Pregnancy 2011 - April

Options

Replies

• MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    BUT I experienced my first ever leg cramp last night. WOW! now i know what my husband goes through cause he does get them about twice a year. OUCH, although mine didn't last as long as his usually do. I immediately jumped out of bed and sat up and it went away, whew! Right now that leg has a dull ache. Anyone know how to prevent these? I really do not want them to get worse.

HYDRATION! I used to get charlie horses a couple times a month and staying hydrated helps a lot. Also, make sure you stretch properly and cool down even when "just" walking. Stand on a step and let your heels sink down - do this 4 or 5 times on each leg for :30.
  • kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in my 5th week of pregnancy but I'm still not feeling much in the way of typical symptoms, sometimes I have been feeling tiredness but i've found if I keep moving and pottering round the house doing chores I can pretty much overcome this and feel much more energetic than I ever have with previous pregnancies. No real MS as of yet, have had a bit of a lack of appetite at times and getting into a lot of spicy food and foods with lots of flavour, yum! :laugh:

I didn't even know I was pregnant until like 7 weeks. (Wasn't trying or not trying, so wasn't paying attention.) I was doing P90x doubles at the time and only thought maybe I was preg because I suddenly got so tired doing it around what turned out to be 6 or 7 weeks. 5 weeks in I was still going strong with no symptoms. Other than the fatigue and slight nausea nothing else kicked in for another couple weeks after that either.

Good to hear...I'm not anything but tired, and it had me wondering!
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    I'm currently in my 5th week of pregnancy but I'm still not feeling much in the way of typical symptoms, sometimes I have been feeling tiredness but i've found if I keep moving and pottering round the house doing chores I can pretty much overcome this and feel much more energetic than I ever have with previous pregnancies. No real MS as of yet, have had a bit of a lack of appetite at times and getting into a lot of spicy food and foods with lots of flavour, yum! :laugh:

I didn't even know I was pregnant until like 7 weeks. (Wasn't trying or not trying, so wasn't paying attention.) I was doing P90x doubles at the time and only thought maybe I was preg because I suddenly got so tired doing it around what turned out to be 6 or 7 weeks. 5 weeks in I was still going strong with no symptoms. Other than the fatigue and slight nausea nothing else kicked in for another couple weeks after that either.

Good to hear...I'm not anything but tired, and it had me wondering!

I never really noticed much of anything until 6ish weeks along.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Joonz- There were definitely some jealousy issues the first couple of days as visitors were coming and bringing us meals and such. Now she is just another part of daily life and the LOVE helping out by getting diapers, holding her (with help of course), burping her and such.

Carina- Thanks, I think that any good mother would take precautions when it comes to the doctors. They always try to make you feel like you HAVE to do whatever it is they want. I think that Annabelle helped to ease my mind a lot and that actually helped me to know that I was making the right choice. THANK YOU ANNABELLE! That health care sounds awful, I enjoy having the pediatrician for the kids. We have had ours since our first was born and he always takes his time to answer any and all questions we have and such.

AnneElise – Elise is just going to be a healthy girl! I was puking on and off up until the week I delivered Brooklynn. I actually even stopped my prenatals to see if it would help but that only worked for a little while.

Ron- Glad it was a good appointment, there is nothing better than an uneventful visit

Annabelle-good job with the weight

Rachael- I had lots of issues and have my whole life, definitely drink tons of water. Maybe you are taking in too much fiber? My doctor said it was fine for me to take Fibercon because the colace was not working. You can also take Milk of Magnesia but that stuff is pretty powerful.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Joonz- There were definitely some jealousy issues the first couple of days as visitors were coming and bringing us meals and such. Now she is just another part of daily life and the LOVE helping out by getting diapers, holding her (with help of course), burping her and such.

Carina- Thanks, I think that any good mother would take precautions when it comes to the doctors. They always try to make you feel like you HAVE to do whatever it is they want. I think that Annabelle helped to ease my mind a lot and that actually helped me to know that I was making the right choice. THANK YOU ANNABELLE! That health care sounds awful, I enjoy having the pediatrician for the kids. We have had ours since our first was born and he always takes his time to answer any and all questions we have and such.

