Pregnancy 2011 - April

Options

Replies

• mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options

I let the dr. check me again today, but may not next time. I haven't changed since last week, and I was pretty disappointed that I hadn't made any progress. I think that it just isn't worth it, because the baby is going to come when he is ready, and knowing how far dilated or effaced I am wont change when the baby is coming. Now I am frustrated that I haven't made any progress.

Your body is not expected to make any "progress" at this point in your pregnancy, especially a first pregnancy. Progress is each day that passes you get closer to baby deciding to come, increasing braxton hicks contractions is progress, more baby hiccups is progress, time is progress.

I'm glad that you say hiccups are progress because this LO seems to have them ALL THE TIME now!!!
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Ron- I have been in the horrible headache stage since week 10 so going on a month and a half now. I talked to my dr. about it and they said (2) tylenol was okay, instead of the typical (1), and the occasional soda like Annabelle said. They said if they were bad enough that you felt like you were popping tylenol all the time and not getting any relief that they were probably migraines. I too already suffered with them prior to and that's what they are starting to feel like to me. I'm going to see what happens in the next week and hope it gets better, if not I'll bring it up at my appointment next week. They said they may have to prescribe something. Also- The soda helps a lot, though I wish it didn't! and napping too.

I'm so excited for you ladies that are just waiting for little one's to finally arrive. Can't wait to hear/see all about it :flowerforyou:
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options

I let the dr. check me again today, but may not next time. I haven't changed since last week, and I was pretty disappointed that I hadn't made any progress. I think that it just isn't worth it, because the baby is going to come when he is ready, and knowing how far dilated or effaced I am wont change when the baby is coming. Now I am frustrated that I haven't made any progress.

Your body is not expected to make any "progress" at this point in your pregnancy, especially a first pregnancy. Progress is each day that passes you get closer to baby deciding to come, increasing braxton hicks contractions is progress, more baby hiccups is progress, time is progress.

I'm glad that you say hiccups are progress because this LO seems to have them ALL THE TIME now!!!

And oddly enough my guy had them all the time for a LONG TIME but the past 6 or 7 days he really hasn't had them much at all.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

My baby just started hiccuping today. I have been patiently waiting.
  • kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I've been reading everything in bits and pieces at work, but I haven't had much of a chance to post. I work in inventory control at a huge food production factory, and we take a comprehensive inventory the first week of every month and it's exhausing. Not helpful when I'm totally exhaused at 3 every day.
    Anyway, update...I told the BF on Sunday and he took it very well. He's excited, but he's so nervous and scared that he's making me crazy. I don't want to worry. He's exhausting me. I know this wasn't planned, but geez, what is obsessing going to do about it now???

I'm so sleepy, so I'm going to make this a short post. Bedtime! Grow babies grow!
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    @ Lynn - thanks for thinking of me. Yup, Nasty visitor showed up last night @ 11pm! the NERVE! I wish I could have SLAMMED the door in Aunt Flow's FACE! (jk) :laugh:

so, another month with no success. :brokenheart:

at least I used my H. Ov. K. properly this time. :ohwell:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    @ Lynn - thanks for thinking of me. Yup, Nasty visitor showed up last night @ 11pm! the NERVE! I wish I could have SLAMMED the door in Aunt Flow's FACE! (jk) :laugh:

so, another month with no success. :brokenheart:

at least I used my H. Ov. K. properly this time. :ohwell:

Sending baby vibes and keeping you in my prayers
  • carina73
    Options
    thanks Sheri. *hugs*

Hope things are going well for you.
  • sthorp1179
    sthorp1179 Posts: 104
    Options
    Carina - I'm sorry that it didn't happen for you this time but there's always next month so keep trying. I was lucky it never took me that long to conceive but I'm sure it would be very frustrating if it was more difficult. With No 3 are you hoping for a boy or girl?

Ron - Headaches are tough, try and rest and lie down when you can but taking tylenol (what we call paracetamol in the uk) 1g (2x 500mg tablets) every 4 hours 4 times a day is perfectly safe for you and baby. You can also take ibuprofen right up to the end of the 2nd trimester quite safely. No-one likes taking medications while pregnant however these drugs have been extensively tested and are safe if you take them at the correct dosage and if it relieves your discomfort and allows you to function then I'm sure its better than suffering. Be sure to mention the headaches at your next appointment to your doctor, as rarely they could be signs of complications.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Carina- Baby dust your way!!!
  • carina73
    Options
    Thanks Sthorp1179 and AnneElise.

@ Sthorp1179 - I'm hoping for a girl. We already have a girl and a boy, and I'd LOVE for Emma to have a sister. :) actually, I'd love to have 2 girls, 2 boys, but DH has cut me off at 3. :grumble: :wink:
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Rachael - Hope the rain held off for you guys yesterday, and that everything went smoothly with the move.

