Pregnancy 2011 - April

Options

Replies

• dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    @ Lynn - thanks for thinking of me. Yup, Nasty visitor showed up last night @ 11pm! the NERVE! I wish I could have SLAMMED the door in Aunt Flow's FACE! (jk) :laugh:

so, another month with no success. :brokenheart:

at least I used my H. Ov. K. properly this time. :ohwell:

Hoping your BFP is right around the corner!
  • Lindseyjones1717
    Lindseyjones1717 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lynn!
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lindsey! This is a great group :smile: You'll enjoy it!

Lynn- We didn't tell anyone that we were in fact trying until we announced that we were pregnant. We didn't want to get anyone's hopes up and wanted it to be a complete surprise. With that being said- you'd be surprised the amount of people who don't get the whole "WE WERE TRYING FOR ALMOST A YEAR- THIS WASN'T AN OOPS THANK YOU VERY MUCH!" :grumble: It's very frustrating for me that people think that!

Carina- Thinking of you! Hope your BFP comes soon :flowerforyou:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Ron- I have been in the horrible headache stage since week 10 so going on a month and a half now. I talked to my dr. about it and they said (2) tylenol was okay, instead of the typical (1), and the occasional soda like Annabelle said. They said if they were bad enough that you felt like you were popping tylenol all the time and not getting any relief that they were probably migraines. I too already suffered with them prior to and that's what they are starting to feel like to me. I'm going to see what happens in the next week and hope it gets better, if not I'll bring it up at my appointment next week. They said they may have to prescribe something. Also- The soda helps a lot, though I wish it didn't! and napping too.

I'm so excited for you ladies that are just waiting for little one's to finally arrive. Can't wait to hear/see all about it :flowerforyou:

I get headaches often anyway but I got a lot early on. Usually just a dull pain pretty much constantly, but somewhat luckily my more migraine-type (mile migraines - I have had bad ones and those are awful!) are mainly light sensitive so turning off the lights and putting a sleep mask on for the rest of the light did the most for me.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options

I'm glad that you say hiccups are progress because this LO seems to have them ALL THE TIME now!!!

My baby just started hiccuping today. I have been patiently waiting.

I remember my last having hiccups. I think this one has started - it feels like a pulse almost.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    I really like that she keeps up with current research on everything. For instance, they used to recommend getting baby to breast within an hour of birth, now they are recommending that the baby be lightly washed off, and then placed on Mom's bare chest (I'm picturing Mel cringing right now :laugh: ) to form the immediate bond and begin feeding. She said they can do all other checks they need to do on baby right on Mom's chest, and that baby should only be in the warmer if it is absolutely medically necessary.

LOL you are so right! I was cringing even before reading your aside! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    For instance, they used to recommend getting baby to breast within an hour of birth, now they are recommending that the baby be lightly washed off, and then placed on Mom's bare chest (I'm picturing Mel cringing right now :laugh: ) to form the immediate bond and begin feeding. She said they can do all other checks they need to do on baby right on Mom's chest, and that baby should only be in the warmer if it is absolutely medically necessary.

Amen! This is absolutely how it should be! My babies have never been put on a warmer, are born in water, stay on my chest the whole time w/ a towel on top, never wiped off and have never had warmth issues. Imagine birth 300 years ago, how did babies keep warm, in freezing home after birth They were placed on the mother's bare chests.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options

I think this might have been brought up already, but I can’t remember. Did anyone have bad headaches during their pregnancy? I used to take migraine medication, but they stopped a few years ago. For the past week or so I’ve had horrible headaches almost every day. At first I thought that I wasn’t eating frequently enough, so I stared to snack on fruit and veggies between meals but there’s been no change. The doctor said I could take Tylenol but at this rate I’d be taking some every day and I don’t really want to do that. The only thing that makes them go away is sleep. :sad:

Ron, is it migraines? If it is, I got them so bad at the beginning of my pregnancy. Nothing worked, not even the loretab the dr. prescribed. Then I read that magnesium helps with migraines. So I take a 200 mg. magnesium tablet everyday and I haven't had a single migraine for two months now! Also, I hear staying properly hydrated can help.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    AnneElise – that’s an awesome price for daycare! I hope you like it when you go to visit

Rachel – I’ve woken up hungry a few times in the middle of the night, but I noticed that it only happens when I don’t eat too much for dinner.

Kacy – I’m glad he took the news well. My hubby was borderline psychotic about the pregnancy for the first few weeks, but he eventually calmed down.

Carina – I would be offended if a stranger offered my advice on TTC. No one can know your complete situation expect you. I think it’s very rude to give that type of advice if it’s not asked for.

Lynn – glad you enjoyed the childbirth class.

