Like Minded Lushes April 2011

Options

Replies

• tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    WTG Kim!!! :drinker:

This weekend was baaaaaaaaad. Friday night...I had a couple glasses of wine and we made homemade pizza. :embarassed:

Saturday...I had a whole bottle of wine by myself. :embarassed: Boyfriend was drinking beer...so I wasn't paying attention that the bottle was being emptied by only me. :ohwell:

Sunday was rough but by dinner time I was feeling better so I had 1 & 1/2 galsses of wine.

I am going to try for another dry week. *fingerscrossed*

Good Luck with your goals this week fellow lushes! :flowerforyou:

Your know, that doesn't really sound like a lot to me. Maybe 9 or 10 ish....

It was an oversized bottle. :blushing:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Natasha, I've done that before. :embarassed:

Kim, awesome!

I had 2 "motivator" drinks yesterday and I *did* get a ton done, so it worked.

Sunday=2
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Still feeling like crap from saturday night....not sure how my body can still stay up sooooo late after drinking for 12hrs.....I need a nap! Definitely no drinks tonight!!!!!!!
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    i think i'll start my "week" today, last night was a fail ... funny how pouring 1 cup of wine into the red sauce i was making justified opening another one ;)

today is husband's birthday, so the whole week is sure to be splurgy (both food and drinks) but i figure i'll volunteer to be DD for most outings, at least it will help avoid all the mid-day drinks.

goal : < 14
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Lots of wine between Friday and last night.

Going for dry between today and Friday.

Monday - 0

Good luck everyone =]
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Had a couple of glasses of wine last night and considering I only had 5 hours in bed (and spent a fair amount of that awake) I felt pretty darn good this morning. I was going to be alcohol free Monday to Thursday again but somehow a cold beer seems to have snuck into my hand.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    March was not a great month for me!! I had gone over seventy days without alcohol and broke that with a couple beers on St Patrick’s day, had a few beers on the following weekend, then it seemed to just roll with a glass of wine here and there until the celebration for my birthday and then a couple whiskeys and some wine this past week and weekend. SO, I am starting over again with my effort to abstain. I know it makes a huge difference for me since I lost 11 pounds in a month while not drinking, and only four or five in March! Hope you are all doing well and good luck on your moderation, abstinence and weight loss and fitness goals!!
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Hubs has some stomach virus thing...at first I thought it was what I had, so I though he'd be over it by now, but he's not. He won't be drinking tonight, so most likely, neither will I...he's such a bad influence! :blushing:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    i think i'll start my "week" today, last night was a fail ... funny how pouring 1 cup of wine into the red sauce i was making justified opening another one ;)

today is husband's birthday, so the whole week is sure to be splurgy (both food and drinks) but i figure i'll volunteer to be DD for most outings, at least it will help avoid all the mid-day drinks.

goal : < 14

I always start my week on Monday. (Friday, Saturday and Sunday are pretty much a given that I'll have at least 1) :laugh:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I had three beers on Saturday, 3 glasses of wine last night. I am going to try and schedule a 2 week abstitence from alcohol, but I am having a hard time scheduling it!
  • yummy♥
    Options
    thanks Natasha, i like your style!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I miss you all :( I have a broken comp and trying to read threads on an iPhone sucks. I hope to be back in a couple of days. Hope you are all doing well.

Sun -0
    Mon -0
    Tues - 0
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Oh my, the lushes seem to have had quite a weekend! I hope you all don't mind that I read DH some of your comments - he especially liked Robin's. :laugh: Poor fellow, as much as we drink he's lucky to ever see my mouth on anything other than a drink glass. :drinker:

Like Krista, this is DH's birthday week PLUS I am doing taxes so there will be drinking through Saturday at least. But after that we have to really take stock. Running the Quicken numbers for the taxes I found we spent close to $10,000 on smoking and drinking last year. 10 friggng thousand dollars!!! We are looking at retirement in 10 years and that money could have been gaining interest! My weight may not make me quit drinking but looking at the $$$ might. Holy crap.

Ah well, we had a fun year. :happy:
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to be somewhat dry this week. My father-in-law is retiring and having a family dinner. Which means LOTS of wine. And its the good stuff that I'm too cheap to buy. Can you say wine cellar? I'm already planning a long run, as long as I can go to try and off-set what I know is going to be a long night. He likes to fill up my glass so polishing off two bottles of white merlot has been known to happen... coupled with champagne, I'm sure...
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Miss you too Faith! I'm on my phone too and it does suck.
  • yummy♥
    Options
    okay, total collateral damages : 1 beer and 2 slices pizza. not bad, the DD responsibilty does wonders! even get to enjoy another beer at home, plus i think i can squeeze in half a cupcake too!

tomorrow should be a healthier dinner, plus will have time for the gym. so far, not nearly as over the top as i feared ...

m : 2

total : 2 / 14
  • Amberama
    Amberama Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi! I am new around here and this is def one of my issues. That said, I don't want give up enjoying a social drink now and again!

Will monitor this thread for your tips and share my progress. I'm getting married next year and need all the motivation I can get!

Add me as a friend if you want.

Amber :)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hey Lushes,

It's Tuesday morning about 1 AM and I'm working a double...so, you know that I am lush free...can't have a tipsy nurse:noway:

Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, I really shouldn't...:ohwell:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Despite my boyfriends and my Huskies being in and winning the championship last night, neither of us drank =]

Wont be having any tonight either. I did however have too much sodium yesterday and am feeling it today. I'll be detoxing with loads of water and a good sweat.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Monday 0
    Tuesday 8oz of wine

Thought after my drunken weekend I'd be avoiding my wine this week.....but I'm weak :)