V&F ~ Hot Mamas by Mother's Day

Options

Replies

• melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to vary my workouts from day to day while not overdoing it since I've been having problems with my hip lately (I have a collapsed hip, and have been really pushing myself workout-wise over the past several months). I change up with Wii exercises, dancing (Just Dance and Zumba), and boxing (Everlast Boxing workout), as well as taking long walks (an hour or more) downtown at least once a week.

Foodwise, this is my fourth week of zigzagging, and it seems to be working pretty well. I've lost about two and half kilos since I started the calorie cycling.
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I haven't been doing any exercises at all, I have been watching what I eat and eating it in moderation. But I have noticed it is getting harder to lose my 2 pounds per week and my calorie intake is getting alot lower. So for this challenge, I want to start drinking my 8 glasses of water and exercising. I hate exercising, so this will be hard for me to achieve. I am just wondering how I can start introducing exercise to my daily life, I do have a treadmill. I was thinking maybe 15 minutes walking 2 times a week? I am not sure, is this a good start? should I exercise everyday instead? Oh, and do you eat your calories that you have exercised?
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Any start is a good start! :) Listen to your body, don't over do it, but don't wuss out either hahaha You've been doing consistantly well, I'm sure you will do well with this too!
    I try not to eat all of my exercise calories, but I think you should definately eat some to keep your matabolism going :)
    (that's just my opinion)
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I am doing the zumba on the Wii for 45 minutes every day and also doing the Jullian Michaels 30 day shred !
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I am doing the zumba on the Wii for 45 minutes every day and also doing the Jullian Michaels 30 day shred !

hey, we have something in common! I love both those workouts too!

I am not losing any weight, but I feel like a hot mama. I am changing up my routine with hopes that helps.
  • msmindyf
    msmindyf Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Zumba for 2 straight hours today! My legs will be like that of lead tomorrow I'm sure..but, if not, I will be at Zumba toning..lol
  • margie_77
    Options
    Everything is a little stiff this morning. Yesterday was a triple header. 3 miles on the elpitical, day 6 of 30 day shred, and then belly dancing.
    Today will just be running and 30 day shred.
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Weighed in at 162 this week. The 150's are in sight...
  • margie_77
    Options
    0407vf.jpg
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Ahh...how am I just now seeing this??

Ok, I was a pound away on our last challenge..so close, yet so far.
    I've got my own challenge going on for summer, my Easter one is almost over, and I need just another way to stay accountable. So...I'm back for Mother's Day!

I'll be weighing in on Thursdays if that's ok.

Starting Weight as of 4/7/11: 142.4 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weigth for 5/8/11: 138 lbs (Ideally I'd like to be back at my pre-baby weight...134-136...by Mother's Day but I'd be happy with 138.bs)

4/7: 142.4 lbs
    4/14:
    4/21: <<<mini goal 140.4>>>
    4/28:
    5/5:
    5/8: <<<challenge goal 138 (hopefully 134-136)>>>
  • margie_77
    Options
    I'm so glad you found us!!! :) I will add you this weekend!
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    This challenge I'm trying something different. I've stopped eating after 7:00pm. This is extremely difficult for me because I'm an evening snacker. I don't know if this is my issue with not losing any weight for about 4 weeks now buy I'm willing to try it. I did the 30 day Shred about a month ago and loved it :love: . I'm now doing Jillian's No More Trouble Zones and every other day I add in my elliptical trainer too. I :heart: this DVD too, it truly works everything. I can totally see a difference in my arms and my booty is getting the good lift on it. I'm going to be one hot momma this Mother's Day.:smokin:

Have a great evening everyone.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I lost a pound this week down to 205.5
  • txchic_73
    txchic_73 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am down to 134.0! Finally a loss! Yay!
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I couldn't wait until tomorrow to weigh in. I finally lost some weight down to 165.8!!! I'm back on the train of hotness! lol
  • jaelwoman
    jaelwoman Posts: 81
    Options
    Well I lost 2 pounds this week and was in the gym 4 days since last Friday. I've increased my level on the treadmill - still a 3.0 pace but a 3.0 incline (I was at Zero!! LOL) I want to hold at 4 days a week this week but I also want to push it harder at the gym. Not sure what that will look like yet. I need to add in weights and I want to either go faster on the treadmill or add in the elliptical. I tried that for 5 minutes the other day - it killed me. It was after 30 minutes on the treadmill though, so I might try it first.
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    157.6! I hope I broke this plateau! I too have stopped eating after 7:30. We usually eat late, because I like my kids to have outside time with the weather turning nice, but I make it a point to have dinner ready by 7 and I don't snack before hand.
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    :happy: weigh in results.....240.3 lbs,yay! especially with all my cravings this week, I am surprised that I managed to lose, it was sooo difficult this week to stay focused, sometimes I just felt like quitting. But I guess I am still losing even if it is taking forever. I know I didn't gain this weight overnight but I sure wish I could lose it overnight! Good job everyone on the weight loss!:happy:
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Everyone is doing such a great job today! I am so proud to be in this group. I may not have participated much because I don't have a lot to contribute in terms of weight loss. But I can always provide motivation. Reading about everyone's losses is so inspiraional. Here's to a great weekend!

Pam, great job on breaking your plateau!! I'm sure eating earlier really made a big difference. Did you do anything else differently?

Licha, I'm glad you didn't quit! You have the right attitude. I would rather the weight come off slowly because I stayed in the fight than to have it stagnant or start gaining because I threw in the towel. Keep up the good work!

Sue, increasing the incline is a great way to get an extra burn in your legs. Remember, don't hold on to the bars! It sounds like a great plan adding the elliptical or speed on the tm for variety. Great job on the loss!

Carrie, I'm on that same train to hotness...mine just may be moving a little slower than yours! :) Great job!

Txchic-- you are already a smokin' hot mama and we still have 4 weeks before Mother's Day!

Kris- great job on the loss. That's just another pound that you'll never have to see again!
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I would love to join.
    sw- 173.8
    gw- 166

I didn't do as well as I hoped this week. I weighed in at 173.1 lbs