Like Minded Lushes April 2011

Options

Replies

• yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    No drinks for me tonight, I'll try to be good tomorrow too. I'm going out to dinner on Thursday night and have every intention of drinking as it is the first time in over a year that I have got a babysitter so that I can go out for the evening. It's quite strange actually as I feel more nervous than looking forward to it, I'm just hoping the friend I'm going with doesn't choose anywhere too fancy, I don't have any nice clothes that fit.
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I haven't been having problems during the week not drinking for awhile, today though....ugh - I just want to get smashed!

Long week so far, only Tuesday - had a broker w/me today and will be with me tomorrow - early Thursday morning (5 am or before) I'll be on the road for a 250 mi. drive - mtg from noon - 5 and then the whole next Friday I'll be in meetings from 8-5 and as soon as they are over, I'll be on the road again. I'm saying 250 miles to drive, if the pass is closed due to avalanche danger - it will be about 350 miles. Boooooooo!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Sending lushy love....

Monday, 0 drinks, 16 hours workday overnights
    Tuesday, 6 beers...tried a new beer tonight...yeasty and light, good for summer coming up...I forgot the name...anyway 6 beers'ish

I'm sure that I will have a bottle of skinny margaritas later during the week...

Total: 6
    Goal: >12
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0

Way too much sodium yesterday so today was all about water. Got my gallon + in, and was better on sodium today so hopefully my body is happy with me tomorrow.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    No drinks tonight but I just ate ramen. Ugh. I seem to PMS and get the subsequent cravings twice a month...I hate it!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks, 16 hours workday overnights
    Tuesday, 8 beers...tried a new beer tonight...yeasty and light, good for summer coming up...I forgot the name...anyway 8 beers'ish

I'm sure that I will have a bottle of skinny margaritas later during the week...

Total: 8
    Goal: >12
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    finished off the Pendelton(1 shot), finished off the vodka( 2shots), opened a bottle of red only had half, one shot of peppermint schnapps, one shot of goldschlager. I basically grazed my way thrut he liquor cabinet. I don't know I am just so over the weight loss thing right now. I keep plugging away at it but I am not to worried about it at the moment.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I behaved myself last night. I had planned on going straight to the gym, but my husband left his keys in someone's car so I had to pick him up from work opposite from the gym. But I still went and worked out - had a great run and swam a little. We've been in boxes for a week since we're moving, hopefully Friday, so I haven't been cooking as I usually do. Instead we've been eating out every night which means at least a couple glasses of wine to go along. I decided to get some stuff to make a big salad and topped it with some salmon in a pouch. Let me tell you how fun it is to try to figure out how to make a meal with no kitchen gadgets or dishes. There was an open bottle of grenache on the counter and I still didn't have a drink. Yay me! Ashley-1, wine-1.

Monday - 4 wines
    Tuesday - 0 wines

Goal - >15
    (I like this...I'm doing it too)
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Sunday-1
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0

Whoot!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Last night I had 4 beers at the pub quiz, only one more than I planned. tonight the Indian place I am going doesn't serve alcohol so that will help. Maybe I will work out, I don't know. I am still carrying 4 extra pounds since traveling last week. I thought it was water weight but it's not going anywhere. Even my bigger jeans are tight.
  • elizabeth9474
    Options
    Well I'm did my weekly check in today and despite the WAY too many beers at the Rays opening game Friday night (and the after game munching out!) AND the Seafood Fesitval Sat night, I still managed to drop .6lb this week. Not a big success but considering the splurges and lack of exercising its to be explained! This week my goal is to ONLY drink Saturday-- IF I make myself earn it buy doing Zumba at LEAST 2x this week. :)
  • elizabeth9474
    Options
    No drinks tonight but I just ate ramen. Ugh. I seem to PMS and get the subsequent cravings twice a month...I hate it!

Soccerdot-- WHY is it that something so full if nothing can be SO BAD? I <3 it and I TRY to not eat it BUT sometimes-- theres no hope! LOL
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Monday 0
    Tuesday 6oz of wine
    Wednesday 0
    Planning on nothing tomorrow too, but friday.....oh friday....going out for a friends bday but only plan on 3 beers. Can't stay out late, got a date with the gym at 8am saturday for a 1 1/2 workout, then niece's 2nd bday party, which definitely requires atleast 3beers (planning on being DD) and sunday another 1 1/2hr workout then CHEAT DAY....high ABV beers and pizza :)
    Is it sad its only wednesday and I am already looking forward to boozing this weekend???!!!! :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I don't know I am just so over the weight loss thing right now. I keep plugging away at it but I am not to worried about it at the moment.

Robin, been there many times....

Amy, I am way impressed...was it Saturday that cured you?:sick:

Other Amy, I hate when that happens with the jeans:grumble:

Elizabeth, sounds like a fun weekend and definitely would be happy about any loss after that...I like the earning drinks with zumba:drinker:

BetterBalance...sorry that you have to sacrifice by eating out so much:tongue: ..he, he...it does get old after a while...we moved a lot when my husband was in the military. What a pain!!!

I am alloting myself one bottle of skinny margs for the rest of the week. I work all weekend so I am not sure when I will squeeze it in. No worries tho, I think I'll manage.

Our new elliptical is being delivered today at noon...she sure is pretty...:love:
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Well, looks like I'm dry til the15th (aka payday). Even if I sell some hoops, it's going towards food/toiletries. I really hate taxes and this time of year, it's always so darned tight. We need to buy a house or borrow a few kids one of these years. Then I could buy xmas gifts early!

So yeah, someone drink some for me???? :drinker:
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    m : 2
    t : 3.5 (oops)

total : 5.5 / 14

* so a question for the lushes * : do you all log each drink ? my few friends on here aren't really drinkers, and i'd love to see how it affects different daily calorie totals. i do log all my drinks, sometimes it puts me over, sometimes it reminds me to pass on dessert and other times i worry that i'm not eating enough food calories cuz i overindulged in the wine. any input is welcome!
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    This topic rules!!!

My better half and I love to knock back some drinks and workout 4-5 times a week.

She loves the Finlandia grapefruit vodka and Fresca. Personally I love intense IPA's and bacardi/d coke!

I will be trying the vanilla vod and d coke the next time I go to the store. Is there a certain V vod to use? I know of absolute but that stuff is a lil pricy for this LUSH! HAHA

We are doing a detox week next week and she does not think I have what it takes. I will show her! haha
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    here's an article for the lushes:
    http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html
    I should highlight: studies have consistently shown that moderate drinkers live longer than non-drinkers. This can be mainly attributed to a lowered risk of cardiovascular disease. However, alcohol also contributes to a healthier and disease-free life by protecting against Alzheimer's disease, metabolic syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, the common cold, different types of cancers, depression and many other Western diseases. The list goes on and on.

and if you scroll through you will see his advice on how to drink and lose fat. It's complicated:wink:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Another drink free night!

Monday 0
    Tuesday 0
    Wednesday Going for 3 out of 3!!

Amy, I am going to read that article right now! Thanks! :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

* so a question for the lushes * : do you all log each drink ? my few friends on here aren't really drinkers, and i'd love to see how it affects different daily calorie totals. i do log all my drinks, sometimes it puts me over, sometimes it reminds me to pass on dessert and other times i worry that i'm not eating enough food calories cuz i overindulged in the wine. any input is welcome!
    I always log my drinks...if you look at my food diary I have a section called ALCOHOL :laugh: I try not to go too over and plan out my drinks before I have one!!