6 week PUSH YOURSELF challenge, WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Day 6

Today was a walking day! Went to the zoo and walked/pushed the stroller for over FOUR hours - only counting half for our purposes as it just didn't feel like a work out. This is the day after my RA infusion and normally I'm pretty exhausted...I'm quite happy that I could keep up with the little ones today!! I'm SURE that the exercise all week long helped! (thank you, Tracy)

Other: 120 mins Walking outside

Week totals: 277 mins/cardio; 98 mins/strength; 120 mins/Other = 705 minutes

Also, I've neglected posting that I have indeed drank at least 8 cups of water every day!!!

Night all!
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options

Here is my day one results! (disclaimer to those who don't know me well yet, I said I was going to push myself harder than ever before! I normally work out 60-90 minutes every day. So don't be too surprised with what I am pushing myself to do!)

I have had 18 glasses of water to drink but I normally drink right around that, so that part accomplished for the day!

I did 45 minutes on the elliptical, this morning, and per my heart rate monitor burned 698 calories
    I did a 30 minute walk with the dog this afternoon and per my heart rate monitor burned 367 calories
    I did 20 minutes of circuit strength training before my kettle bell class and per my heart rate monitor burned 200 calories
    I did a 40 minute kettle bell class and per my hear rate monitor burned 617 calories

So that is 135 minutes. 20 strength, 85 cardio, and 30 minutes other.

Fantastic day everyone who has reported in today! I am feeding off of the enthusiasm you are all showing towards this challenge!

My results for Tuesday,

35 minutes on the elliptical this morning, burned, per my HRM, 525 calories
    88 minutes of walking the dog during three different walks, burned, per my HRM, 896 calories
    68 minutes of circuit strength training and right into a muscle pump class, burned, per my HRM, 769 calories

Just finished my 18th, 8 oz, glass of water

So, I have met the "minimum" requirement of cardio and strenght but I promise you all there will be more this week.

You are all doing FANTASTIC! I hope you are all proud of yourselves. You are working on a better you by PUSHING YOURSELVES!

My results for Wednesday: (going a little lighter today to recuperate a little bit)

30 minutes of walking the dog burned, per my HRM, 300 calories
    35 minutes of circuit training, (11 minutes cardio, 34 minutes strength training) burned, per my HRM 423 calories

I am at 9 glasses of water but it isn't even noon so I fully expect I will get in the 18 that I ususally do

Hope your Wednesday is going good and you are working the challenge!

Hi to all, happy Thursday and those who have reported, fantastic, way to get it done!

My Thursday results are as follows

30 minute walk/run intervals this morning burned, per my HRM, 350 calories
    15 minutes of roller skating after that burned, per my HRM, 189 calories
    28 minutes on the stationary bicycle burned, per my HRM, 326 calories
    45 minute kettlebell class burned, per my HRM, 701 calories (she kicked our boo-tays tonight)

I have had 18 glasses of water but I think I will get in more because I am still parched after that kettlebell class

WORK IT EVERYONE! Great, great job!

My Friday results are as follow

40 minutes of running walking burned, per my HRM, 610 calories (actually I would run 4 minutes, walk 1 minute, and hula hoop for one minute. Did these intervals for 40 minutes.)
    30 minutes of roller skating burned, per my HRM, 360 calories
    40 minutes of a stretch & strength class burned, per my HRM, 389 calories

I have had 13 glasses of water, so far, but there is a lot of day left and that is pretty much all I drink.

We are two days away from Sunday and I have to say I am getting very excited to hear from EVERYONE and see the results of those that have not posted anything yet. I sincerely hope you are all working it and have kept the challenge alive within yourselves.

Saturday results for me!

35 minutes on the elliptical, this morning, burned, per my HRM, 573 calories
    20 minutes walking the dog, this afternoon, burned, per my HRM, 220 calories

I also walked all over the mall, on a mission, with my daughter, tonight, to find a pair of boots. No luck on the boots and had to end up going online to Zappos, but I am not logging all of that walking we did, 1 hour 45 minutes, because it is not necessary for me, and it was a lot of stopping, walking, stopping, walking, but we had our heart rates going when we were moving.