Lindsey – welcome!

I have a doctor appointment tomorrow morning; I always get super nervous beforehand. I think it’s because all my life doctors have been telling me that I needed to lose weight (some nicely and some not so nicely) that I’m having a hard time going there knowing the scale is going up. Even though I know 1.5 pounds in 5 weeks is not bad.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options

I think this might have been brought up already, but I can’t remember. Did anyone have bad headaches during their pregnancy? I used to take migraine medication, but they stopped a few years ago. For the past week or so I’ve had horrible headaches almost every day. At first I thought that I wasn’t eating frequently enough, so I stared to snack on fruit and veggies between meals but there’s been no change. The doctor said I could take Tylenol but at this rate I’d be taking some every day and I don’t really want to do that. The only thing that makes them go away is sleep. :sad:

Ron, is it migraines? If it is, I got them so bad at the beginning of my pregnancy. Nothing worked, not even the loretab the dr. prescribed. Then I read that magnesium helps with migraines. So I take a 200 mg. magnesium tablet everyday and I haven't had a single migraine for two months now! Also, I hear staying properly hydrated can help.

They’re not as bad as my migraines were so I don’t think they are. I’m pretty sure that I’m not hydrated enough. Up until this week water made me sick to my stomach, so I’m just now getting back into drinking water again. I’m hoping that will help.
  • tjsechrist
    Options
    Hi ladies!!!!! Started last month TTC for our second child. I have a pretty extensive history with pregnancy being high risk and losses. :cry: So we are going to give it one more shot. I joined MFP to try to lose some weight while TTC... :) Less weight I'd have to lose after the baby and as we all know, it makes things easier while TTC.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Lynn, I am glad your class went well. It is nice that she took the time go over things and to also include your husband. I think that is important also.

So, we are officially moved in. I am so thankful for all the help I had. It made the process go by pretty fast. Plus I didn't have to do too much because no one would let me lift anything. So I mostly directed. It did rain on us a couple of hours into it. We only had a couple things in the rain like our kitchen table and a desk, so we just had them hurry and get them to the house and in the house before the wood got warped. It seems to be ok, so that is good. I was very thankful my father-in-law had a horse trailer to put stuff in, because that kept mostly everything dry.

It was surreal to spend the first night in the new house. This morning took a bit longer to get ready trying to find clothes to wear, and a bath towel and the shampoo etc... I'll have to make sure I get the essentials unpacked today. I am really happy though about the whole situation.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!!!!! Started last month TTC for our second child. I have a pretty extensive history with pregnancy being high risk and losses. :cry: So we are going to give it one more shot. I joined MFP to try to lose some weight while TTC... :) Less weight I'd have to lose after the baby and as we all know, it makes things easier while TTC.

Welcome!

Lindsey- Welcome to the group!

Ron- I get nervous before apt.'s too! Good luck tommorow!

Rachael- Glad you got moved it!

I am going to attempt to walk after work today... I feel SO tired but maybe it will help and it is suposed to be nice outside... I HAVE to do it... need to get back into walking after last week :C
  • tjsechrist
    Options

Welcome!

Lindsey- Welcome to the group!

Ron- I get nervous before apt.'s too! Good luck tommorow!

Rachael- Glad you got moved it!

I am going to attempt to walk after work today... I feel SO tired but maybe it will help and it is suposed to be nice outside... I HAVE to do it... need to get back into walking after last week :C

Thank you!!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for all of your kind words/thoughts/prayers. The autopsy showed my brother's death was natural and that brings me some peace.
    My husband is amazing.

Despite the circumstances, I kept my OB appointment this morning. I had the 1 hour glucose test and I think it went okay. I actually felt fine during the test other than being a little jittery & "fidgety" (so says my husband -- I didn't notice). I was told I should hear the results by the end of the week. I met a new OB in the practice today and decided she's my favorite of the 3 I've seen so far. There is still one OB in the practice I haven't met. She used the doppler about 30 minutes after I had finished the glucose drink and baby was losing her mind. She seems to hate the doppler and always kicks at it, but today she was really kicking at it furiously. The OB pretty much thought it was hilarious that my baby was jacked up on sugar. Baby wore herself out pretty quickly with all the kicking & is taking a nap now. I gained 2 pounds in the last 5 weeks (though it's more like 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks...) so I'm really happy with that.
    I freaked a little when setting up the rest of my appointments. I have another in 3 weeks and then they start happening every 2 weeks. Yikes!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Little about me...I had my last depo shot in Jan 2010. Waited for AF to come back till November 2010. DH and I have been actively TTC for 5 months. I guess we could say we have been trying since April, being that we were not preventing since then. I haven't been Oing, so my doc says to chart one more month then we could start with clomid. Any personal experiences with this? I am not one to alter with medication, but I really don't want to wait any longer.
    Also, my face has been breaking out horribly since taking pre-natal vitamins. Anyone have any input? I'm considering going back to a regular multivitamin and folic acid supplements.

