Like Minded Lushes April 2011

Options

Replies

• chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Pulls up bar stool and sits down......

Monday 0

Hoping to keep the ball rolling and make it a drink free work week. I am not looking forward to Thursday night because that is Volleyball and we usually hang back at the sponsor's and get toasted.

Oh well we will see....:sad:
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    All this talk of beer makes me think I'll be getting some Blue Moon for this weekend. Can't wait for Sam Summer and Coastal Wheat =]

Mmm...that was my Saturday night! I'm still trying to figure out how the heck I got, well, tipsy Sat/Sun with three bucks to my name. I either have great friends/family or I'm the worlds greatest mooch.

Seeing the calorie count for my favorite shot really opened my eyes so yeah, I'm learning. ;D
  • erin_kercheval
    erin_kercheval Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would first like to say that I love this thread. Secondly, I made a wonderfully boozy discovery while at my local ABC store (for those of you that live in normal places where you can go to the grocery for liquor, this is where many of us in the south have to go buy the hard stuff...and no, it's not open on Sunday). Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka comes in a "Skinny Tea" version that is sweetened with Truvia. Delicious with Crystal Light Pink Lemonade for a summery, refreshing, guilt free, drinky-poo. Bottoms up!

I love, love, LOVE Sweet Tea Vodka! It has been one of my fave summer drinks since discovery 2 years ago. I am excited to look for this version of it to try out, so thanks for posting it! :)
  • erin_kercheval
    Options

Seeing the calorie count for my favorite shot really opened my eyes so yeah, I'm learning. ;D

My friends love Jagger Bombs!! I rarely go to bars late anymore, so shot type nights are pretty limited, but when we celebrate, this usually what people order. I don't remember the calorie count, but I know Jagger is terrible. I don't even wanna know at this point!! hahaha
  • erin_kercheval
    Options
    yesterday I bought a growler of my favorite microbrew. I can't wait to make love to it this week. I'm going to try to limit myself to one glass/night. I'll even account for it in my calories.

mmm...microbrew

also one of my former vices.... sniff sniff

What I would not give for a growler of Rowlands IPA or pumpkin.....:sad:

I am missing Microbrews as well. I started getting hooked on them about a couple of years ago, then when I met my boyfriend, that is all he drank. So it became our "thing" to try new microbrews, or grab a growler to take home & enjoy - then I saw my tummy growing and growing... I finally had to limit myself to one if we go out (well, *try* to, haha) and often just order Miller Lite to save calories. I know the microbrews are stronger and you are getting a tastier beer & more bang for your buck.... however it seems when I am "social drinking" I am going to drink the same # of drinks, regardless of the alcohol content, so I need to stick to lowers calorie stuff. :(
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Robin, why did you have an interview with a recruiter? Is the current job not going well or are you just keeping your feelers out there?

Um, I forgot everything else. :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    HEY LUSHES,

Monday, 5 drinks (1bottle of red)
    Tuesday, 0
    Wedsnesday, 0
    Thursday, 0
    Friday, 5 drinks (bottle of skinny margs)
    Saturday, 0
    Sunday, 0

Why is it, that I felt I needed to finish the whole bottle?

I was kind of done at 3/4 of the way...but, I just couldn't cork it and put it away.

Anybody else like that????
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I do that, Kim. It's like, "Why waste the space?"
  • elizabeth9474
    Options
    Im convinced that it will go bad if it stays open for more than a day... :tongue: Not sure how true that is... I never wait to find out :laugh:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    It is very regular for me to drink a whole bottle of wine. But I count it as 4 drinks. :wink: 750mL = 26 ounces so is 6.5 oz a glass. Most of the amounts I see on here are for 5-6 oz. I have had nights though when I try to find lower calorie glasses. One night I was logging 85 calorie glasses of wine. Seriously....not the way I pour a glass but after several glasses my brain was thinking I would "stay within my limit" if I chose the lower calorie glasses. I typically use 130 calories per (big) glass for wine. What do you all use?
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Monday-2 bud lights
    Cross-fit was a killer workout, I am sore today and I am sure I will be more sore tomorrow. I would describe what I did as like, High Intensity Intervals, 20 minutes of a circuit that included rowing (300yards), then kettleball swings(15), then squats (25). I got through the circuit 4 times.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    HEY LUSHES,

I was kind of done at 3/4 of the way...but, I just couldn't cork it and put it away.

yes, exactly like that! and my husband is a beer drinker so he's no help at all ...
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I definitely used to drink a whole bottle of wine myself....I have since started to behave myself! Sometimes food is more important to me (W-T anyway, I hardly eat anything on the weekends so I can enjoy some wine/beer/vodka) :laugh:

I didn't drink last night, but will definitely be having some wine tonight AND I'm still under calories.....maybe more wine!!!! :drinker:
  • AnnThereseRN
    AnnThereseRN Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/419236-seven-drinks-that-wont-derail-your-diet/?utm_source=aprilnewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=110412

Decent article on some lower cal drink options. They even comment on how light beer may not be the best option because you would tend to drink more due to the low alcohol content.

Had a Razz with Soda water and it wasn't too bad. I can't do the aspartame in the diet sodas so it was a decent option. Martini's aren't a bad option either if you take them into account with your daily calorie count.
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Lushes,

Last night turned in to more drinks that I planned on. Funny how they just go down so quick & easy sometimes. I'll keep it down to just a night-cap tonight. I think.....
  • kblue2007
    Options
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/419236-seven-drinks-that-wont-derail-your-diet/?utm_source=aprilnewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=110412

. Martini's aren't a bad option either if you take them into account with your daily calorie count.

Great thanks :smile:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I definitely used to drink a whole bottle of wine myself....I have since started to behave myself! Sometimes food is more important to me (W-T anyway, I hardly eat anything on the weekends so I can enjoy some wine/beer/vodka) :laugh:

I didn't drink last night, but will definitely be having some wine tonight AND I'm still under calories.....maybe more wine!!!! :drinker:

Totally meant Mon-Thurs....just in case anyone cared :laugh:
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    It is very regular for me to drink a whole bottle of wine. But I count it as 4 drinks. :wink: 750mL = 26 ounces so is 6.5 oz a glass. Most of the amounts I see on here are for 5-6 oz. I have had nights though when I try to find lower calorie glasses. One night I was logging 85 calorie glasses of wine. Seriously....not the way I pour a glass but after several glasses my brain was thinking I would "stay within my limit" if I chose the lower calorie glasses. I typically use 130 calories per (big) glass for wine. What do you all use?

I have BIG red wine glasses and I drink BIG glasses of red wine. I use the one that is called "Beverage-Red Wine (House Glass 300ml)" in the MFP database. 300 ml = 10 ounces, which that has at 222 calories.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    HEY LUSHES,

Monday, 5 drinks (1bottle of red)
    Tuesday, 0
    Wedsnesday, 0
    Thursday, 0
    Friday, 5 drinks (bottle of skinny margs)
    Saturday, 0
    Sunday, 0

Yes!! I have some really cute wine stoppers...they are purely decorational as they are never used. :blushing:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better Amy. And awesome on the workout (other) Amy.

Looks like everyone is making some progress this week! :drinker:

Monday 0
    Tuesday hopefully continueing the trend!