AnneElise – Elise is just going to be a healthy girl! I was puking on and off up until the week I delivered Brooklynn. I actually even stopped my prenatals to see if it would help but that only worked for a little while.

Ron- Glad it was a good appointment, there is nothing better than an uneventful visit

Rachael- I had lots of issues and have my whole life, definitely drink tons of water. Maybe you are taking in too much fiber? My doctor said it was fine for me to take Fibercon because the colace was not working. You can also take Milk of Magnesia but that stuff is pretty powerful.

We miss you Sheri! Good to know that I am not alone with the MS... but sad that some of you have this awfulness too.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    I think that Annabelle helped to ease my mind a lot and that actually helped me to know that I was making the right choice. THANK YOU ANNABELLE! That health care sounds awful, I enjoy having the pediatrician for the kids. We have had ours since our first was born and he always takes his time to answer any and all questions we have and such.

You are very welcome! I am happy I could help. And thanks on my weight.
  • RFrick
    RFrick Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    OK. Never have I wished more for an HRM!!! How in the world do you figure the calories you burnt shoveling horse manure over part of your garden and then tilling it in????? I know I had to have burnt something!!! I feel quite worn out actually. And I'd like to lay paper mulch yet tonight so that maybe I can get my approx. 80 tomato plants planted tomorrow. Does anyone have any good sugestions for a cheap, good quality HRM? Or does cheap and good quality never come in the same package?
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Warning: feeling frustrated and about to complain!

I went out an walked on this really nice day... 2 miles and I was SO tired. I am letting myself get so out of shape and I am not eating healthy enough AT ALL. I really need to change the way I eat. I come home feeling so discouraged... ate a healthy dinner... and just threw it up so hard that my dinner was coming out of my nose. (sorry TMI)... now my nose, throat, and head is burning and aching. I just feel like utter crap every night.... okay end vent.

Does anyone have any good VERY EASY chicken recipes that I can make for one or two?
  • RFrick
    RFrick Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Have you ever marinated chicken in Italian Salad Dressing overnight and then grilled it? It's SO yummy!!! I suppose you could maybe bake it, too. Chicken Salad with grapes in is good, too, but I don't really have an exact recipe for that.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Warning: feeling frustrated and about to complain!

I went out an walked on this really nice day... 2 miles and I was SO tired. I am letting myself get so out of shape and I am not eating healthy enough AT ALL. I really need to change the way I eat. I come home feeling so discouraged... ate a healthy dinner... and just threw it up so hard that my dinner was coming out of my nose. (sorry TMI)... now my nose, throat, and head is burning and aching. I just feel like utter crap every night.... okay end vent.

Does anyone have any good VERY EASY chicken recipes that I can make for one or two?

BTDT on the throw up, it is horrible. Bake chicken, oven fried chicken, baked chicken breast, then put in salad, bread chicken breast then bake w/ olive oil on the pan, chicken soup.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    AnneElise - Sorry your (morning?) sickness is still giving you a hard time. Has your Dr. suggested anything for you? I know a couple of my friends had to start taking Zofran because they were getting dehydrated from not being able to keep anything down. As for a chicken recipe, it's certainly not the healthiest, but we love bacon wrapped chicken. Cut chicken breasts into small chunks and wrap with a half strip of bacon, put on a skewer and grill. I also like to sautee (sp?) chicken in a pan with olive oil, portabello mushrooms and garlic and eat with either steamed rice or angel hair pasta, and broccoli.

AnnaBelle - Great job on the weight loss, you are doing really well! I know you were sick for awhile, are you feeling back to normal? Are your allergies still bothering you? Hope both of them have flown the coop! I just transferred the rest of the detergent from the tub that we made our first batch in, to the container from the last one we (hopefully ever!) bought. So one batch made 2 of those, and I gave a little away to others to try. Can't wait to make the next batch, gonna try a new soap, just for kicks :wink: Thanks again for the recipe!

