Postnatal- April 2011

Options

Replies

• jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    :happy: I can't wait to join you guys. I only have a couple of weeks left.
  • peanutrenee
    peanutrenee Posts: 179
    Options
    i have 5 weeks to go, its killing me. im in so much pain. shes moving around non stop i cant sit up all the way... rolling over is the hardest thing on earth.. but i found the joy of doing kbell again.. lol
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jillian and Renee, there is a prenatal thread on here as well which a lot of those girls are begining to transition from that group to this. We all got so close during our pregnancies that we wanted to continue on hence this thread. I just had my third child Brooklynn on 4-1 so I am just over a week postnatal. If you want to check out the prenatal here is the link, the girls there are awesome!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/215398-pregnancy-2011-april?page=2#posts-2844207
  • crythreetears
    crythreetears Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I gave my baby an eviction notice, and guess what! He came exactly on his due date, GOOD BOY!! LOL
  • Tiffeney
    Tiffeney Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    All three of my baby were late ! I was induced everytime :sad: I wish I knew what it was like to go into labor at home or on my own. With that being said I am done having kids and will never know !:drinker: :drinker:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    All three of my baby were late ! I was induced everytime :sad: I wish I knew what it was like to go into labor at home or on my own. With that being said I am done having kids and will never know !:drinker: :drinker:

My first came at 37 weeks 2 days after 9 weeks of bedrest and medication for preterm labor. My second came at 38 weeks 3 day after 6 weeks of bedrest for premature labor and my newborn came at 38 weeks 5 days after 12 weeks bedrest and some medication for premature labor and 4 weeks of prodromal labor.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Feed baby before you go somewhere (even if it will make you a little late) and then if she needs to be fed out then feed her :). Haha, well the first baby I would go to the car, second I would use a blanket and this one I can do it descretely. I wear a spaghetti strap shirt under my shirts so I can pull the top shirt up and my belly is stilkl covered by the spaghetti strap. My kids usually stop nursing in public fast tho, they are always more interrested in whats around. sorry for the typos, feeding my baby now so its onehanded.

I have to do that with my bottle fed baby. Man if I don't feed him and he wakes up in the car he panicks. And yes I started driving only 1 week out, I had to get back to my life and my little 8 yr old needed his mommy to get back on schedule. His behavior is very effected by changes in his routine.

Well my eating was rough yesterday. I ate mexican with my sister. She's been having a rough time at work. I was glad to go see her and Logan got his first trip to a restaurant. He fought his sleep the whole time. Then we had to stop by my "miserable" SIL's to feed and change him. I almost drove by, but he was so upset and our house was another 45 mins down the road. So mommy took some punches for Logan's sake. She is the one that had teh baby 3 weeks before me. She is one of the mom's that compare's everything. She does the same thing with my son and her daughter who are 3 months apart.

Anyway, she comments when I walk in that her son is so much bigger than Logan. HELLO, I hope so he is 3 weeks older, but in reality they weigh the same thing. LOL I don't think she said 1 positive thing the whole time we were there. Logan peed on her changing table and when she left the room finished pooping on it.....I have a bad habit of wanting to change him too quick when he hasn't finished. Oh well...:wink: I did clean it up before she got back, glad the fabric cover wasn't on it.

So I think dealing with that led to a mini binge last night with Jelly Belly's....It made me sick with sugar that I couldn't even eat dinner.

I'm changing my weigh in days to Wednesday. I'm going to try and stay off the scale daily, maybe every other day. If I don't remind myself what food does to me, I usually over eat.
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be apart of this. My son is 2 months old and I've been getting back on track. Been walking on the treadmil and getting a workout when i can. I have 5 kids...7, 5(soon to be 6), 4, 17 months and 2 months. After my 3rd was born, I weighed close to 300lbs. Went to Weight Watchers and lost 150lbs! Then got pregnant with my 4th and when he was 6 months old, I found out that i was pregnant again! So after Mason was born in Feb, we said "No more" and I said "No more to this awful weight". My goal this month is to walk 60 miles and I vow by summer to run a 5K. :smile:
  • switcandy
    Options
    Hi everyone!i am battling postnatal weight but sadly for me i had a stillbirth and i want to lose weight before i try again soon.I gave birth in February and i had gained 45 pounds!I've now lost 20 and still have a long way to go,i don't know when i should try again for a baby and I'm kinda worried it could happen again...in short psychologically I'm a mess but i want to this so much!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!i am battling postnatal weight but sadly for me i had a stillbirth and i want to lose weight before i try again soon.I gave birth in February and i had gained 45 pounds!I've now lost 20 and still have a long way to go,i don't know when i should try again for a baby and I'm kinda worried it could happen again...in short psychologically I'm a mess but i want to this so much!