Thanks!
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Hi there!

Little about me...I had my last depo shot in Jan 2010. Waited for AF to come back till November 2010. DH and I have been actively TTC for 5 months. I guess we could say we have been trying since April, being that we were not preventing since then. I haven't been Oing, so my doc says to chart one more month then we could start with clomid. Any personal experiences with this? I am not one to alter with medication, but I really don't want to wait any longer.
    Also, my face has been breaking out horribly since taking pre-natal vitamins. Anyone have any input? I'm considering going back to a regular multivitamin and folic acid supplements.

Thanks!

Hi there :D No expierance on the clomid but one thing I found is if I am getting all my water in and eating less sodium it helps my acne from the pre-natal!
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Thank you all so much for all of your kind words/thoughts/prayers. The autopsy showed my brother's death was natural and that brings me some peace.
    My husband is amazing.

Despite the circumstances, I kept my OB appointment this morning. I had the 1 hour glucose test and I think it went okay. I actually felt fine during the test other than being a little jittery & "fidgety" (so says my husband -- I didn't notice). I was told I should hear the results by the end of the week. I met a new OB in the practice today and decided she's my favorite of the 3 I've seen so far. There is still one OB in the practice I haven't met. She used the doppler about 30 minutes after I had finished the glucose drink and baby was losing her mind. She seems to hate the doppler and always kicks at it, but today she was really kicking at it furiously. The OB pretty much thought it was hilarious that my baby was jacked up on sugar. Baby wore herself out pretty quickly with all the kicking & is taking a nap now. I gained 2 pounds in the last 5 weeks (though it's more like 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks...) so I'm really happy with that.
    I freaked a little when setting up the rest of my appointments. I have another in 3 weeks and then they start happening every 2 weeks. Yikes!

Thats a great weight gain Julie. THats funny about the baby. I wonder if they will do that to me when I do mine in 5 weeks. Hope your test results are great!
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Everything's fine and nothing has changed - still 3 cm and 50%. Doctor will be out of town tomorrow through Sunday. Of course I'd rather deliver with my doctor, but I know that they need vacations too! Just a waiting game now.

Hey Megan! It is frustrating when they go out of town! But you are right they need vacations too. My doctor was out of town when I delieved my second.

Mine was on vacation with my first. I was really annoyed though because I was in his office less than a week earlier. He knew I was due the next week (I delivered the day before my DD) and that he was going to be out of town and there was no mention of it. I learned in the hospital when the other Dr in the practice (whom i had never met before) came in and said "I'm Dr Beatty - Dr Hamilton is on vacation".... um?! .... shouldn't you tell your ready to pop patients?!

Oh that would totally bother me too! You mean you've been seeing me for 9 months and just happened to forget to mention it??

Rachael - So happy for you to be moved in!!

Julie - I'm glad you're finding some peace, and will continue to. Please know we're praying for you still! Glad your appointment went well with the weight gain. Since I've been on my weekly appointments I've been gaining SO MUCH weight. Between one week to the other it was a gain of 5 lbs! I thought it was water weight, but it hasn't gone down yet and am still gaining...agh. Oh well...LO is almost here :smile:
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. Hope all is going well with you all. Things have been a little crazy here. I'm kinda stressing about Congress not passing the budget for real this time and not doing another extension. Not only is my husband gone, but now I have to worry about him not getting paid after Friday. And to make matters worse they won't pay for him to fly home if they do a Federal shutdown...so we will have to pay. Gotta love how the Government gets to screw with our lives like this. This will affect a lot of people...active duty will still have to report to work but Congress will have to approve an emergency budget to pay them. My husband is Army Guard but his full time job is a civilian contract job as an Instructor Pilot so he won't go into work, and he won't get paid. I just pray that this lasts a few days and not a few months like they possibly predict. This is the last thing I need to be stressing about.

I took a nice long 6 mile hike this morning torching over 1,000 calories to try and burn off some of this stress...and some of the Italian buffet I went to yesterday for lunch! lol

Hi Kim! You know I took Clomid so I can tell you alllll about it! lol! Glad to see your face here!

Julie my prayers and thoughts are still going to you and your family. I can't even imagine the pain of losing a sibling. My dad and his fatal heart attack was hard enough. Stay strong girl!

Rachael congrats on moving in! How exciting! I bet you can't wait to get your hands on the baby's room! :)

Hope the rest of you are having a great day!