6 week PUSH YOURSELF challenge, WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    started spring cleaning today. no where close to being done, but i got the messiest room done.. my sons room. also did legs and back plus ab jam.

8 glasses of water today. been to the bathroom alot lately, but can tell the water is helping.

total number of exercise 356.
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    27min. shred and 30min. walking = 57 minutes done today. 10 8oz glassses of water. Loaded and unloaded 20 bags of mulch. Can't wait to put it in the yard ,we need color!
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    So, a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday update:

Wednesday I did a run on the treadmill for 45 minutes and burned 476 calories.
    Thursday I did farm work for 4 hours. I plan on only counting this for 60 minutes, and since I didn't bring my HRM, I am counting it as 600 calories this week.
    Unfortunately, today (Friday), I could barely walk. It hurts so much to even move. I took the day off, which means I will need to push myself the rest of the week.

Time total so far: 200 minutes
    Calories so far: 2044

Oh, I only got in about 6 glasses yesterday, but I am up to 7 today already and it's only 6 p.m. here.
    I know you can meet the strength and cardio goal! You got this. :)
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Here is my results for day five, week one.
    - I did 20 minutes of 3.0 walking outside and according to MFP, I burned 130 calories.
    - I cleaned for an hour, and according to MFP, I burned 164 calories.
    - I did a Fitness magazine walk, doing intervals of 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, and 5.0. That lasted 20 minutes and according to my treadmill, I burned 181. I felt like I burned more, because I was sweating like crazy.
    - My strength training lasted about 5 minutes. According to MFP, I burned 19 calories.
    - I did get in 8 glasses of water.
    Total: 105 minutes. 40 minutes is cardio and 65 minutes is strength.

chickadee's week one progress:
    Total Minutes: 419
    Cardio Minutes: 305
    Strength Minutes: 104
    Water: 41 glasses

I counted cleaning as strength. It was mainly scrubbing and sweeping.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I have met my strength goal, my cardio goal, and my total goal for exercise. And I've still got two days to go. hehe :)
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Evening ...

87 minutes run (6.2 miles) burn 1473 calories :)

Back to the game -- I took Wednesday as my usual rest day and then ended up with a educational dinner to attend on Thursday.
    My plan is P90X tomorrow morning, and then an 11 mile run on Sunday!

Total exercise minutes : 241
    Total calories burned: 3340
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Stress does a number on your body! So relieved they FINALLY passed the budget. Deep deep breath.:bigsmile:

Day 5
    Cardio = 68 mins
    Running outside - 18 mins
    Wii Fit Free Step - 20 mins
    Wii Fit Advanced Step - 10 mins
    Walking/Jogging pushing stroller with children - 20 mins

Other = 26 mins
    wii yoga - 26 mins

Week totals: 277 mins/cardio; 98 mins/strength; 120 mins/Other = 525 minutes

Happy Weekend!
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I have met my strength goal, my cardio goal, and my total goal for exercise. And I've still got two days to go. hehe :)

WAY TO GET IT DONE! FANTASTIC
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Stress does a number on your body! So relieved they FINALLY passed the budget. Deep deep breath.:bigsmile:

Day 5
    Cardio = 68 mins
    Running outside - 18 mins
    Wii Fit Free Step - 20 mins
    Wii Fit Advanced Step - 10 mins
    Walking/Jogging pushing stroller with children - 20 mins

Other = 26 mins
    wii yoga - 26 mins

Week totals: 277 mins/cardio; 98 mins/strength; 120 mins/Other = 525 minutes

Happy Weekend!

Fantastic to you too! You have met your requirements and anything this weekend is way above and beyond plus no more stress. Great job
  • jeanaustin
    jeanaustin Posts: 101
    Options
    I'm posting my totals for the week so far. I've been neglecting my posts for the last few days - sorry! I need to figure out how to keep on schedule with my workouts and eating healthy because I'll be going to a conference for work tomorrow (sunday) through Tuesday.

**My big pushes: I'm so happy that I did 30 min of consecutive running for the first time in my life - YAY! - and that I have been doing a lot Strength training - another YAY!! I'm also down to 144.4 this week so I get my next mini-reward which is a MASSAGE! I'll see if I can book that today. :)

**Need to do better: On my second run this week I was only able to run 20 minutes, but I tried to make up for it by walking 48 minutes. During my walking a pushed myself to run as fast as I could for 40 seconds 4 times. So that was good, but not as good as just running the full 30 minutes.

