• elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    ditto.

but not for too long =)
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Sigle girl above me........send me a message!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    24 and single. Problem being I have a professional job and child and had to grow up much quicker than other people my age. Finding a person in my age range in the same position as me is a challenge in a little-big town.

I know what you mean. I'm 28 and don't have any kids, but nearly all my friends from high school and college are married now, and most of them have at least 1 kid, so my social circle is not what it used to be. Plus, I work a lot and lately have been traveling for work a lot, so I don't have the time or the inclination to hang out at bars and clubs like the single people I know who are my age.

I don't have a problem dating someone 5 to 10 years older as long as we're both headed in the same direction, and I actually find that men in the 33 to 38 age range are more responsible and far more interesting to talk with than guys in their late 20s, but those guys work all the time, too, so what's a girl to do?
  • bowsandmore13
    Options

I never understood people who cheat. I had multiple opportunities, with some rather attractive women (you'd be amazed at how many of those there are in the ownership/administration end of heavy construction). The trick to NOT doing it (human nature being what it is), was to completely avoid opportunity to have to choose yes or no. I turned down the dinner invitations, out of town meetings...etc...and if it was an invitation I couldn't get out of for business reasons, I invited my wife along. If she wasn't welcome...something came up and I didn't attend. There is always alcohol (sometimes large amounts when a prospective client keeps buying you drinks) and a relaxed atmosphere at those dinner meetings, and hotel rooms are far, far too convenient. No thanks...it was with her or not at all.

I could hug you for posting that :smile: I wish all men were like this!

Aww...thank you hun.
    ditto

And you too!

I'll tell you this much...I could certainly use the hug. Been a rough go this last while...lol.

Sometimes people cheat b/c they are so insecure w/ themselves... I have never cheated my conscience would definitely kick into overdrive.. But it actually disgust me.. And it disgust me more when guys say "I will never cheat on you" and then they do..NOT COOL.. But much gratitude for you for keeping the good guy role up b/c there aren't many out there and you should be happy.. :) HUGS for ya...
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Single and 41. Not an all bad life. :tongue:
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options

I never understood people who cheat. I had multiple opportunities, with some rather attractive women (you'd be amazed at how many of those there are in the ownership/administration end of heavy construction). The trick to NOT doing it (human nature being what it is), was to completely avoid opportunity to have to choose yes or no. I turned down the dinner invitations, out of town meetings...etc...and if it was an invitation I couldn't get out of for business reasons, I invited my wife along. If she wasn't welcome...something came up and I didn't attend. There is always alcohol (sometimes large amounts when a prospective client keeps buying you drinks) and a relaxed atmosphere at those dinner meetings, and hotel rooms are far, far too convenient. No thanks...it was with her or not at all.

I could hug you for posting that :smile: I wish all men were like this!

There are a good number of us guys that don't feel the need to cheat... just so you know

I know, but unfortunately there are too many who do. Girls too, I'm not letting us off the hook either.

So very true!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    24 and single. Problem being I have a professional job and child and had to grow up much quicker than other people my age. Finding a person in my age range in the same position as me is a challenge in a little-big town.

I know what you mean. I'm 28 and don't have any kids, but nearly all my friends from high school and college are married now, and most of them have at least 1 kid, so my social circle is not what it used to be. Plus, I work a lot and lately have been traveling for work a lot, so I don't have the time or the inclination to hang out at bars and clubs like the single people I know who are my age.

I don't have a problem dating someone 5 to 10 years older as long as we're both headed in the same direction, and I actually find that men in the 33 to 38 age range are more responsible and far more interesting to talk with than guys in their late 20s, but those guys work all the time, too, so what's a girl to do?

I also tend to lean towards the old men. My last two love interests were 8 years older than me. But we were both in the same place with our lives for the most part...
  • k1r5ty23
    k1r5ty23 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Single over here too...guess if it wasn't for my ex I wouldn't have been spurred on to get so healthy :-)
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    What's funny, is I usually date younger women (I'm 36). I'm not sure why. Most of the women I've found my age (not to offend anyone!!) just don't relate to the things I want in my life...or if they do...we're just incompatible for whatever reason. I think it's mostly because the ones I've met have been through the ringer with idiots so many times they're unwilling to 'give' and 'take' anymore. They want too much 'space' and 'me' time...which is OK!! It's just not what I'm looking for. I like 'closeness' and 'we' time, I guess. As a matter of fact...I'm almost positive that's it. I've found the 24-30 range is where I'm most comfortable...but it takes a special woman in that age group to really 'click' with.

Kinda sucks =/.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Single here in Michigan!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I'm single.
    And this thread it about to roll.
    :bigsmile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I'm single.
    And this thread it about to roll.
    :bigsmile:

Maybe now?
  • bowsandmore13
    Options
    What's funny, is I usually date younger women (I'm 36). I'm not sure why. Most of the women I've found my age (not to offend anyone!!) just don't relate to the things I want in my life...or if they do...we're just incompatible for whatever reason. I think it's mostly because the ones I've met have been through the ringer with idiots so many times they're unwilling to 'give' and 'take' anymore. They want too much 'space' and 'me' time...which is OK!! It's just not what I'm looking for. I like 'closeness' and 'we' time, I guess. As a matter of fact...I'm almost positive that's it. I've found the 24-30 range is where I'm most comfortable...but it takes a special woman in that age group to really 'click' with.

Kinda sucks =/.

I've never dated anyone YOUNGER then me..I guess its a personal preference..I look at it is age is just a number its how you vibe with a person and how well you can "click" as you said with that person.. But I find DO NOT TAKE THIS PERSONALLY YOUNG GUYS that sometimes there is a huge maturity issue.. That's just my opinion though and I have yet to be proven wrong.. :) I'm 28 so I'm in the middle on the whole age thing :)
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I consider myself single. Does that count? LOL
  • kimziebaby
    kimziebaby Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    singleee. :)
  • karlz87
    karlz87 Posts: 37
    Options
    me! :tongue:
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Wow.. Where was this thread all the time??

If I raise both my hands can I be considered REALLY single?? lol