can I start a PCOS Vent your frustrations Thread? lol

Options

Replies

• rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    wow im so happy for you. how did you lose all that weight?
  • Got2believe
    Got2believe Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    wow... just found this and well, I have to contribute..

PCOS... dear sweet OMG I WANT TO GET RID OF YOU.... PCOS

The excess hair, I can deal with that.. Thats what razors are for... and when I start to wear things that show skin, well, other than my face (my bf has a goatee, and if I let myself go... I can grow a baby one to match), I'll find hair removal products. But, the ring under my neck... wtf is with that, everything is dropping inches except my face. Really, you call that fair?
    oh! and my period.. or lack of. I don't remember the last time I had a period, and when I went to the doctor last, they kept telling me I was preg... oh wait, no I wasn't. So this time around, no doctor, but moods like no other and never knowing when or if it may come.
    The pain is driving me mad, knowing where my ovaries are... yea, i don't like knowing.
    but lastly, between you, dear PCOS, my pain medications (on neurontin for chronic pain and some mood stabilization... if a person is in chronic pain, yea they get moody), my celiac that limits some healthy foods, especially fibers I can fill up on... I am afraid I'll never lose weight. 3lbs in 2 weeks... its not the end of the world, its not even that bad, but I know people who can lose much more much quicker.
    I want to be healthy but I'm having no luck... and as for BC? last one i was on? started me up with these awful little seizures that are not going away (have lessened on the neurontin though!)

ok, I just needed to vent :)

back to my exercises and calorie counting that hopefully pay off.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Well I found out that for now I absolutely have to be on metformin to help with my weightloss.I was off of it for about a month and a half and gained 5 pounds while I was still eating low glycemic and working out.(although not as much because of busy summer work schedule) Now that I've been back on it again for two weeks I have dropped 9 pounds and feel much better andmore energy:) it has nasty side effects for me the first week on it, but for my body it is worth it!
  • nothereanymore
    Options
    Elaine....... my thoughts EXACTLY....... and the waste of money on the tons of pregnancy tests, because you just never really know if you are or not because of the missing periods. I'd be satisfied with just half of that money back......

You know, i actually started buying pregnancy tests at the dollar store because i got fed up with wondering? I was so frustrated that i made my pregnant friends test them to make sure they work (they did!). I buy like 10 of them at a time.

Stupid PCOS.

I actually just gave up on pregnancy test all together and figured that I would wait for the other tell tale signs of pregnancy like sore breast, abs, and nausea before even thinking about taking a test, it has saved me a lot of money over the past 5 years! Ovulation Kits don't even help because of the stupid way PCOS screws around with our stupid hormones.

PCOS GO AWAY YOUR NOT WELCOME!!!!
  • msmgis
    msmgis Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks for this thread!

Dear PCOS,

Thank you for the 130 pounds I packed on over the course of a year, regardless of diet and exercise. Thank you for the lovely medications with the super fun side effects that took FOREVER to get used to. Thanks for the fact I still have to work 3x as hard as someone else to lose weight. Thanks for the increased risk of heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
    Thanks for nothing,

Michelle
  • ivygirl11
    ivygirl11 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Dear PCOS,
    Thank you for keeping me from having a baby, thank you for keeping me from loosing weight, thank you for the nasty whiskers, thank you for the lack of periods most girls would be grateful for that, but i am not. Every month my period doesnt show up it reminds me of just how effed up my body is... thank you for the 60-70 pounds you caused me to gain and Most of all thank you for RUINING my life!!! You suck...
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    Dear M$%^#! F%^#$@ PCOS,

I wish I could make you lose boyfriends b/c you shave more than they do. Or have girls make fun of your legs at 11. How about putting on 100 lb in a year no matter what? 70 of it gone and you're still clinging on aren't you. Get lost. Take your arm acne and every where else acne, beards, lip hair, dark leg hair, super sensitive skin, cysts causing, baby stopping, medicine resisting, side burn growing, carb storing, blood sugar ways and kick rocks. get lost. I'm done and I'm dumping you for good.

<33
    Birth control and Metformin,

Christina XxX
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    Dear M$%^#! F%^#$@ PCOS,

I wish I could make you lose boyfriends b/c you shave more than they do. Or have girls make fun of your legs at 11. How about putting on 100 lb in a year no matter what? 70 of it gone and you're still clinging on aren't you. Get lost. Take your arm acne and every where else acne, beards, lip hair, dark leg hair, super sensitive skin, cysts causing, baby stopping, medicine resisting, side burn growing, carb storing, blood sugar ways and kick rocks. get lost. I'm done and I'm dumping you for good.