One more day until reporting in is mandatory and I am sooooooooooooooo excited to see everyone's results for the week.
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    had a great day today. spent the day with hubby. Went to a used book store that also sells games, found Your Shape-Jenny McCarty by wii. The price just made it too tempting. Im so keeping it , in 45 mins burned 701 calories.

Got my 8 glasses in.

Total Mins 401
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    @ jeanaustin - yay for everything that you have done! You are over on the strength and cardio and you only have 43 minutes left to be at the minimum for minutes. You have worked it this week, way to get it done. Water is SUPER FANTASTIC too!

@ jsteras - Awesome! You have worked it this week too and will have absolutely no problem being at your minutes by Sunday! Again, super fantastic with the water!

@ katiejarr - The only yoga moves that I have ever done would be considered strength. Are there moves that you have you moving and making your heart rate go up? If so then yes, it would be a combination of both. Also, yes, I would consider rowing a combination of both as well. You are strengthing your arms, certainly, and you have your heart rate pumping. When you have your HRM it will be a lot easier to tell. For instance, I have my HRM set at 100 BPM for lowest and 140 BPM for highest. So, if it is under 100 BPM it is not cardio. During my stretch & strength class, yesterday, my heart rate never got above 93 so that whole class was only strength training. But, fantastic with what you have done. You will make week one a success as well.

@ mhorvatich1 - Welcome to our challenge. We will be completing week one on Sunday, tomorrow, so you can just pick up with us for week 2 and it will be a five week challenge for you. Here is the link to the original post so you can read up on what our requirements are. I will start a new thread, entitled week 2, on Monday morning.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/205120-6-week-push-yourself-challenge?page=3#posts-2773580

@ Wonder_Vegan - Way to go, you are right on track! Fantastic job! Week one will be a win for you too!

@ MoM2LayLa09 - I knew you had it in you and that you would get something done today and tomorrow to finish out the week with a win. Great job.

@ chickadee2010 - Way to go girl, you are doing a great job this week and staying consistent every day. You have already met your requirements for minutes for the week! How about water?

@ sherrillg - You and Mom2LayLa09 both did a day at the zoo today! I am looking forward to doing that in the near future! Wow you rocked your minutes this week and are finishing out week one so strong. Way to go! You have done great with the water too.

Great job one and all that have reported their stats! We will see about the rest of the group tomorrow.
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    had a great day today. spent the day with hubby. Went to a used book store that also sells games, found Your Shape-Jenny McCarty by wii. The price just made it too tempting. Im so keeping it , in 45 mins burned 701 calories.

Got my 8 glasses in.

Total Mins 401

Sorry Syd1980 you must have been typing at the same time as me! WOW, great burn with that Jenny McCarty wii tonight. (I have never heard of it!) Great job and great with the water too! Glad that the day was such a good one!
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    @ chickadee2010 - Way to go girl, you are doing a great job this week and staying consistent every day. You have already met your requirements for minutes for the week! How about water?

Thank you very much! :) My water's posted too. I've gotten in 8 every day, and once I got in 9.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, just wanted to be honest I started out strong and had a little trouble towards the end of the week, however I worked out harder than ever, tried to drink my water and eat better...all in all I lost 2 lbs. I also ran a few more times than I normal ! that was a plus for me :) Next week will be better you will see .
  • Kforest0714
    Kforest0714 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I lost 4.4 pounds...woo hoo! I drank at least 8 glasses a day and completed my 350 min.of exercise. I love this challenge...im so motivated!!!
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I lost 4.4 pounds...woo hoo! I drank at least 8 glasses a day and completed my 350 min.of exercise. I love this challenge...im so motivated!!!
    Look at you go!
  • NanoReefDiver
    Options
    Week 1 (April: 4th-10th)

Cardio Minutes: Zumba Wii (161); Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (45) = 206

Strength Training Minutes: 30 Day Shred ; No More Trouble Zones (44) = 44

Total: 250 Minutes; Left to go: 110

Water is a-okay. Life got busy this week but I plan to finish off the rest of the minutes today!
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Totals for week 1:
    Cardio- 242 minutes
    Strength- 59 minutes
    Other- 52 minutes
    Grand Total- 353 minutes- 3929 total calories burnt
    WOO HOO!! Love This Challenge:)
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Those that have reported in, thus far, woo hoo, WOW, you all really did a great job this week! I can not even tell you how fantastic that is and that you should be so very PROUD of yourselves. Way to go.
  • NanoReefDiver
    Options
    Just finished this week's quota!!