**My goal: To run a 5K in 30 minutes on 4/23. I signed up for the 5K just last night with my boyfriend, so it's official!!!

Mon, 4/4 - 5 min warm-up on bike + 60 minutes of Strength Training - Lower Body (11 cups water)
    Tues, 4/5 - 30 minutes running + 14 minutes walking (10 cups water)
    Wed, 4/6 - 5 min warm-up on bike + 60 minutes of Strength Training - Upper Body (11 cups water)
    Thurs, 4/7 - 20 minutes running + 48 minutes walking (13 cups water)
    Fri, 4/8 - 5 min warm-up on bike + 60 minutes of Strength Training - Lower Body (10 cups water)
    Sat, 4/9 - tbd
    Sun, 4/10 - tbd

Cardio: 127 minutes ((Even though I'm 37 min over, I feel like this is the least amount of cardio I've done lately))
    Strength: 180 minutes ((YAY! 150 min over the challenge goal. This is the MOST strength training I've done lately))
    Water: 55 cups of water

My total minutes are 307 and I can't remember but I think I'm under so far but I have 2 more days for this week. I think I'm supposed to be doing 350 minutes since I don't have a HRM. Is that right?
  • rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bump for Sunday
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Totals for the week so far
    Cardio- 212 minutes
    Strength- 51 minutes
    Other- 42 minutes
    Total - 305 minutes, I will be doing either a DVD or a walk this evening and a good workout in the morning and that will put me above my challenge goals:)
    Got my water in every day this week also:)
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Although it Sat Im reporting in:

345 Min of cardio, mostly Yoga, elliptical and rowing

20 mins of weights (as you can see I dont love weight training)

But what do I call Yoga, cardio or strength, I think its both???? Also rowing I think is both because its a lot of upper arm work :)

Let me know what you think Tracie...also I should be getting my new HRM any day now!!!
  • Mchavez2018
    Mchavez2018 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i want to join. where can i get that exercise ticker. ?
    thanks!
  • Kforest0714
    Kforest0714 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Im ready...weighed in Friday at 192. Cant wait to see the results. Got me an exercise ticker set for 350 minutes.
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    i want to join. where can i get that exercise ticker. ?
    thanks!

You can get one at tickerfactory.com
  • BRFMcKay
    BRFMcKay Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Saturday check-in:
    Running: 30 minutes
    Biking: 30 minutes
    Stretching: 15 minutes
    Weight machines: 15 minutes

Saturday totals: 90 minutes and 811 calories (my HMR said so.)

Time total so far: 290 minutes
    Calories so far: 2855
    Strength: 45 minutes
  • MoM2LayLa09
    MoM2LayLa09 Posts: 152
    Options
    Day 6

Whew! After I got out of class late today I thought my whole week was shot, thought I would never be able to get to the goal of 350 minutes but I have! By 1 minute lol

Walked around the zoo for 45 minutes
    Yard work for 60 minutes ( very vigorous) I was sweating and panting like crazy lol

total for the week - 351
    strength training - 15 ( i'll do the other 15 tomorrow! )

total water - 54 glasses

HOPE EVERYONE ELSE HAS HAD A GOOD WEEK !! ONE MORE DAY THEN ON TO WEEK 2!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Here is my results for day six, week one.
    - I did 20 minutes of 3.0 walking outside and according to MFP, I burned 130 calories.
    - I cleaned for an hour again and according to MFP, I burned 164 calories.
    - My strength training lasted for 1 minute. According to MFP, I burned 4 calories.
    - I did get in 8 glasses of water.
    Total: 81 minutes. 80 minutes is cardio and 1 minutes is strength.

chickadee's week one progress:
    Total Minutes: 500
    Cardio Minutes: 385
    Strength Minutes: 105
    Water: 49 glasses

I counted cleaning as cardio today. I was lifting/moving things.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    My calorie burn won't be as high as I thought it might this week because I didn't get to go to Zumba today. :( Oh, well, I guess. I'm going by minutes, not calories. But I thought that I might be able to meet both.