April 2011~No Late Night Snacking!

Replies

• loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    For the last 2 nights, I have been eatting dried fruit and about 18 almonds !!! What can I do to stop these late night cravings ?!?!?! Its like I need food to go to sleep or something.

At least it's a healthy snack, you could be eating chocolate and chips (something I tend to do :ohwell: ). You just have to take it one day at a time and it will get easier. Good Luck!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    My late night kryptonite this week has been cheese and bbq potato straws. Why I don't know? It's like the cheesy/sweet combination. It's one night at a time for me.
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    me:4 LNS: 3
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    In my house we typically do not eat until 8pm or 8:30. That's because I'm coming from the gym (a good thing) and hubby works late. We also go to bed later and wake up later than most people.

The trick in my house is to NOT leave snacks on the giant coffee table in front of the TV. When I joined MFP we hid all of the snacks from the table.
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Me: 4 - LNS: 3
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Me: 6
    LNS: 1

(Might blow it tonight...we're going to a friend's house for dinner and she want to make s'mores over their new fire pit. I plan to politely refuse, but if it seems like I'm being insulting, I'll opt for ONE marshmallow, beautifully blackened.)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Me 7/LNS 1

Last night was easy for me as after I ate dinner at 6:30 I had severe abdominal cramping that had me rolling on the couch. Son had the same thing, which passed for both of us. Hubby and daughter didn't. Sensitive digestive symptoms? Started cooking "clean". I'm guessing my body just can't handle the good stuff as I have been feeding it the processed stuff for 30 plus years.

LOVEME - You are rockin' this challenge.
  • wiggleroom
    I won last night on a technicality! At my friend's house, where she was planning to make s'mores, it was too cold to go outside even with the firepit. So we stayed inside ... and ate pie :ohwell: ... but it was before my cut-off time by something like five minutes, so I "win" even though I don't feel quite like I did! :embarassed:

Me:7
    LNS:1
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Me: 6 ~ LNS: 2

Last night I was hungry, and but I didn't want to go overboard with anything. I later logged my walking, and realized I could have had a bigger snack, but that was around 10:30pm... :ohwell:
    I plan to politely refuse, but if it seems like I'm being insulting, I'll opt for ONE marshmallow, beautifully blackened.)
    I love that! Too bad it was cold. :frown: Yay for pie, though. You did fine! There are worse things in life than pie.

lulabellewoowoo... Never thought I would suggest going easy on the healthy foods! LOL! I'm glad it passed. That's weird. Do you think it had something to do with WHAT you ate? Like if you had dried beans, were you sure to soak them well enough before eating?
  • aquasw16
    Me: 4 , LNS: 3
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Me: 7 ~ LNS: 1

Lorna~ Thanks! Im trying to do better than I did in March.:wink:

Wiggleroom~I deserve that point. Dont feel bad, everything in moderation :smile:

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Me: 6
    LNS: 2
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    April is not going to be a good month for me in this respect! Me: 4 - LNS: 5 :ohwell:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Me 7/LNS 2
  • wiggleroom
    Me: 8
    LNS: 1
  • healthyandthin
    healthyandthin Posts: 104 Member
    LNS is taking over my life! It doesn't help that I'm nocturnal either! I work late into the night or early morning so nighttime offers many hours of potential slipups! This week has been awful awful awful!!!

Two night ago, I finished a whole box of cereal.
    Last night, I finished a whole bag of pita chips.

I need to change this! My meals are healthy and nutritious but my late night snacks or binges aren't!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Me: 7 ~ LNS: 2
    _________

dewdrop... It's anyone's game for you at this point! The underdog always wins! :bigsmile:

healthyandthin... Keep working on making your LNS as healthy as your daytime ones! Try to keep only healthy things around you/in sight in the evenings so that you're more likely to choose those things. Have fresh veggies cut and ready to snack on with some hummus, or healthy dressing. Maybe put the things you plan to eat all in one place, so you don't have to go looking for things, and then finding other, less healthy things. I know I have cupcakes in the freezer, and i think about eating one, EVERY TIME. Make it easy for yourself to succeed!
  • aquasw16
    ME: 6; LNS 3
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    ME :6
    LNS: 3
  • wiggleroom
    Me: 8
    LNS: 2

(Note to self: do NOT make banana bread in the evening. It is virtually impossible NOT to slice off the crispy, still-warm end and scarf it down! At least it truly was a sliver.)
This discussion has been closed.