Like Minded Lushes April 2011

Options

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Thursday=0 drinks
    I did a 15 minute at home workout. I think I am not gonna do the running anymore. It's boring and I don't like it. What's the point?
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Amy, if you don't like it, there *is* no point, because you won't push yourself and won't get stronger/better/faster. Find something you enjoy!
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options

I'm kind of jealous that everyones' weekend is starting and mine is gone, gone, gone

Yes but yours will be here again sooner than ours :tongue:

Nope, I will party along with you guys as I only work every other weekend:bigsmile:

HAHA right on!
  • chrisyoung0422
    Options
    Amy, if you don't like it, there *is* no point, because you won't push yourself and won't get stronger/better/faster. Find something you enjoy!

I second the motion!

It is super important to like what you do as a workout. Like most things in life "if you hate it you will not full achieve in it".
  • chrisyoung0422
    Options
    Does that really work? Drinking water in between drinks?????

I used to be a big fan of this when it came to having to DD at bar close. You end up spending half the night in a bathroom or looking for one though....
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Does that really work? Drinking water in between drinks?????

I used to be a big fan of this when it came to having to DD at bar close. You end up spending half the night in a bathroom or looking for one though....

Haha agreed! But it really does help with the hungover bloat :happy:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

It's actually one of my boyfriends bestfriends birthday today and he's going out to Hartford to the bars. Nothing wrong with it but my boyfriend and I are younger than him and don't even like the bars anymore. I asked my boyfriend if he wanted to meet up with people after dinner but he'd rather come home and veg on the couch haha. The cruise however will be another story :drinker:

I am so over going out to bars...much rather get my drink on at home. Like you, vacation is a much differnet story! We're gonna tear Vegas up next month :happy:

My boyfriend is 26, I'm 25. Two of his bestfriends are almost 30 and still live at home, they haven't grown up at all. They never understand why we don't like going out anymore. Well, it's because we have a nice house and like to sit back and enjoy it, instead of pushing our way through loud drunk idiots. Now when we go on our yearly cruise, that's a different story. Kyle doesn't have to drive so he lets loose, doesn't have to think about work and can really unwind. He'll still act like an old man some nights but he gets over it as soon as we are walking around the ship with drinks in hand :smile:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Made it another week drink free!! :love:

Mon-Thurs-- 0

The baby has had a stomach virus and I think I am coming down with it...so I may not be drinking this weekend.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and reaches their goals! :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Made it another week drink free!! :love:

Mon-Thurs-- 0

The baby has had a stomach virus and I think I am coming down with it...so I may not be drinking this weekend.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and reaches their goals! :drinker:

Great Job!!! Hope you stay healthy!!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Greetings all!! Back from spring break in Palm Springs. I ate and drank whatever I wanted. Zero exercise. Just hit the scale..up 2 lbs.
    I was expecting more. So I'm ok with it.

Back to logging everything today..and exercising.

Glad to see some more newbies found our home.
    Some of you had a tough time while I was gone (Robin..hang in there)
    Some of you are doing great with your goals.
    The rest of us are just pluggin along.
    That's what makes this thread so great.
    Happy weekend to everyone!!
    I've had enough over indulgence for a while and am actually looking forward to getting back on track over the weekend.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options

I second the motion!

It is super important to like what you do as a workout. Like most things in life "if you hate it you will not full achieve in it".
    :laugh: thanks for giving me permission to quit.
    I am going to try cross-fit on Monday! Also, I may be furloughed since I am a federal employee, we'll see if they can agree on a budget by midnight. But if we are, I will have time to try all kinds of things!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Had a couple of beers tonight, been pretty good so far this week and I'm just starting a 10 day break from work :happy: yipee. Haven't been to the gym since Monday though, couldn't go Wednesday as planned as my son's after school club got cancelled and the last 2 days I've been feeling a bit under the weather. I feel asleep yesterday evening as soon as I got home and slept for a couple of hours, ended up cancelling my planned night out too :grumble:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    yvonne, sorry you had to cancel your night out. I hope you are feeling better.

just got back from the wine store with 3 months worth of wine club (12 bottles of wine) woo hoo Italian, French and Washington and California and all different kinds to play with.
  • Tiffeney
    Tiffeney Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    After dinner with the kids I can really use a drink ! Got on the scale not to do that till the morning and I am over 1.6 this double sucks !
  • Tiffeney
    Tiffeney Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I meant was not to do that till
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Your wine club sounds awesome!
    I just opened up a merlot. I tend to only drink reds in colder weather (it got cold here in Cali recently)..during summer I'm a white wine or vodka girl usually.
    I love a Vodka/Fresca with a splash of pom or cranberry in the summer.

I am so ready for warm weather (don't hate me you east coast people..we've had a cold/wet winter for us this year!)...primarily for all the great fresh veggies/fruit we get.
    We found fresh white corn on the cob in the store and I'm excited to be grilling that tonight. It's so sweet you don't need a bit of butter! :happy:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Great work, Natasha!! Sorry you and baby girl are sick. :'(

I've heard some great things about Crossfit...I hope you aren't furloughed, Amy. I have several friends that work for the government and they're freaking out right now. I'll cross my fingers!!

Robin, that wine sounds yummy!

Yeah, I'm not drinking tonight, so everyone who is have one for me!!
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    This is the kind of support I need. I was doing so well and was so close to my 95lb weight loss goal...and suddenly I got lazy and have gained close to 10 lbs back!!!! I was just saying that I need to get back on the wagon and NOW, but what do I do? I eat Papa Johns pizza for supper and buy the ingredients to make myself a big ole vodka collins (which was really good btw). I try to limit my drinking to Sunday dinners with the family and the occasional drink at home, but it's not always so easy. I am a big wine drinker as well. Help me get back on the wagon and loose these last 20 lbs (I WAS 11lbs away:'( )
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    *raises beer* Salude!! The Bun has beer! (Heh I like the nickname btw ;D )

By the time I finish, it will probably be close to ten. At least I'm being honest about it eh? LOL the pathetic thing is the only reason we have any alcohol is because I cashed in all our cans today. I was going to use it to get milk/cheese but Mr. Bunny's friend/girlfriend invited us over for dinner. They cooked, we brought beer. I am happy!! :laugh:
  • williediesel
    Options
    Vodka and sugar free rockstar !!!! Every Friday it just cost me and extra 15min on the treadmill