Ron - I've always gotten frequent headaches and occasional migraines. I did notice an increase in headaches during the first trimester and the thing that worked best for me was what Annabelle (I think) suggested, a very cold Coke, or something with a little caffeine in it. Tylenol didn't work for my headaches pre-pregnancy, so I didn't even bother trying it for them now.

AnneElise - What an awesome deal on daycare! Hopefully when you go to look at the place it meets your expectations.

Kacy - I'm glad that your boyfriend is excited, he'll get over being nervous, I think that's pretty common.

Carina - Sending prayers and "positive" vibes your way. Did it take you long to conceive in the past? It took my husband and I over a year.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • carina73
    Options
    Is it wrong of me to feel kind of insulted that a complete stranger privately messages me to give me advice on TTC?

"they" noticed my ticker and liked it and suggested DTD 2 weeks after the start of LMC. and to do it the day before, the day of and the day after... so it just basic info, nothing "uncommon"ly known.

"they" did apologize for being nosy and offering advice, but still... I would never, unless someone was asking for advice or support.

would you?
  • LynnW52
    Options
    Lastnight was our first childbirth class at the hospital and it went really well!

Big initial shock though - my husband and I were the only participants! I thought this was kind of strange considering that we live in a fairly large city. I wasn't expecting it to be packed, but I thought there would be a few other people. Apparently there were 2 other couples signed up and one called that night and cancelled, and the other had signed up several months ago and the instructor hasn't been able to reach her since.

It was kind of nice being the only ones I guess, because I don't really like talking in front of a group so I felt a little more comfortable to ask/answer questions.

The instructor was AWESOME! She has been an OB nurse for over 20 years and has been teaching the childbirth classes for 5. I really like that she keeps up with current research on everything. For instance, they used to recommend getting baby to breast within an hour of birth, now they are recommending that the baby be lightly washed off, and then placed on Mom's bare chest (I'm picturing Mel cringing right now :laugh: ) to form the immediate bond and begin feeding. She said they can do all other checks they need to do on baby right on Mom's chest, and that baby should only be in the warmer if it is absolutely medically necessary.

I love that she was aware of some of my Dr's preferences as far as not requiring constant monitoring, allowing movement, allowing popsicles, not requiring IV, etc. And she engaged my husband in the conversation, which was important to us.

We pretty much went over hospital policies, my body and how it's changing in the 3 tri, pre-term labor signs, some options and procedures during labor & delivery, dilation and effacing, and well....lots of stuff! :laugh: I'm really looking forward to next week's class.
  • carina73
    Options
    @ Lynn

Glad you liked your class. Hope every class is as comfortable as your first. *hugs*

I have always had an irregular cycle, so when DH and I decided to TTC, I only waited 6 months then asked my Dr for a referral to an OB/GYN. I was put on Clomid and it took 3 months to conceive. Then, 1 month after I stopped breastfeeding I was able to conceive unaided. (breastfeed DD for 22 months)

I've been TTC since Aug 2008, had 1 yr wait list for OB/GYN, started Metformin in Sept 2009, to treat PCOS. Finally conceived in Oct 2010, but as everyone knows, lost the baby in Jan 2011. :frown:

I wanted to TTC right away, so this month is technically the 4th time TTC, but only the 3rd cycle after my m/c.

thanks for reading. :)
  • Lindseyjones1717
    Lindseyjones1717 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Lindsey and I am a new member..I just signed up on Monday! I am recently married (2-20-10) and I have a daughter, Kendall Michelle who will be 11 in July! I am currently 18 weeks pregnant and really want to watch my weight-gain as I was overweight before pregnancy this time. I'm so happy to find this website and this thread! I wasn't sure if there would be public pregnancy support on here! I am very excited to track my weekly weight to stay on track, so I can be better prepared to lose after this sweet little baby! Thanks for having me...
  • Lindseyjones1717
    Options
    Hmm..looks like I need help already! Anyone know why my pregnancy ticker isn't working?
  • LynnW52
    Options
    Carina - If I were you, I would be insulted by a stranger sending me a private message trying to "educate" me on how to make a baby, which is pretty much all they did. It was wrong of them to assume that you aren't educated on conception. Just because you are open with the fact that you are trying to conceive doesn't insinuate that you aren't aware of what you're doing. I think the word "trying" sometimes leaves people with the thought that you don't know what you're doing, because they don't realise that conception isn't always easy. How ignorant of them to approach you like that.

It took my husband and I a year of trying to conceive before we were successful. We were getting to the point of considering seeing our Dr. for more information, testing, etc., when we conceived. I remember when I told a friend it took us a year of trying before we got pregnant and the "trying" part left her dumbfounded. "What do you mean trying, like you didn't know how to do it?" Ah....some people.

I'll keep you and your hubby in my prayers :flowerforyou:
  • Lindseyjones1717
    Options
    Looks like I figured it out..thanks anyway! :wink:
  • LynnW52
    Options
    Welcome Lindsey and congratulations on baby #2 :flowerforyou: You will love MFP and this group!