Like Minded Lushes April 2011

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
Hello and welcome to the thread that acknowledges alcohol.:blushing: We like it. :tongue: Most of us drink it. :drinker: We struggle with the effect it has on our weight loss.:noway: We support each other when we strive to control it. :heart: We support each other when we fail to control it. :laugh:

This is a support zone. Not a judging zone.

Here's to a new month and I have about 8 weeks before my alcoholic stupor arrives while I am in St. Thomas. I need to get things under control so the bikinis will look good.

Welcome to all the new lushes to the thread. we are all here to support.

If you want to see what we are all about here's last month thread.
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/200799-like-minded-lushes-march-2011?page=6#posts-2723801

Replies

• mslesly
    mslesly Posts: 7
    Options
    Love this!!!! I too am a weekend lush. Had to cut it to the weekends because "Ouch!" was becoming too big of a status update on Facebook.
    Just started Weight Watchers this week and am staying way withing my point range because I am still trying to stick to my calorie range. This is a challenge but sort of fun in a twisted way. Never thought hunger could be fun but it has gotten much better over the last couple weeks.
    Saving my calories and points today for happy hour!
    Cheers everyone.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • AnnThereseRN
    AnnThereseRN Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yea.. I must admit, sometimes I work out extra so I can have a beverage or two more than planned that evening.

What are the best low-cal beverages?... and don't tell me "vodka + diet soda" because that tastes awful.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Here's to a new month!

The Hubby is playing tonight and the bar has $2.25 tall boy PBRs. Probably the WORST stuff you can drink (not counting Natty Ice) but that's what I'll probably end up enjoying. I don't think my old goal of a 12 pack (144 oz) for the weekend is going to fly. Though I do have to hoop for a bunch of kids on Saturday so maybe I'll be able to stick to 4-5 (64-80 oz) and a ton of water. Cross your fingers for me!

AnnTherese, LOL as you can see I like my beer so I'm the worst to ask. However Mich Ultra and Miller Light are good staples unless you drink them like water. *cough* Not that I do that. *cough*
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    a drink is a drink realy,
    one beer if you go lightish is around a 100 calories, you can go lighter (but I don't like them) and you can certainly go heavier
    5 oz of wine is around 100 calories champagnes and whites are a little less than reds but reds have more good stuff for you
    80 proof alcohol is around 60- 80 calories and oz and a shot is around 100.

If you like the taste of an alcohol like vodka, rum or whiskey you can mix it with club soda and a lime. Many people use sugar free drink mixes of lemonade or other things to mix with vodka and rum. you can get creative.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Yea.. I must admit, sometimes I work out extra so I can have a beverage or two more than planned that evening.

Me too!!! Started working out on the weekends just so I could have my weekend benders :laugh:
  • geonote
    geonote Posts: 12
    Options
    I love a nice Cabernet in the evening, sometimes two, and I keep a nice Margarita bar handy. However, I began my diet here about two weeks into Lent and guess what? I gave up alcohol for Lent! Ouch! :explode: Does this mean after Lent I will see an extreme rebound?
    I'm curious about this - it's a serious question as I have never successfully stayed off booze for Lent before. Best I ever did was a couple of weeks. And, I do not want to just jump in and :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: 7 days a week to make up for it!
    Anyone have any input on this, my fellow Like Minded Lushes?
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

Me too!!! Started working out on the weekends just so I could have my weekend benders :laugh:

Guilty as well! :laugh:

Happy April Fools Day Lushes! :drinker:

I did it!! Mon-Friday 0 drinks!! We went grocery shopping yesterday and the boyfriend stopped in the wine/beer section and started looking around...I told him to keep it moving because if he drank last night, I would have given in!

So we are having some friends over tonight for homemade pizza and I am picking up a bottle of wine on the way home to reward myself! :drinker:

Welcome newbies!!

