April 2011~No Late Night Snacking!

Options

Replies

• veganbecky
    veganbecky Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Can I still jump in?

I'm just going to do a general "no eating after supper" policy. This will generally mean not eating after about 8 pm or so.

So far this month...

Me = 1, LNS = 2
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Me 3/LNS 1
  • jodilynn04
    jodilynn04 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Me: 5. LNS: 0.

I need your guys' opinion on something! On the 15th, I'm going to be attending an all nighter. I've been on a roll with not eating after midnight for the past month and a half and I'd really like to keep that going. My question is, since I'll be staying up all night and not going to bed until 7 or so, what time should I quit the eating? Should I keep it midnight or make it earlier/later since I'll be eating breakfast at 6 or so. What do you think?
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Me: 5. LNS: 0.

I need your guys' opinion on something! On the 15th, I'm going to be attending an all nighter. I've been on a roll with not eating after midnight for the past month and a half and I'd really like to keep that going. My question is, since I'll be staying up all night and not going to bed until 7 or so, what time should I quit the eating? Should I keep it midnight or make it earlier/later since I'll be eating breakfast at 6 or so. What do you think?

What I do on such occasions is quit eating at a decent time (let's say 1-2 hours before leaving the place) and don't refill on sodas/alcohol past that time (but still sip on whatever I have in my glass prior to that time).The most important thing is to stop snacking on useless things. If you'll be having breakfast at 6, maybe don't eat past 3?

OR: enjoy it and forget about LNS this one time. April may have 29 days this year :laugh:.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 2 - LNS: 2
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Me: 4 ~ LNS: 0
    Dewdrop's advice is great! I have 2 thoughts on this: 1) keep eating until 2-3 hours before you go to sleep.
    2) keep eating until you stop moving around so much. Like, if I was up all night, but I was laying down, I wouldn't want to keep eating, cause I wouldn't be burning many calories. If, on the other hand, you will be hopping around and socializing all night, then by all means, eat! Choose healthy options when possible. Most of all, enjoy the night!!
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    Blew it Saturday - but succeeded Sunday and Monday so I guess I report this as
    Me: 2 LNS

It is a start!!!
    smwert
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Me 3 LNS 1
  • vseifert
    vseifert Posts: 5
    Options
    Hang in there!! By the end of last year I was doing it right most of the time, even through the holidays! But for some reason, the past 2 months have been horrible for me! Don't give up on yourself! I've tried to quit smoking 5 times now but will try again!! We just have to keep trying until it works. The one good thing about doing this again is I know there are great results when I put effort into it. Then, in time, it just becomes easier to not eat. It hurts for a little bit in the beginning (actually, it hurt for a couple of months) but in no time, it really does get easier to WALK AWAY from the snacks! What worked for me was cereal. I so crave snacks at night. I got into the habit of only eating a small bowl of cereal or an ice cream sandwich at night. Sure, it's not fruit or veggies, but it fulfilled those cravings and I stayed w/in my calorie intake for the day. Just find something that works for you! I was depriving myself of everything I enjoyed at first so I think that's why this didn't work for me. When I started to give myself a "treat"; salad dressing I really like, an ice cream bar in the eve, etc. then I did much better. In time, everything just got easier! Good luck! You'll do great! Now, I must follow my own advice too and get back on track.
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I'm joining!! This has always hindered my weight loss. I'm good all through dinner, then i lose it. Caved to some thin mints last night (partially due to PMS, partially due to lack of willpower)

And my husband is famous for sitting down nect to me on the couch with a bowl of dry frosted flakes at 9PM. So mean, right?

We eat dinner around 6:30-7, so my cutoff will be 7:30. That will give me time for dinner and a small dessert if I want, then nothing else. I hit the sack by 9:30 usually for a 5AM wake up, so I don't think a 7:30 cutoff ist too early, right? 2 hours?
  • jodilynn04
    jodilynn04 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! You guys rock!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Me: 4 ~ LNS: 0

Good Job Everyone! Keep up the good work!
  • GumbyAnne
    GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join, as I started the very same resolution on Sunday night. My cutoff time is 8pm and so far so good:

ME: 2 ~ LNS: 0
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I need to join! Lately I have been falling into the late night snacking which I have been doing so well the past 3 months. I must get back on the ball - I will see what I can do for this month. My cutoff time will be 8pm on the weekdays and 9pm on the weekends (HARD!!!)
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Me-2 NLS-2
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    I'm back from my latest little trip and ready to start this challenge again. Last month was a lost cause, as was the beginning of April (celebrating my brithday and traveling - not a good combo for late night snacking).
    Me:0
    LNS:4
    I plan to start turning this around tonight. My cut-off time is 9:15 pm unless it's a special occasion, and then it's 11:15 p.m.
    Good luck everyone.
    Zaza
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    ME 4
    LNS 1
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Welcome Shannah, Gumby, Gettinfit, Aquasw, and anyone I mighta missed.

Zaza, everyone needs a celebration :wink: Glad you are back.

AFM:

ME 4/LNS 1
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 2 - LNS: 3 mmm
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Me: 4
    LNS: 1

This challenge is showing me how often I actually do eat in the late evenings, because I have to repeatedly stop myself! I didn't define myself as a "late night snacker," because I never related to the standing-in-front-of-the-fridge-in-my-pjs image ... but MAN do I have a habit of popping little bites into my mouth in the 7 - 9pm hours! A few nuts; a couple of crackers or cookies; stuff that (shock!) I wasn't even LOGGING!