RFrick - I would search in the database for shoveling snow, should be a close comparison to shoveling manure. I know that shoveling is in my list, but I can't remember if I added it myself or if it was already in there. You can google how many cals do I burn doing X, and find a site where you put in your weight and it will give you a rough estimate. Either way I'm sure you got a great workout!!
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Still waiting - I know due date isn't until Sunday, and could possibly be late, but I"m hoping for an early arrival...

have a good night ladies, I will catch up later.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

Great chicken recipe.

Slice breasts to strips. Coat with honey / apricot jam mixture (I used pear. red would probably work too. Grape would be nasty!). Recipe said 1/2 C honey & 2 T jam. I think I used a little less honey and used 1.5 lbs chicken.

Cover in panko break crumbs.

Bake 350 until brown / done. 40 mins?

I baked on a cookie sheet so that it could crisp all around and not stick to the pan.

Very good.

It called for a citrus vinaigrette rice with it. I couldnt find a citrus vinaigrette so I made rice pilaf. Chicken broth with 1/4 C lemon juice. Enough to be 2 cups total. (or you can do enough to be 4 cups total) and 2 cups water (or whatever you need for your rice - mine is a 2:1 rice. Some orange zest and some browned onion. I think that's all of that. you can look up various pilaf recipes.

you could easily just put a bag of steam broccoli in the microwave instead too for an even easier recipe.

oh, i also love - chicken breasts, covered with cream of mushroom, covered with ritz crumbs and baked in a casarole dish. .Yummy! You might google the more specific recipe on that. Another good with broccoli meal.
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    @ Sheri - I am one of the fortunate ones who has a family doctor and because my DD had health issues, we see a Pediatrician every 6 months. but there are approx. 50,000 people in my city that don't have a family doctor.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Thank you for the chicken recipes. They look tasty.

I have tried all of the medicines that the dr. would give me. Zofran and 2 others with no luck. Mostly I can just accept the puking, I had a hard night with it yesterday... feeling very mad and grumpy. I slept horrible. Maybe my dr. will have another suggestion later today. I am not excited about the visit because I think I have gained like 10 lbs. I have gotten so much bigger in the last month. I don't think she will be worried because at my last visit I was at my pre-pregnancy weight and she told me to expect a large gain. Its frustrating to gain so fast though, makes you feel like crap. Thanks for all of your well wishes. I try not to complain about it to people except for here because i don't want to be the negative nelly around... I will stop complaining about it here as well :smile: Thanks for letting me though.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Still waiting - I know due date isn't until Sunday, and could possibly be late, but I"m hoping for an early arrival...

Can't wait to hear! Thinking about you and hoping for a good labor and delivery!
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options

Hope she comes soon for you! :flowerforyou:
  • dmdaigle17
    Options
    Thank you for the chicken recipes. They look tasty.

I have tried all of the medicines that the dr. would give me. Zofran and 2 others with no luck. Mostly I can just accept the puking, I had a hard night with it yesterday... feeling very mad and grumpy. I slept horrible. Maybe my dr. will have another suggestion later today. I am not excited about the visit because I think I have gained like 10 lbs. I have gotten so much bigger in the last month. I don't think she will be worried because at my last visit I was at my pre-pregnancy weight and she told me to expect a large gain. Its frustrating to gain so fast though, makes you feel like crap. Thanks for all of your well wishes. I try not to complain about it to people except for here because i don't want to be the negative nelly around... I will stop complaining about it here as well :smile: Thanks for letting me though.

Don't fret over your gain. You are itty bitty to begin with darlin. Enjoy this, even with the MS. :heart:
  • dmdaigle17
    Options
    The anticipation of finding out what we are having is absolutely KILLING me!!! :sad: :blushing:

These next 2 weeks need to FLYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    I have another appointment today at 10am. Last Friday I was 3cm and 50% and I am anxious to see if I have made any progress. My guess is no but we shall see. I am so ready for this anticipation to be over, Megan I am sure you are too. I have gone late with my first and third. My second came a few days early. I am fully expecting this baby to stay in until my due date.

I plan on talking to my doctor today about my anxiety. It is awful lately and I have a history of it anyway. At night it is almost unbearable and I am putting myself into panic mode. Hopefully there is something he can give me to help me calm down.

Have a happy Friday everyone!