Robin, you've got this!! Bikini ready by vacation!!! :drinker:

Bunny, my nickname is Natty Ice...which is odd seeing as how I have not had one of those since my early 20's. :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hey Lushes,

I managed to stay alcohol-free again last night...Obviously, it's Friday...So, it's a coin toss

Monday, 7 drinks
    Tuesday thru Thursday, 0 drinks
    Friday
    Saturday
    Sunday
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I had 4 beers on Tuesday - after a long day of work out of town with some friends. This was only the 2nd Tuesday (or during the week) drink I have had since the begining of the year!!! I stayed under my calories - so I knew I had room.......and there was a reason, being out of town - dinner with friends - so I indulged. :drinker:

Tonight, going to have a nice dinner with my husband - stay close to home this weekend - more traveling next Thursday. So far the last week I have driven 1400 miles! Still worked out and ate healthy! Cheers to me! I deserve a night off - and I'm gona take it!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Cat, I bet traveling is hard to stay w/in calorie goals...I'm glad your home this weekend and cheers to you to working out while traveling!!

I had 1/2 a s.f. redbull and raspberry vodka last night. I make a huge one for Hubs and I had a bit of it. We got home around 5:45 and worked in the backyard for an hour or so...then he kept working and I put the kid to bed and made dinner. Tonight will most likely be lushy...we haven't seen our neighbors in a while, so I have a feeling our "posse" is raring for a get together.

Sunday=1
    Monday=1
    Tuesday=0
    Wednesday=0
    Thursday=.5
  • sisterlilbunny
    Options
    LOL Natasha26, I think that's the last time I had it too. :D My last name used to be Miller so insert a TON of Miller beer jokes in there.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - HUGE ZERO!

Last night was the easiest Thursday I've had. Not to mention it's quite nice waking up on a Friday with a clear head for once =] . Tonight is date night though and I am definitely having some wine =]

Happy Friday and the start of a new month everyone! Hope you lushes have a wonderful April fools day :tongue:
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    this is exactly the thread i'm needing ... thanks all!

i started MFP recently and saw some wonderful little results right away, but now sitting at the same number for a while, even though still eating well and working out more than ever. had to do some serious reflection (not that i was unaware, just didn't want to admit it!) ... so, turns out i've been saving my calories for nightly wine (we're not talking just a glass or two, either) and possibly not eating enough actual food (?!?) ... so gonna try to set a couple goals for myself ...

aim for only 14 drinks / week (this would be quite a reduction)
    do not go under 1000 cal of *real* food each day, which leaves a reasonable amt left for a couple wines and a bit of chocolate ;)

last night was day 1 and ...

thursday : 2 (yay!!!)
    friday : ?
    saturday : ?
    sunday : ?
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Welcome newbies!!!!
  • tashjs21
    Options
    LOL Natasha26, I think that's the last time I had it too. :D My last name used to be Miller so insert a TON of Miller beer jokes in there.

Oh no!!! That is just cruel! :wink:
  • tashjs21
    Options
    AMY!!! I am completely offended by your av! :noway:

:wink:

Nice @$$!
  • sisterlilbunny
    Options

Oh no!!! That is just cruel! :wink:

:wink: :laugh:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Well, didn't do so well with not drinking this week....but not too bad either
    monday 0
    tuesday 6oz
    wednesday 4oz
    thursday 8oz
    friday no chance of not drinking but only a little....1/2 12oz beer (Yes half...I will make my husband split a high ABV with me cause they are so high in calories) and 5oz of wine.
    Not bad compared to my friday night last week.....thank god for my future sister in law having to go pick up her wedding dress tonight, otherwise it wouldn't be good!!
    8am gym time tomorrow so I can get my drink on saturday night!!!
    Sunday since I am probably going to drink my face off saturday will be ZERO :smile:
    Then next week I will try (AGAIN) to stay dry!!
    Have a great weekend everyone!!
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    AMY!!! I am completely offended by your av! :noway:

:wink:

Nice @$$!

I figured you would be. :wink: :laugh: I LOVE FRIDAYS!!!!! :drinker:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Managed to not drink Monday - Thursday so I'm celebrating with a glass of red wine, might have another later too.

Happy Friday, I've got 1 more week at work then I'm off for 10 days with my kids as it's school holiday time again. Yipee :drinker: