them that I "can walk on water, split atoms with your bare hands, and could fix the problems in the Middle East if asked" WOO! Go me!

I two more references that I sent them... one is another business contact and the last is my college rugby coach, so they should have good things to say as well!

Here's hoping!
  • purpleprose
    Options
    Teresa - glad you found a gorgeous apartment (I'm searching for myself!) and way to go on your interviews!! If they're calling references, that's a great sign. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Julie - sorry you're not feeling well. :( Hopefully the yoga will help. Is there anything your doctor can do to help?

Heather - wtg on points and horse time!

Thanks for all the love ladies - I'm really excited about this next phase of my career. And now I can relax through graduation knowing I am set with a job.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I conveniently forgot to weigh in this morning. I weighed after I was fully dressed in jeans & running shoes & my hair was soaked from just getting out of the shower & I was up 5 pounds from last week. Honestly, I'm pretty happy with that! :laugh: It probably means I only gained a pound or so after 2 pints of Ben & Jerry's, a box of Cheez-its, and no exercise this week thanks to the stupid round ligament pain. I'm really going to work to getting back into exercising & eliminating most of the junk food from my diet. That was working really well to stall my weight gain.

Allison -- There's nothing the doctor can do about the pain. It's normal due to the ligaments around the pelvis & uterus all stretching like crazy during pregnancy. The best way to treat it is to try to prevent it and to try to ignore it when it happens. Slowing down helps so this afternoon I'm going to try a turtle warm-up walk before my usual brisk walk at lunch to see if that helps.
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    I'll start the weigh-in!

Heather........-2.0........-1.11%
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Julie: I hope the ligament pain goes away or at least becomes more bearable soon! That sounds just awful, but as you said, normal considering what the body has to do to accommodate a growing baby.

Teresa: I agree with Allison. If they're checking your references, it's a fantastic sign. Fingers crossed for you!

Deb: If you're scanning the boards, congrats on your house closing! I'm so happy it worked out!

The rest of you ladies better get over here and check in!

Checking in for yesterday:
    Water: 50.7 oz....was super busy at work yesterday and forgot to drink.
    Exercise: Another two hours with my horse. She let me catch her in 10 minutes, got into the trailer twice within ten minutes AND did great on the mounting block training. I ended up riding bareback for 30 minutes and can feel it in my glutes and adductors this morning.
    Proud: My horse was awesome and I was super productive at work yesterday!
  • tlrue
    Options
    I remembered about weighing in after I ate breakfast... woops! However! And even though I'm the same weight as last Friday, that means I'm down 4 from Monday. I'll take it! I've worked out everyday this week, so I'm sure I'm retaining water and all that good stuff.

OH! We got an email from the apartment people, They want to rent to us!!!! Now we just have to scramble to find money for the deposit. So many things changing all at once! I feel like we've got karma-momentum rolling our way... now if I could only get a "we want to hire you" call, we'd be all set!!

Julie - I hope you're feeling better today :)

Happy Friday everyone!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I'll start the weigh-in!

Lstpaul........-.2 ..........-a smidgeon

Tstout - that is a GREAT sign if they are calling references!

Lildeb - I didn't see anything on here about you closing but it sounds like it went through? Good news!

I didn't lose much since my last weigh-in, but since I had gained last weekend I'm happy to have gotten back to where I was and just a smidgeon lower.
  • purpleprose
    Options
    Lstpaul.........-0.2 ..........-a smidgeon
    Allison..........-3.0..........-1.37%

Heather - so glad to see that scale moving for you, especially after so long at a plateau.
    Teresa - yay for your apartment!
    Julie - sorry to hear about the fact they can't really do anything. I had no idea that type of side effect existed, but it makes sense. I hope you feel better soon.
    Deb - closing today! Awesome!

I'm just glad things are moving on my end. I'm just 2 pounds from being out of the "obese" range and am getting agonizingly close to ONEderland! I have about 6 weeks to graduation 5 weeks to beach week (yikes!) and I think it's doable as long as I remain focused on the goal.

I hope everyone has a good weigh-in today!
  • tlrue
    Options
    Oh! Checking in!

Calories: Under!!
    Water: 50oz... not enough
    Exercise: 45 minutes of dancing!
    Proud: Two of my references called me back and had said really flattering things about me :)

OOH!!! AND! My savior of a mother just called, they're going to help us out with the deposit!!!!!! YAAAYYYYYY!!!
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    PURPLEPROSE- YAYYYY great news, hope I am in your position after I graduate in a year! Tell us about the position! I am so excited for you.

-TSTOUT- Great news about your interview and apartment. I moved recently as well, going today to get some decor lol.

Weigh in, I gained today but not taking it super hard

Lstpaul.........-0.2 ..........-a smidgeon
    Allison..........-3.0..........-1.37%
    Andrea.........+1.0........still not sure how to do this