• atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    For wine i look it up here:
    http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

and here are a few listings:

http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/food-facts/wine/calories-in-wine.htm
    http://wine.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Wine_Calories

ETA - Sat (throughout the afternoon/evening) I managed a six pack - but it was watery beer :blushing:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I measure my glasses of wine at home so I know how many calories to log.

Franzia or a lot of other whites are 105 for a 5 oz glass, the reds I drink are 125 for 5 oz.

Beer is so much easier because it's either a tall or a bottle so you know how many oz they are and can log accurately.

As for drinks, 0 yesterday, 0 today, 0 until at least Friday and then, I want beer!! :drinker:

As for water 20 glasses yesterday, 10 so far today.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    The Beer Prayer

Our lager,
    Which art in barrels,
    Hallowed be thy drink.
    Thy will be drunk, (I will be drunk),
    At home as it is in the pub.
    Give us this day our foamy head,
    And forgive us our spillage's,
    As we forgive those who spill against us.
    And lead us not to incarceration,
    But deliver us from hangovers.
    For thine is the beer, The bitter, The lager.

BARMEN
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    The Beer Prayer

Our lager,
    Which art in barrels,
    Hallowed be thy drink.

BARMEN

I literally knelt down and went into auto prayer as I was reading that! haha awesome! :drinker:
  • chrisyoung0422
    Options
    HEY LUSHES,

Monday, 5 drinks (1bottle of red)
    Tuesday, 0
    Wedsnesday, 0
    Thursday, 0
    Friday, 5 drinks (bottle of skinny margs)
    Saturday, 0
    Sunday, 0

Why is it, that I felt I needed to finish the whole bottle?

I was kind of done at 3/4 of the way...but, I just couldn't cork it and put it away.

Anybody else like that????

It is a sin in our house to put away a bottle of any wine when it drops below 3/4 and oddly enough neither of us will touch it later.

The booze is a little different and tends to last longer. Not by much though....
  • casey1974
    casey1974 Posts: 18
    Options
    too, funny. Unless we cook with the wine it is gone too. Don't really have much need for the cork! I love rum and it is way less calories but, alas, it is bad for my marriage...lol so, beer and wine it is.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Robin, why did you have an interview with a recruiter? Is the current job not going well or are you just keeping your feelers out there?

Um, I forgot everything else. :laugh:
    I love my current job but it is a contract position and I need benefits, (vacation, sick leave, retirement etc) and a little more security as to my career. I love Boeing but getting on Direct is hard so I have to look at other options.
  • rjadams
    Options
    The Beer Prayer

Our lager,
    Which art in barrels,
    Hallowed be thy drink.

BARMEN

I :heart: Kim!!!!!
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    The Beer Prayer

Our lager,
    Which art in barrels,
    Hallowed be thy drink.

BARMEN

I :heart: Kim!!!!!

*Adds the sign of the Bunny* Barmen!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I love my current job but it is a contract position and I need benefits, (vacation, sick leave, retirement etc) and a little more security as to my career. I love Boeing but getting on Direct is hard so I have to look at other options.
    My husband works for another company, along side boeing on their 787 project and travels up there often. he isn't always pleased with the progress of the project but enjoys visiting WA. He went to school up there.

I'm in a bit of a exercise rut. someone kick my *kitten* please. :grumble:
    I'm doing ok with the calorie intake..but i've been so horribly lazy since spring break.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    SoCal, I'm currently hooked on On Demand/Exercise TV. Chris Freytag seems nice and sweet but wow I'm sweating my hiney off by the 20 minute mark. Nice quick and feels like ya accomplished something. Watch the lower body one if you have bad knees though. Mine is now upset with me.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    SoCal, I'm currently hooked on On Demand/Exercise TV. Chris Freytag seems nice and sweet but wow I'm sweating my hiney off by the 20 minute mark. Nice quick and feels like ya accomplished something. Watch the lower body one if you have bad knees though. Mine is now upset with me.

I like the Less is More with Cindy Whitmarsh...OMG, at the end of it...she's a sweaty beast and I can't even breathe:sick:Oh, the belly dancing one is really fun, quick and works those hips and abs:wink:
  • chrisyoung0422
    Options
    Monday 0
    Tuesday 0

So far so good on this ultra sweet detox week!

I can say honestly I do workout more on the weeks I do not indulge. I have racked 1000+ cal burn over the last days.

Do not kid yourself though... as soon as I can wrap my hands around something cold, tall and domestic I will be it doing 10-12 times in a row! :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday 0
    Tuesday 0

Do not kid yourself though... as soon as I can wrap my hands around something cold, tall and domestic I will be it doing 10-12 times in a row! :drinker:

Would this be a woman or a beverage?
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Monday 0
    Tuesday 0

:laugh:

Sunday=2
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=0

*kicks SoCal's a$s* Get to working!

I'm in a rut(ish) too. Track season started on Monday--I'm the high jump coach for my middle school team--so by the time I get home it's 5 and last night, I had the boy's soccer practice. Meh, I'm moving around a bit while I'm practicing (and wearing my HRM) so I'm counting it.
  • chrisyoung0422
    Options
    Monday 0
    Tuesday 0

HAHA!!!

Seeing that I would need to dig up a "fresh one" to meet that criteria I will say it is a BEER!

That and my better half is shorter than me ( I am 5' 10').

Thanks for the laugh! :laugh:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Woke up feeling like crap. sore throat, stuffy sinus, pounding head and so tired I couldn't keep going. (I got up and showered to go to work but that was as far as I got.)

I finally had a good workout last night and then blew it by having wine with the halibut. it was good but I didn't really want it all but DH gave me his half and I drank it. why didn't I stop? I think open wine bottles have a magic spell on them that says to never never recork.
    here's to a new day.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Woke up feeling like crap. sore throat, stuffy sinus, pounding head and so tired I couldn't keep going. (I got up and showered to go to work but that was as far as I got.)

I finally had a good workout last night and then blew it by having wine with the halibut. it was good but I didn't really want it all but DH gave me his half and I drank it. why didn't I stop? I think open wine bottles have a magic spell on them that says to never never recork.
    here's to a new day.

So, for all of us suffering from the open bottle syndrome...should we buy smaller bottles???

Robin, hope you feel better. Your in good company, I don't stop either. Halibut sounds delish
    Chrisyoung, thanks for clarifying...I would bet, you like your woman hot instead of cold anyway
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am way more sore today than yesterday, dumb Crossfit! Last night I am not sure how much I drank, I had a big bottle of cheap red and made lasagna and a couple friends came over. The bottle is pretty much done...
    Margs tonight.
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    So, for all of us suffering from the open bottle syndrome...should we buy smaller bottles???

Robin, hope you feel better. Your in good company, I don't stop either. Halibut sounds delish
    Chrisyoung, thanks for clarifying...I would bet, you like your woman hot instead of cold anyway
    I too suffer from this. During the week I try to buy the small single serve bottles 4-pack and make them last all week. Then the weekend comes and I always buy the big bottle.
    SoCal, I also seem to be in a rut too. I have vowed to walk every day for at least 20 minutes. This sounds funny but my dog also needs to lose weight so he is my motivation right now, HAVE to take him for a walk. I wanted to start on a heavier workout but they are intimidating, I even bought a yoga dvd that I have yet to try. I know I can walk so at least I'm doing something.