THE 10LB CHALLENGE - APRIL 2011

Options

Replies

• momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    GOOD Morning everyone!!! Eating grapes as we speak- gotta get those fruits and veggies in!
  • bisso75
    bisso75 Posts: 1
    Options
    hello. I start today. Got one month to loose 10lb... Seems faisable
  • mntwindan
    mntwindan Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Fruits and Veggies all the way. Make good choices. We can do this.
  • ChristineMiller2
    Options
    I'm anxious to weigh in Friday!! I'm looking forward to it :)
  • mntwindan
    mntwindan Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I blew it last night.....dang tasty Ritter Sport Chocolate......well, I had a good work-out before...a very good work-out,so, I'll call it even...I did eat my orange and apple for the day.
  • annpat28
    annpat28 Posts: 42
    Options
    I did horrible yesterday! I went 716 over calorie goal and that is after eating my exercise calories. Today is a new day and so far i am doing well. I worked out for an hour and had a light lunch. I will probably show a gain on my weigh in tomorrow but ya know what? Its a new day and i am going to do awesome. I have decided i am not going to be fat!! It may take me a while but i WILL be a healthy weight. i am having trouble with the whole life style change thing. I have been on a diet most of my life but this time i will do it right. Thanks for the support everyone here has given me.
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have issues of eating too little?? I know, crazy but I have lost about 10 lbs in two months and have plateau'd so everyone told me that maybe I am not eating enough.....Well, I have not yet put this theory to test but I did find this article and I think it could help many of us with the whole calorie intake and how to lose thing.

http://weightloss.about.com/od/eatsmart/a/blcalintake.htm
  • zgolub
    zgolub Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I know im jumping in late, but wanna join please.

SW 150
    GW 125

I made a whole bunch of healthy option foods this past week and have been great at sticking to them. I even made a cauliflower pizza crust (no flour)!!
  • ngr1973
    ngr1973 Posts: 334
    Options
    I have trouble eating all my calories too - especially if I have an amazing exercise day... There are so many theories on the starvation mode thing and I'm just not ready to jump on one wagon or another -- I try to eat till I'm satisfied, and I also try to go to bed not feeling hungry but not totally full... I notice that when I eat and then go to bed (within a 2 hour time period) I rarely lose and I don't sleep as well. But that's me!

I'm doing great on the 4/5 servings of veggies but it has made me realize -I rarely eat fruits!!!! I love savory and salty things so its easier for me to do veggies.

Last night and today's lunch, I made spaghetti out of zucchini and it was delicious!!!! Didn't miss the big bowl of pasta one bit!!!
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Ok guys so first weigh in today :) I have to admit, i havn't been doing too well with the fruits and veggies this week since im up in college but now that im home im going to try harder! I was so nervous getting up on the scale this morning (as i do every weigh in!) and actually wasn't expecting much of a loss. But here goes :D

April SW - 170lbs

First weigh in - 167.2lbs

2.8lbs this week! Im FINALLY in the 160s and as well as that im in the 11 stone bracket! Its given me so much motivation and im now starting to actually believe i can reach my goal! :)

Hope everyone else is doing well :flowerforyou:
  • annied16
    annied16 Posts: 25
    Options
    SW april 1 - 190lbs
    CW april 8 - 187lbs

good week!!
  • carinalewis
    Options
    2lbs lost since last week. now 155lbs
  • hoosteen84
    hoosteen84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    SW: 230
    CW: 230

Not very good, but could have been worse cos I could have gained :)
  • WhataWonderfulWorld
    Options
    Im new and in also!

SW: 145 pounds
    GW:135 pounds

Don't know how to edit posts.

Weighed myself this morning, 142 pounds.

Going good so far, but am finding it very hard with the fruit and veg. I suffer from IBS so not too much fruit for me!
  • sueceeq
    sueceeq Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Here is my weigh in!
    SW 234
    GW 224
    CW 233

Down 1 pound! Not as much as I would like, but it is still a loss!
  • FILLE
    FILLE Posts: 45
    Options
    My week started off fantastic, my quota of veggies and fruits. I stopped eating at home due to a family emergency; therefore eating everyone elses meals was not the greatest.
    I gained 2 pounds :(
    SW 179 ~April 1rst
    April 8th ~ 181
    GW ~169
    I will really refocus my efforts this week! I will be traveling and will have to watch my choices at restaurants!
  • tinytearsie
    Options
    Hello All

I'm so in for this month. However i do love my fruit and veg. People that find it hard to eat fruit, the best nutrition are from all types of Berries.(Blueberries, Strawberries, Rasberries etc) if you make a smootie with your berries and natural yogurt and some natural sweetness of honey. It's great and refreshing and also low in calories.

Name: Colette

Goal weight on April 30th: 131

04/01: 141
    04/08: 141
    04/15:
    04/22:
    04/30:
  • dperez108
    dperez108 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    SW: 200
    CW:196.8

Good start to the month, but this weekend will be difficult for me to stay on course. It's the French Quarter Festival this weekend in NOLA and I'm going to be doing a lot of drinking and eating. I have to remember to keep it in moderation, which is going to be hard. The food is just soooooooooooo good down here i can't pass it up. I'll just have to work out in the mornings this weekend. Hope everyone is doing well keep it up and have a great weekend I know I will.
  • jcastro84
    Options
    Not as much as I would like but some weight loss is better than none!! Need to work on getting more fruits and vegetables in this week.

4/1-138.2
    4/8-136.8
  • katnotfat
    katnotfat Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!!!!!! ... Today is starting off a little rocky.... bc I didn't bring any breakfast with me and I have a buys day with client's... but...I weighed in yesterday at the gym- I'm at 171.5lbs
    Wooohoo.
    I had started MFP a while ago and started at 170... then gained 8lbs and now working it all off. I will be really happy when I get back to the 160's.
    I go to work out classes Tues, Wed, Thurs and have never realized, that like here, if you keep coming back you become like a community. I've been talking to the instructors more and seeing more smiling faces when I come back that next week. It's kind of fun :-)
    I'd love to make more friends on here if anyone is open to it. Good luck to everyone and happy friday!!!!