Like Minded Lushes April 2011

Options

Replies

• lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I am beer girl. And, I have managed to keep it to weekends. I will even run more to earnmore calories to have more beers. I can't help it! But, April is going to be a hard month for me. I am from San Antonio - and Fiesta starts next weekend. If you are not familiar with Fiesta here in San Antonio - it's an annual spring event - 2 full weeks packed full of events all around the city - it's the "party with a purpose" and that's to eat & drink! That means lots of food booths & beer booths. Yikes!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    When I lived in Houston, we used to travel to San Antonio for the women's soccer tourney held at the polo grounds...very fun!!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    mon - 0
    tues - 0
    wed - 2 bottles of wine
    thurs - 0
    fri - 0
    saturday - I am aiming for ZERO!!
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Damn, Faith, you're killing it this week!!

So, Hubs wants to go to a bar to watch some baseball...he would marry it if her could (lol) but no sitter, so I'm almost relieved. He'll either go without me or he won't go at all--either way, it means that I won't be noshing on the yummy bar food while I pound Blue Moons and vodka all night.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    It's this damn biggest loser comp. I don't want to be eliminated the first week, as much as I want to drink tonight. :sad: I will not give in, I will not give in.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    It's this damn biggest loser comp. I don't want to be eliminated the first week, as much as I want to drink tonight. :sad: I will not give in, I will not give in.

That is some strength and commitment right there. Good for you =] I'm sure I'll drink enough for both of us :tongue:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    It's official, I will have cocktails this evening...yep, definitely...:bigsmile:

HAPPY FRIDAY TO ALL...:drinker:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Ooops think I'm in danger of joining the drunken rambling posters. Third glass of wine and being a lightweight drinker now I'm marginally pissed and seem to be posting rather randomly on the message boards. Right off to FB to spread the love :smile:
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Most excellent Yvonne and Kim!!! Hubby went to the bar, so I just split a can of chicken noodle soup with the 2 year old (the boy is at his dads) and I just made myself a drink!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I think it is going to be a two bottle Chardonnay night. I even gave in to my craving and picked up fried chicken for dinner. I don't know why I feel so pissed at everything. Maybe because DH has been home sick for the past two days. So you may see drunken ramblings from me later. it sounds like most of will be enjoying ourselves this weekend. (bikinis be damned!)
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Robin, bikinis are overrated, and I hear frocks are in...long live the frock:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Dinner was good...went to Champps and had 2 large beers

Now, I am faced with a dilemna:cry: ...continue with beer - or - skinny margaritas...oooo, there's another option, I could stop drinking...Nawww...Anyway hubs does not vote for the skinny margarita decision as he like a functional wife who does not mix liquor

Please vote, I will check back after I've gone to the bathroom...further thinking will continue there, decisions, decisions
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Due to a lack of participants, I vote for the skinny's...lots less calories:heart::drinker:
    Faith, hope that your night went better:flowerforyou: ...we got the damn weigh-in on Monday:cry:...must detox by then:grumble:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is enjoying their friday night. :drinker:
    No alcohol for me. I indulged last night and am not feeling too great today.
    I did just have some delicious shrimp tacos, however. First time I've been over my calories in some time.
    The bathing suit isn't gunna be pretty at spring break next week...but oh well.
    By the time I go on my Laguna Beach trip in June I should have made more progress.

Everyone have a great weekend!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Split a bottle of white with the boyfriend at dinner, more like I had most of the bottle and he had a glass ( he did have 5 beers at work since the have a tap in the office). Since I was a baby, I've always eaten and drank quickly. Does not help with alcohol haha. Also had a glass of champagne with dessert. Currently having a glass of red. Tomorrow could be interesting, especially with dinner with my girls tomorrow night. My bestfriend knows how to drink just like I do.

Watching Rob Zombie's Halloween right now. Grew up watching the Originals as well as Nightmare on Elm Street but I don't mind Rob's movies.