<33
    Birth control and Metformin,

Christina XxX

Kick PCOS's *kitten* christina!!!! You can do it! You've done great so far!
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    I need people to give me some low carb chicken recipe ideas.....(good for the low glycemic type diet) IM SOOOO CHICKENED OUT....but it's about the only lean meat I can stomach....I hate fish....lol SOOO>... Any ideas girls??? CHICKEN CHICKEN CHICKEN~
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    I need people to give me some low carb chicken recipe ideas.....(good for the low glycemic type diet) IM SOOOO CHICKENED OUT....but it's about the only lean meat I can stomach....I hate fish....lol SOOO>... Any ideas girls??? CHICKEN CHICKEN CHICKEN~

I love love all the recipes @ lowcarbdiets.com They have menu plans and everything!
  • sunnygirl73
    Options
    Hi JoeyLu. I found you on this PCOS venting thread and would like to make you a friend if that is ok. I have a raging case of pcos and have yet to meet in person someone who has the symptoms as severly as I do. I can use all the support I can get. Let me know.
  • missmayhem11
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I just stumbled upon this thread looking for others who were frustrated. I lost 50 pounds on Weight Watchers and now haven't lost a pound in 8 months. I've just been maintaining despite the fact that I'm still eating approximately 1200 calories a day and excercising 3 times a week (crossfit). I switched over to My Fitness Pal almost two months ago because I was so frustrated to still be paying for WW without anyone being able to help me. I have 30 pounds to lose still and I'm going to jump out a window. The first 2 weeks I lost 4 pounds. The third week I gained them back (didn't change a thing). The fourth and fifth week I stayed the same. Last week, I lost 5 pounds. This week, I gained 4 back. I'm working my @ss off to lose and gain the same friggin weight.

So after that boring rant - thank you PCOS for making me a crazy person who is going to lose my mind trying to reach a healthy weight for once in my life. xo

Jill (Metformin Extended Release)
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    Hi JoeyLu. I found you on this PCOS venting thread and would like to make you a friend if that is ok. I have a raging case of pcos and have yet to meet in person someone who has the symptoms as severly as I do. I can use all the support I can get. Let me know.
    I added you:) How severe are your symptoms? can you describe them at all? Im sure there has got to be someone on this thread who will identify with you~! we are all cysters in this together!
  • Melroxsox
    Options

I love love all the recipes @ lowcarbdiets.com They have menu plans and everything!
    this is the best site! It's exactly what I was looking for and in desperate need of to get out of my food rut!!!!!!!!!!!! I suggest everyone check it out if they're low carbing!
  • syiyi
    syiyi Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    dear PCOS!!! you make me feel miserable...know that I hate you!!!!
  • Andee08
    Andee08 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am just loving the fact that this thread doesn't die! It is always nice to know that I am not the only one going through this, even though I wish none of us were dealing with it! Good luck ladies!
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    I am just loving the fact that this thread doesn't die! It is always nice to know that I am not the only one going through this, even though I wish none of us were dealing with it! Good luck ladies!
    we've gotta keep this thread alive because it's very important to obviously lots of women! I am so enthusiastic about making women ( young women especially) aware of PCOS and it's hidden sometimes unnoticed symptoms. Thanks for reading all!
  • ChikyLee
    ChikyLee Posts: 28
    Options
    Hello everyone! I just joined myfitnesspal today, and I'm very excited to get started :)

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 13-14 (don't remember exactly.) I'm 19, almost 20, now, and I've never been able to really fix it :/

I haven't had my period in over 2 years. I recently started taking Metformin (for the 3rd time in my life.) I forgot how sick it makes me though. I'm supposed to be taking 1500 mg a day, but right now I'm only doing 1000.

Does anyone have any tips for foods I should avoid? The only thing I was ever told to cut back on was red meat.

I really want to beat PCOS. My friend and I are trying to start a support group at our college, and I really hope it takes off so we can help other girls who are struggling with this disease :)
  • yellowpear
    yellowpear Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    :laugh: ha.. ha..

Dear PCOS.. Thank you so much for making my weight loss journey tougher than usual. I really feel bad that I eat so little & exercise, yet I am obese.. But a normal lady with my same habits are very slim!! :sad: The hormonal imbalances gives me mood swings & feel hopeless!! Thank you so much for making my life tough that I am scared just breathing in air will make me gain more weight! :frown:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

Garlic Chicken Parmesean

4oz boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins
    1tbsp EVOO
    Ms Dash Garlic & Herb (idk how much, just a TON)
    Salt/Pepper
    Fresh Garlic
    1tbsp light ceasar dressing
    1/4 cup shredded parmesean

Dice tenderloins and sautee in a pan with EVOO and spices. When cooked through, turn heat on low and add dressing. Cover and let simmer for ~5m. Then sprinkle parmesean on top, recover just until cheese melts. Serve by itself OR also works great on a ceasar salad or in a low carb wrap for lunch.My recipe is about 2 carbs for this entire serving - all from the dressing.