Replies

• Maxylicious
    Maxylicious Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kiki_ac
    kiki_ac Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    HI everyone. My name is Kiana and I am so ready to start the PUSH YOURSELF Challenge! Have an awesome week, have fun and be safe!

Kiana
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    So excited to do this, I have pushed myself over the last 4 days just to get in gear for this. I will be getting the 30 day shred dvd in the mail today and the indoor walking dvd's just in case there is a day I can't go to gym. Good luck to everyone.

I'm sort of interested in the walking dvds. I've never really looked for them at Wal-Mart (I've always kept my eye on the dancing ones lol, even though I can't dance). I never got a workout dvd, either. What do you do with the walking one? (walk of course:laugh:) But do you have to have a certain amount of space?

You don't need to much space, just move the coffee table if needed. Some are free On Demand if you have comcast.

I've been on MFP since March 09. Lost 17lbs., then pregnant with baby #2. Who will be a year soon. Started the 30 Day Shred today. 7 glasses of water in and it's just past lunch. Hope to get on my gazelle when my husband gets home!
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Double post. Oops! :laugh:
  • conkelv
    conkelv Posts: 7
    Options
    I am very excited to do this. I am lucky that I have a supportive co-worker who is also on mfp and is also ready to be challenge. :flowerforyou:
  • Ampierce
    Ampierce Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    :wink: HI everyone. My name is Amanda and I am ready to start the PUSH YOURSELF Challenge! I hope to get to know you all over the next 6 weeks
  • jodik11
    jodik11 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Please add me to the challenge! I'm ready to be motivated :)
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I was just looking at my workout schedule for this week, specifically cardio. On just cardio, as long as I do everything it says, I'll have racked up 410 minutes. That's above and beyond. I'm excited about that. :)
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    hi all, im stephanie. i have just completed my first round of p90x. im doing this challenge to keep me in line for round 2. Today i worked out to turbo jam cardio party and ab jam. so today i have logged 68 minutes of cardio. Still working on my water , i work night shift so i have my water bottle ready for work tonight. 4/8 glasses down.
  • ricnrac
    ricnrac Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Ready to go!! I weighed in this morning at 204.6 and I will take measurements before bed tonight. Got in about 4 glasses of water so far so have to really push and get the other 4 in before bed. My exercise PLAN is as follows:
    20 minutes cardio (Biggest Loser DVDs)- 6am
    10 minutes cardio and 10 minutes strength during work
    60 minutes walking 3.5-4mph evenings 6pm

I plan to do that everyday. That would be a total of 100 minutes per day so if I miss something, I am well covered for my 350 minutes. I am going to really PUSH myself and hopefully make a habit of all of this exercise.

Good luck everyone!
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm really excited about this challenge but I'm already letting myself make excuses to not exercise so I know I'm really going to have to push myself in these next 6 weeks (no pun intended lol). I was going to run tonight but severe storms and tornado warning are going to hit right about the time I get out of class so I'm going to have to do a DVD at home instead. I've got another major test this week and a lot of homework over the next 2 weeks so I'm going to need some major motivation to make it through. The water won't be too hard for me, although I have been slacking lately. Here is my plan for this week:

Monday - DVD (30 min)
    Tuesday - C25k & DVD (60 min)
    Wednesday - C25k (30 min)
    Thursday - rest day
    Friday - C25k & DVD (60 min)
    Saturday - C25k, arms and back, rowing (90 min)
    Sunday - C25k, legs and abs, rowing (90 min)
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    A DVD workout is still a workout. So you don't get to run tonight because of storms. Do the DVD, get a workout in, and be proud that you did it and got it done. PUSH YOURSELF and I know you can! You know I will push you all the way! :wink:
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    First day 50 min of cardio and 30 min of weight training for 678 cals burned. :)))
    Getting after it for the first day!
    Love your challenge. I feel stronger already.

Water isn't really an issue for me as I drink a gallon a day. :) I'm with your daughter... clear pee
  • keryn92
    keryn92 Posts: 9
    Options
    Day One is over!
    I burned 453 calories durning 15 minutes of strength training and 26 minutes of cardio
    I drank over 8 glasses of water today!! Yay!!
    weigh in tomorrow
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Hey gang.....so I am ready to Push Myself off this plateau that I feel like I have been stuck on and finally lose these last 10 to 15 pounds and tone up! I plan to mix things up from day to day depending on the weather and my work schedule.

For today's cardio, I logged 30 minutes on the elliptical and another 30 minutes with my daily walk to/from work.
    For strength training, had my 60 minutes circuit training/strength training class. Pushed myself to add about 10 pounds on each machine even if it was for only a few reps. I was every good and took along a bottle of water and actually drank it! Oh and I got my 8 glasses in which is astounding for me!

Good luck everyone!!
    Jenn
  • mfultz0429
    mfultz0429 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am in, I want to meet some weight-loss goals instead of the yo-yo thing I have been doing. Do I have to weigh in weekly? Or just check in? I am coming off a Biggest Loser contest and ready to chuck the scale for a while!

Good luck to all!:wink:
  • MoM2LayLa09
    MoM2LayLa09 Posts: 152
    Options
    DAY 1

Couldn't make it to the gym so I found a workout video on Netflix

40min

9 glasses of water ( and counting )

: )
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    @ mufltz0429 I will message you with the link to the original post with the rules and I will add you to our roster!

Here is my day one results! (disclaimer to those who don't know me well yet, I said I was going to push myself harder than ever before! I normally work out 60-90 minutes every day. So don't be too surprised with what I am pushing myself to do!)

I have had 18 glasses of water to drink but I normally drink right around that, so that part accomplished for the day!

I did 45 minutes on the elliptical, this morning, and per my heart rate monitor burned 698 calories
    I did a 30 minute walk with the dog this afternoon and per my heart rate monitor burned 367 calories
    I did 20 minutes of circuit strength training before my kettle bell class and per my heart rate monitor burned 200 calories
    I did a 40 minute kettle bell class and per my hear rate monitor burned 617 calories

So that is 135 minutes. 20 strength, 85 cardio, and 30 minutes other.

Fantastic day everyone who has reported in today! I am feeding off of the enthusiasm you are all showing towards this challenge!
  • rhonda1981
    rhonda1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone-
    Day 1 is complete. I actually did 60 minutes of strength training and 50 minutes of treadmill
    473 calories
    Sort of sad because it was lower than I wanted. I got to kick it up tomorrow.
    I drank my water too...only 6 glasses.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Here is my results for day one, week one.
    - I did 30 minutes of 3.0 walking and according to MFP burned 130 calories.
    - I did a Fitness magazine walk, doing 3.0, 3.6, and 3.7 speeds. That lasted 45 minutes and according to my treadmill, I burned 319 calories.
    - My strength training lasted 10 minutes, if not more, but I counted it as 10. According to MFP, I burned 38 calories.
    - I did get in 8 glasses of water.
    Total: 75 minutes. 65 minutes is cardio and 10 minutes is strength.

chickadee's weekly progress:
    Total Minutes: 75
    Cardio Minutes: 65
    Strength Minutes: 10
    Water: 8 glasses