April 2011~No Late Night Snacking!

Options

Replies

• dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Me: 10
    LNS: 2

I am astonished at myself! I was at a board meeting last night (from 6:30 to 9:30), and -- as usual -- someone brought chocolate, and every half hour or so, it got passed around the room. I had to actually see and smell the chocolate, and touch (hold!) the plate to pass it, several times -- and I never took a morsel! I didn't even have gum in my mouth (my usual weapon), but I was able to resist -- all because of the accountability of this challenge group.

"LoveMe" -- I definitely do LoveYOU!!!

Amazing story! Inspiring! It means a lot to hear all these success stories! Keep up the good work and keep motivating us by your example.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 6 - LNS: 6

Emily, we're kinda in the same boat. Let's come up with a plan. :smile:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Me 8/LNS 5
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Me: 11
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Me 1 LNS 12

I would love to know what YOU are doing that helps you! Especially those that fall asleep and then wake up with an unbelievable craving for food. ANyone???
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me 1 LNS 12

I would love to know what YOU are doing that helps you! Especially those that fall asleep and then wake up with an unbelievable craving for food. ANyone???

* make yourself a cup of tea. Choose some nice flavor, to start with: exotic fruit or even chocolate for a start. Make sure it has no calories (so no sugar/honey and also no sweeteners). Also make sure it's not too sour, or it will make you even hungrier
    * floss/brush your teeth. This gives you a feeling/awareness of "no more food for the day"
    * be reasonable about the cut-off. Years ago I used to have my last meal of the day at 6 p.m. and went to bed at 10/11. Yes, I was hungry by then. But I resisted. I don't recommend being too hungry, though - this can make you sleep bad!
    * stay strong for a few nights. Your body will get used to it. In time, you'll get to having hard times falling asleep if you have a full tummy :wink:
    * if you do wake up hungry and cannot go back to sleep, eat healthy. Even a slice of cheese is OK. Or maybe a warm cup of milk. Some almonds, if that's enough. No sweets, though!

Learn to know your body. Listen to it, but make it also listen to your mind.
    Can't wait for the numbers on your side to grow :wink:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 6 - LNS: 7

Time to make a disclaimer: not all 7 nights were late snacking. It was mainly late dinner.

Lorna, get back on track! :tongue: I know you can do it! (don't follow my bad example)
  • Shelle68
    Options
    Me 1 LNS 12

* make yourself a cup of tea. Choose some nice flavor, to start with: exotic fruit or even chocolate for a start. Make sure it has no calories (so no sugar/honey and also no sweeteners). Also make sure it's not too sour, or it will make you even hungrier
    * floss/brush your teeth. This gives you a feeling/awareness of "no more food for the day"
    * be reasonable about the cut-off. Years ago I used to have my last meal of the day at 6 p.m. and went to bed at 10/11. Yes, I was hungry by then. But I resisted. I don't recommend being too hungry, though - this can make you sleep bad!
    * stay strong for a few nights. Your body will get used to it. In time, you'll get to having hard times falling asleep if you have a full tummy :wink:
    * if you do wake up hungry and cannot go back to sleep, eat healthy. Even a slice of cheese is OK. Or maybe a warm cup of milk. Some almonds, if that's enough. No sweets, though!

Learn to know your body. Listen to it, but make it also listen to your mind.
    Can't wait for the numbers on your side to grow :wink:

Thank you for this information! I will begin with these things tonight! Hugs to yoU!
  • jodilynn04
    jodilynn04 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Me: 15. LNS; 0

Tomorrow is the all nighter I spoke about! Wish me luck that I can resist snacking past the limit you guys suggested! I'll let you guys know how it goes! :D
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Me 8/LNS 6 Lost again. But I'll do better today.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    April seems like another lost cause for me, but I'm not giving up. We were in NYC for several days while my son and his girlfriend visited my parents in Fla. My husband and I babysat the doggies and had yet another mini-vacation. Of course, mfp went by the wayside, but at least we did a lot of walking.

I am actually going to be home for 3 weeks in a row and I'm glad about that. I don't think we've been home for a full week since mid-March. So, now I can try to get back on track here - I just can't do it when we're not home.

Well, here's the bad news:
    Me: 2
    LNS: 12
    I plan on inching back up and surpassing the LNS number!
    Have a good week-end everyone.
    Zaza
  • Shelle68
    Options
    Me 1 LNS 13 :(
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 7- LNS: 7
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Me: 12 ~ LNS: 2
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Me: 10 ~ LNS: 5

- 2 for me; 3 for them
    Shelle68... I always fall back on a banana (or half of one) if I wake up starving in the night. Maybe not the best, but I get right back to sleep. Haven't done that in a long time though...

jodilynn04... Show us what you got tomorrow!!

zaza54... I know it's tough not being home! Being aware of what's going on can be very important as well. Keep logging until you find away to get through the challenges. :happy:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Me 9/LNS 6
    Gotcha!
  • jodilynn04
    Options
    Checking in from the all nighter! You guys suggesyed my cut off be 3 and I was totally following that until someone shared their starburst with me as a thank you for giving them money for the pop machine. Does it count as LNS if I didnt think about it? Haha porbably so right? But I guess thats okay since Ive gone two and a half of no LNS. One slip up wont kill me.

Edit: They have doughnuts but I think Im going to either have an apple or nothing at all. Seema much more healthy.
  • jodilynn04
    Options
    Cant edit my post but I ended up having a doughnut anyway because they were out of fruit :(

Me:15. LNS: 1
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Me: 14

Going to a Cry Party -- I mean Goodbye Party -- tonight. It's for a former writing student of mine who is enlisting in the army. His girlfriend and sister, who are both also former students of mine and both now live out of state, will be there.

I will probably be crying too hard to manage to eat a dang thing.

Ugh - I'm starting now! =(
  • Shelle68
    Options
    Me 1 LNS 14