Oh my goodness, my heart breaks for you :cry:

Welcome, we're happy to have you :flowerforyou:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Feed baby before you go somewhere (even if it will make you a little late) and then if she needs to be fed out then feed her :). Haha, well the first baby I would go to the car, second I would use a blanket and this one I can do it descretely. I wear a spaghetti strap shirt under my shirts so I can pull the top shirt up and my belly is stilkl covered by the spaghetti strap. My kids usually stop nursing in public fast tho, they are always more interrested in whats around. sorry for the typos, feeding my baby now so its onehanded.

I have to do that with my bottle fed baby. Man if I don't feed him and he wakes up in the car he panicks. And yes I started driving only 1 week out, I had to get back to my life and my little 8 yr old needed his mommy to get back on schedule. His behavior is very effected by changes in his routine.

Well my eating was rough yesterday. I ate mexican with my sister. She's been having a rough time at work. I was glad to go see her and Logan got his first trip to a restaurant. He fought his sleep the whole time. Then we had to stop by my "miserable" SIL's to feed and change him. I almost drove by, but he was so upset and our house was another 45 mins down the road. So mommy took some punches for Logan's sake. She is the one that had teh baby 3 weeks before me. She is one of the mom's that compare's everything. She does the same thing with my son and her daughter who are 3 months apart.

Anyway, she comments when I walk in that her son is so much bigger than Logan. HELLO, I hope so he is 3 weeks older, but in reality they weigh the same thing. LOL I don't think she said 1 positive thing the whole time we were there. Logan peed on her changing table and when she left the room finished pooping on it.....I have a bad habit of wanting to change him too quick when he hasn't finished. Oh well...:wink: I did clean it up before she got back, glad the fabric cover wasn't on it.

So I think dealing with that led to a mini binge last night with Jelly Belly's....It made me sick with sugar that I couldn't even eat dinner.

I'm changing my weigh in days to Wednesday. I'm going to try and stay off the scale daily, maybe every other day. If I don't remind myself what food does to me, I usually over eat.

Go Logan he knows :laugh: just avoid/ignore her she has issues obviously. How are your baby blues? I love jelly bellys took the kids on a trip to the factory last year
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    I'd love to be apart of this. My son is 2 months old and I've been getting back on track. Been walking on the treadmil and getting a workout when i can. I have 5 kids...7, 5(soon to be 6), 4, 17 months and 2 months. After my 3rd was born, I weighed close to 300lbs. Went to Weight Watchers and lost 150lbs! Then got pregnant with my 4th and when he was 6 months old, I found out that i was pregnant again! So after Mason was born in Feb, we said "No more" and I said "No more to this awful weight". My goal this month is to walk 60 miles and I vow by summer to run a 5K. :smile:

welcome
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options

welcome, sorry for your loss. I have had a couple of miscarriages and I could not imagine your pain. I am here if you need an ear
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    My baby girl is 10 weeks now...I'm raedy to shed 40 pounds now. I'm in! I'm finding counting calories is much easier than exercising. She takes up so much time that I'm having difficulties finding the time to exercise. :-( Any suggestions?
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    My baby girl is 10 weeks now...I'm raedy to shed 40 pounds now. I'm in! I'm finding counting calories is much easier than exercising. She takes up so much time that I'm having difficulties finding the time to exercise. :-( Any suggestions?

Definately count calories, we take a walk as a family after dinner. My newborn is almost 2 weeks old and she loves the outdoors, sometimes she is in a stroller, others she is in her kangaroo pouch or being carried. She never cries when we are out walking so it is a super easy way to get exercise in. Also it helps clear your mind when you are out in the fresh air.
  • Tiffeney
    Tiffeney Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    :frown:
    I feel for you with all my heart ! One of my best friend is having trouble staying prego and all it seem to her is everyone pop them out so easy BUT her. I will keep you & her in my prayers !
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Happy Friday ladies! today my baby girl is 2 weeks old, time is going by so quickly :cry: 4 more weeks and it is back to work for me. What is everyone doing this weekend?
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to get to spring cleaning and getting things organized here. Last weekend, my hubby went to youth camp with our church and I was home here with all 5 by myself! Anyhow, still playing catch up with everything. Going back to work in a couple of weeks and not looking forward to it. :sad:
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday ladies! today my baby girl is 2 weeks old, time is going by so quickly :cry: 4 more weeks and it is back to work for me. What is everyone doing this weekend?

Know how you feel. I've been back to work 2 weeks ago. Its hard! Plus the whole figuring out a schedule with work, family, and yourself for me gets a little difficult. My husband works pretty late. Next week I'm going to try to wake up a little earlier to work out in the morning before work and while my husband feeds our baby. :ohwell:
  • hazelbliss6
    hazelbliss6 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My son was born febuary 23rd, he's 7 weeks now and although i started working out in week 4 i wasn't getting much progress. I'm hoping using MFP will help me out of my plataue. I will be starting a boot-camp excercise program on May 2nd to jump start my progress again. Hopefully that with the support here will get me back on track :)

Pre-preg weight: 158
    SW after baby: 191
    SW w/ MFP: 188
    CW - 187

1st goal: 165 by August 30th
    2nd goal: 150 by Christmas '11