April 2011~No Late Night Snacking!

Options

Replies

• wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Me: 14
    LNS: 2

Here's what I did to survive the goodbye party: I ate a satisfying dinner before we left (egg, tomato, spinach sandwich on whole wheat, plus a nice glass of red wine) - and I had a piece of angel food cake, too. I figured that if I gave myself a treat before, then I wouldn't be able to stand there at the buffet table and feel deprived and pouty. Right before we arrived at the house, I popped a piece of Extra Chocolate Mint gum in my mouth.

Miracle of miracles: I didn't eat a dang thing at the party. I am truly astonished and amazed.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Me: 11 ~ LNS: 5
    _________

jodilynn04... You're doing so great!

wiggleroom... Nice job!! I hope your tips work for me in the future.
  • wiggleroom
    Options
    I just noticed I added wrong a couple of days ago -- I meant to say 13/2, not 14/2 -- but now I'm at 14/2 after last night!

Math is NOT my strong suit.

We're all in this together, girls. Those of you who are struggling -- it's okay! It's taken me more than a decade to lose all this weight. Which is because it's taken me more than a decade to "figure things out." You guys already have MFP, so you're WAY ahead of where I was when I started -- completely on my own with a skinny husband, skinny friends, and a southern family that loves to fry things. Oh. And a sweet tooth beyond all comprehension.
  • Alexgirl823
    Alexgirl823 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am in!!!! Why is it that EVERY NIGHT I crave chocolate or something sweet right before bed? For me, no more eating after 8pm! :)
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Me: 13 ~ LNS: 3

Welcome Alexgirl823! :flowerforyou:
  • wiggleroom
    Options
    Me: 14
    LNS: 3

Went to a dessert auction tonight at our church, where the youth had baked up goodies to raise money for missions. How could I refuse?! (Yes, I know I could have refused. But I didn't. And you know what? The brownie and chocolate strawberries were delicious -- but I'm totally dizzy now from the sugar! Augh! I hate it when it's not even worth it.)
  • jodilynn04
    jodilynn04 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Me: 17. LNS: 1.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Me: 12 ~ LNS: 5
    I am in!!!! Why is it that EVERY NIGHT I crave chocolate or something sweet right before bed? For me, no more eating after 8pm! :)
    Me too lately... I'm gonna start brushing my teeth right after dinner, so I don't eat late anymore!! I can be really lazy in the evenings, so I won't want to brush my teeth twice! :wink:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Me 9/LNS 8
    Uh oh, catchin up
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 14 ~ LNS: 3

Wiggleroom- Your body can’t handle a lot of sugar anymore. Maybe next time you can just donate money. Lesson learned, time to move on. You’ve been doing great so don’t stress over it.

Jodilynn-I admire you

Steph-Good idea! When I feel the urge to snack, I’m going to go brush my teeth instead.

Lorna-Come on, I know you can do it! It’s still time to keep this boat on the right path.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Me 10/LNS 8
    Posting my success even before the evening ends to make me stay accountable.
  • wiggleroom
    Options
    I'm posting early, too. And refilling my water bottle and putting the teapot on!

Me: 15
    LNS: 3
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 15 ~ LNS: 3

Lorna & Wiggleroom-Great idea ladies!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Me: 13 ~ LNS: 5

I wanted to eat something last night, since my dinner was really left over form my lunch, and then I went to Zumba, and it was 9:30pm, so I'm like WHAT CAN I EAT THAT'S LIGHT? But I was up until midnight, so I'm counting it for me. :bigsmile: And after I ate, I brushed my teeth, so I wouldn't go back, even though I was really hungry by 11:30...
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    OK, so April is a lost cause for me. Not giving up on my team, just not worth posting my numbers, really. Evenings are the time when I can catch up with food, sorta :smile: :ohwell: I'll think of a strategy for May :wink:, so that I can join you again. I see a very active and determined bunch of people here, so I am confident that you'll keep the thread alive next month as well. :flowerforyou:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hang in there dewdrop!!:flowerforyou:

Me: 5
    LNS: 13

I'm slowly turning things around.:laugh:
    Zaza
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Me 11/LNS 8
    I'm counting last night as a success because after a late dinner, despite TOM and massive cravings, I did not eat the chocolate cake or the cupcakes that were looming in my refrigerator. Now to not eat them during the day today...
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    OK, so April is a lost cause for me. Not giving up on my team, just not worth posting my numbers, really. Evenings are the time when I can catch up with food, sorta :smile: :ohwell: I'll think of a strategy for May :wink:, so that I can join you again. I see a very active and determined bunch of people here, so I am confident that you'll keep the thread alive next month as well. :flowerforyou:

I understand the not posting numbers. But keep with us in spirit. We always need your encouragement. You are what got us started and will keep us going too :)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Me: 5

I'm slowly turning things around.:laugh:
    Zaza

Show them who is boss Zaza
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    lulabellewoowoo , I intend to!:laugh: I'm even thinking about making my cut-off time another 15 minutes earlier. Haven't decided yet.
    I have to say I am super-impressed that you successfully avoided cake and cupcakes.:drinker: Those would be my downfall for sure. I am going to think of you all day long now whenever I am tempted.:wink: Hopefully, I, too, can walk away from temptation.
    Me: 6
    Have a good day all.
    Zaza