What is your favorite Laughing Cow Cheese recipe?

Options

Replies

• maritimemom
    maritimemom Posts: 192
    Options
    I just discovered Laughing Cow this week so I'm totally bumping this! There are so many great recipes here! :) Thanks!
  • jmikels67
    jmikels67 Posts: 116
    Options
    Wow these are fantastic ideas! :-)
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    for later
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I steam cauliflower and mash it up with the garlic and herb laughing cow. Tastes like mashed potatoes and if you use a 1/3 head of cauliflower it comes out to about 90 calories with the cheese wedge
  • lidunne
    lidunne Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I"d love that crab rangoon recipe!

I'm actually making this AGAIN tonight! Here's the recipe. Comes from Hungry-girl.com.

The Crab Rangoonies

PER SERVING (4 "crab rangoonies"): 140 calories, 1.5g fat, 618mg sodium, 20g carbs, 1g fiber, 2g sugars, 9g protein -- PointsPlus® value 3*

Don't let the name creep you out. What can we say? We love the '80s flick The Goonies! This recipe is too good to pass up...

Ingredients:
    1/4 cup fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
    2 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese
    4 oz. imitation crabmeat, flaked
    1 tsp. low-sodium/lite soy sauce
    1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
    2 scallions, finely chopped
    16 small square wonton wrappers (often stocked near the tofu in the fridge section of the market)
    Optional: sweet & sour sauce or Chinese-style hot mustard, for dipping

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

To make your filling, combine all ingredients except wonton wrappers in a bowl, breaking up the cheese wedges as you add them. Mix until uniform. Set aside. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray and set that aside as well.

Lay two wrappers flat on a clean, dry surface. Spoon a heaping 1/2 tbsp. of filling into the center of each wrapper. Moisten all four edges of each wrapper by dabbing your fingers in water and going over the edges smoothly. Fold the bottom left corner of each wrapper to meet the top right corner, forming a triangle and enclosing the filling. Press firmly on the edges to seal. Repeat with all remaining wrappers and filling, gently placing each rangoon flat on the baking sheet.

Spray the tops of the wontons with nonstick spray. Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes, carefully flipping halfway through, until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly.

If you like, dip your rangoonies in some sweet & sour sauce or hot mustard!

MAKES 4 SERVINGS
  • COURTNEYL22
    COURTNEYL22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sandbug
    Sandbug Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Gotta Bump this!!!
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I melt it w/ a little salsa or salsa con queso (Newman's own) for a cheesy dip for veggies (celery, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower....) or even use it for a *dressing* for taco salad.

Last week I had a chicken breast w/ black beans and added a Laughing cow wedge for a quick lunch.

My kids like it when I make grilled cheese sandwiches (whole grain bread, spread one side w/ Laughing Cow and 1 slice low fat cheese) or on tortilla roll ups. Or they make their own *Lunchables* using Reduced Fat Triscuit crackers, Laughing Cow Light, and a little bit of ham or turkey or turkey pepperoni.

Try it melted on a baked potato instead of sour cream. I'm a little addicted to Laughing Cow. :bigsmile: I love the regular, Garlic and herb, and Queso Fresco flavors!

I was just thinking about what I should have for dinner, and I'm so making a baked potato with laughing cow cheese! Thanks for all the awesome ideas!
  • deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Tanya761
    Tanya761 Posts: 146
    Options
    Bump!
  • ritafay2011
    Options
    laughing cow cheese is great!!!!!! PEPPER JACK IS MY FAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kdchick99
    kdchick99 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Have you tried look up other stores that offer it? You be surprise to find out who may be carrying the flavors you like
  • twinsX3
    twinsX3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump............mmmmmmm
  • sarahkumba
    sarahkumba Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump.. yum!
  • elucke
    elucke Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Steam a head of califlower and then add 4 or 5 Laughing Cow wedges ( I use the Swiss Light), salt, pepper and garlic powder and mash it all together! Tastes just like creamy mash potatoes!! And it makes about 4 servings, enough for the whole family!!
  • PandaFAmBAm
    PandaFAmBAm Posts: 111
    Options
    I have to say I tried laughing cow today. I just took my plain old boring turkey slices and spreaded the queso one and rolled them UP....sooo good and I can't wait to have it again 2morrow lol
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I don't have time to get all the website and recipes...But thanks for the post!! Laughing cow is one of my favs!!!!
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    bump
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I don't have any great recipes but I LOVE laughing cow cheese.

Light Swiss with Special K multi-grain crakers or Garlic & Herb with Special K Savory Herb crakers.

I wish I could find the bleu cheese wedges. Does anyone have them in their local store? If so, which one? (Don't have them at Target or Walmart here in Charlotte NC).