Hope my fellow lushes are having a wonderful night :drinker:
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Split a bottle of white with the boyfriend at dinner, more like I had most of the bottle and he had a glass ( he did have 5 beers at work since the have a tap in the office). Since I was a baby, I've always eaten and drank quickly. Does not help with alcohol haha. Also had a glass of champagne with dessert. Currently having a glass of red. Tomorrow could be interesting, especially with dinner with my girls tomorrow night. My bestfriend knows how to drink just like I do.

Watching Rob Zombie's Halloween right now. Grew up watching the Originals as well as Nightmare on Elm Street but I don't mind Rob's movies.

your night sounds excellect! (especially champagne with dessert)

worked extra hard at the gym, so about to sit on the couch and climb into a glass (or three) of red as well ... yay friday!
  • Kat120285
    Options

your night sounds excellect! (especially champagne with dessert)

worked extra hard at the gym, so about to sit on the couch and climb into a glass (or three) of red as well ... yay friday!

It was so nice after a dry week =] The champagne with the chocolate sampler was by far the best part of the meal.
    Enjoy your red! I love having date night in sometimes, where we cook dinner and drink wine the whole time and then can just crash on the couch and either watch Madmen or Top Gear or whatever and continue drinking :smile:

Our friends don't understand why we love having people over or staying in, instead of going to the bars. My boyfriend is 26, I'm 25 and we'd much rather have people over our house than go to the bar. Yet for some reason our almost 30 year old friends, who live with their parents, would rather go to the bar.

Staying in, is the new going out :heart:
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Can I join inl!!! I love WINE reds, whites, Champagne. Last August I committed to not drinking wine for an entire month which I succeeded and lost 7lbs great! I kept going lost another 7lbs for 3 months straight. Holidays come and I fall off the wagon.

Now since January i have been indulging on the weekends a bottle of wine Saturdays and Sundays. I am still losing weight but like 2lbs in a month. Now it is April and I have a trip in June and I would love to get 10 more lbs off.

I read you guys often last year and post once or twice then I couldn't find you guys anymore.

So here I am. I made a committment to not have a drink the entire month of April which I just blew tonight having dinner with my hubby and my son (who came home from college). I am proud I just had one glass of wine though!! LOL
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Loving this thread! I work out extra every Tuesday so I can continue my dive bar nights. It's an awesome crappy bar with $3 drafts until 9pm. Then they're $1.50...

Worked out and was good on calories during the day so I could have 2 normal sized glasses of wine. Good thing about cutting back though. Back to college tolerances (I was a goody-two-shoes for a while. I got over that.). I'm a little buzzed. Off of 2 glasses. :)
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Loving this thread! I work out extra every Tuesday so I can continue my dive bar nights. It's an awesome crappy bar with $3 drafts until 9pm. Then they're $1.50...

Worked out and was good on calories during the day so I could have 2 normal sized glasses of wine. Good thing about cutting back though. Back to college tolerances (I was a goody-two-shoes for a while. I got over that.). I'm a little buzzed. Off of 2 glasses. :)

That's the great thing about wine. Some wine is 110 calories a glass but 12-14 abv. So it gets ya buzzed much quicker than beer, and can therefore be less expensive =] Most champagne is 100 cals for 5 oz and lucky for me, I absolutely love champagne. No matter what day of the week or what time of year. It can make a normal day or night feel so special :smile:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I got back from Lawrence Kansas! Tuesday I didn't drink, traveled, got in late, Wednesday I had a pineapple beer at a bar with dinner, really yummy and just pineapple juice in dos xx lager if you want to try it! I bought a bottle of wine and had a couple glasses in my room. Thursday I had two beers at Free State brewing and I was totally going to go back to my room but got talked into staying out, went to ellington's (?) where I had a blue moon and a french kiss martini, then too Sandbar where I had a marg and two miller lites-no wonder I felt awful today. I packed up the half-bottle and am drinking that tonight.
    Glad to be home:drinker: