This Really Needs to Stop...

Options

Replies

• spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    I agree!! I thought this site was for those 18 years and older so who cares if the pics show some skin...how else can we see "our bodies" as they change if a litttle isn't shown..
  • Imthatg1rl
    Imthatg1rl Posts: 109
    Options
    I love this thread!
    There is NEVER a need to try to make someone else feel bad. Everyone here has one reason or another to be here. We don't know everyone's circumstances, so to be hateful enough to go out of your way to be nasty to them is just uncalled for. The community here is for support.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    We need like a hands on musuem for the people in this thread....not only can you look but you can touch as well....

JUST SAYIN!
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    Agreed!! :drinker: I think everyone should be able to put up whatever frakking pic they want!
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    We need like a hands on musues for the people in this thread....not only can you look but you can touch as well....

JUST SAYIN!

Well said Trav... my hands are itchin to check some out some of the goods here...
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Now, I don't hardly ever start topics on the boards, but I have to say this. I have THE BEST friends on here. They are nurturing, loving, supporting, empathetic, and open-minded. They are like this if we are discussing weight loss or personal matters of our real lives.

I myself have experienced this and now I've had so many of these wonderful people get their feelings hurt lately because others on this site are sending private messages to them complaining about their profile pictures, weight loss tickers, headline quotes, etc. being offensive.

I've heard them upset because people who see them on the boards or on mutual friend's walls, passing judgement on their flirty attitudes. All the while, these people who are so delicate and offended are NOT even our friends.

So here is my point. This is a site that offers many things to many different people. I encourage those out there who are getting harassed like this to NOT take it!!! We have a right to express ourselves on here and no one should feel bullied out of doing so. To those who are trolling the boards and random profiles to pass judgement and be critical, it is time to find a better use of your time. It is hurtful, unnecessary, and will not bother you at all if you simply move on.

XOXO

Totally agreed. Makes me want to post a picture of my *kitten*. :) lol

Please please please please!!!!
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Do people really complain about ab pictures?

I always find them so motivating.

^ Right? Though I *hear* they exist, it's nice to see photographic evidence. Now if I could just find mine...:laugh:
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Pretty clear from this thread and the others I've seen these last few weeks that people here are generally tolerant-to-liberal, kind, caring, motivated types and whoever these troublemakers are they represent the minority!
  • djnelson1024
    Options
    I agree with this one hundred ten percent babe we are all here for one thing weightloss and the expressionism we can use on here and they way we go about it should not makje any difference to anyone this is not a high school where we are trying to be better than the person next to us or whateverwe are all adults why cant we all act like one. I love this site and the people on bher are absolutely the best ever. I love you guys HUGS and KISSES to my DarkAngel for posting this!!!
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Well put!!

While this is *technically* a social networking site, that is not MFP's main purpose. This is a TOOL and a COMMUNITY for weight loss, health and advice. Using this site to harass or insult people is really taking complete advantage of a free site designed to do the exact opposite. Not to mention, it's totally creepy and uncalled for.

Here are a few cliches to ponder:
    Misery loves company.

Living Well is the best revenge.

Keep on keepin on!

To anyone that has been insulted by these "trolls", rest easy knowing you're NOT a vindictive and generally crappy person. :flowerforyou:
  • C_Bran
    C_Bran Posts: 254
    Options
    Even tho' this post doesn't need it........

BAM!!! You get the Ceebran stamp of approval....... :wink:
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    To the person who did not like my profile pic ...*lets her inner child out*..... "Na, na, na, na, na, naaaaaa!" :tongue:

haha love it!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    This makes me wish I had an *kitten* to post a pic of lol
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with you. :flowerforyou:
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I broutght the abs back in spite of my hate mail
    <

Someone actually complained? How can someone not like looking at that pic? People are strange. :happy:
    Be proud of your hard work and feel free to show it offf!!! This goes for the calves too :)
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    People who are easily offended totally offend me. ;)
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    I sure hope your post puts an "end" to this.

Nice "end" BTW.

:wink:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I sure hope your post puts an "end" to this.

Nice "end" BTW.

:wink:

You got me with that line too. :blushing:
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    OMG there's abs and *kitten* and boobs and naked people all over the place on this thread!

... I think you're just a bunch of *kitten*!

Excuse me while I go take new pics of myself to add to the fun...

I concur! LOL
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Can these people be reported to Mike?
This discussion has been closed.