Week 1 (April: 4th-10th)
    Cardio Minutes: Zumba Wii (228); Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (45) = 273
    Strength Training Minutes: No More Trouble Zones (88) = 88
    Total: 361 Minutes; Left to go: 0

Feeling real good right now :bigsmile:
  • TracieJ65
    Options

Here is my day one results! (disclaimer to those who don't know me well yet, I said I was going to push myself harder than ever before! I normally work out 60-90 minutes every day. So don't be too surprised with what I am pushing myself to do!)

I have had 18 glasses of water to drink but I normally drink right around that, so that part accomplished for the day!

I did 45 minutes on the elliptical, this morning, and per my heart rate monitor burned 698 calories
    I did a 30 minute walk with the dog this afternoon and per my heart rate monitor burned 367 calories
    I did 20 minutes of circuit strength training before my kettle bell class and per my heart rate monitor burned 200 calories
    I did a 40 minute kettle bell class and per my hear rate monitor burned 617 calories

So that is 135 minutes. 20 strength, 85 cardio, and 30 minutes other.

Fantastic day everyone who has reported in today! I am feeding off of the enthusiasm you are all showing towards this challenge!

My results for Tuesday,

35 minutes on the elliptical this morning, burned, per my HRM, 525 calories
    88 minutes of walking the dog during three different walks, burned, per my HRM, 896 calories
    68 minutes of circuit strength training and right into a muscle pump class, burned, per my HRM, 769 calories

Just finished my 18th, 8 oz, glass of water

So, I have met the "minimum" requirement of cardio and strenght but I promise you all there will be more this week.

You are all doing FANTASTIC! I hope you are all proud of yourselves. You are working on a better you by PUSHING YOURSELVES!

My results for Wednesday: (going a little lighter today to recuperate a little bit)

30 minutes of walking the dog burned, per my HRM, 300 calories
    35 minutes of circuit training, (11 minutes cardio, 34 minutes strength training) burned, per my HRM 423 calories

I am at 9 glasses of water but it isn't even noon so I fully expect I will get in the 18 that I ususally do

Hope your Wednesday is going good and you are working the challenge!

Hi to all, happy Thursday and those who have reported, fantastic, way to get it done!

My Thursday results are as follows

30 minute walk/run intervals this morning burned, per my HRM, 350 calories
    15 minutes of roller skating after that burned, per my HRM, 189 calories
    28 minutes on the stationary bicycle burned, per my HRM, 326 calories
    45 minute kettlebell class burned, per my HRM, 701 calories (she kicked our boo-tays tonight)

I have had 18 glasses of water but I think I will get in more because I am still parched after that kettlebell class

WORK IT EVERYONE! Great, great job!

My Friday results are as follow

40 minutes of running walking burned, per my HRM, 610 calories (actually I would run 4 minutes, walk 1 minute, and hula hoop for one minute. Did these intervals for 40 minutes.)
    30 minutes of roller skating burned, per my HRM, 360 calories
    40 minutes of a stretch & strength class burned, per my HRM, 389 calories

I have had 13 glasses of water, so far, but there is a lot of day left and that is pretty much all I drink.

We are two days away from Sunday and I have to say I am getting very excited to hear from EVERYONE and see the results of those that have not posted anything yet. I sincerely hope you are all working it and have kept the challenge alive within yourselves.

Saturday results for me!

35 minutes on the elliptical, this morning, burned, per my HRM, 573 calories
    20 minutes walking the dog, this afternoon, burned, per my HRM, 220 calories

I also walked all over the mall, on a mission, with my daughter, tonight, to find a pair of boots. No luck on the boots and had to end up going online to Zappos, but I am not logging all of that walking we did, 1 hour 45 minutes, because it is not necessary for me, and it was a lot of stopping, walking, stopping, walking, but we had our heart rates going when we were moving.

One more day until reporting in is mandatory and I am sooooooooooooooo excited to see everyone's results for the week.

Time to report my totals for the week! You can see the quotes, and everything that I did on a daily baisis, on this one post.

Now, before I post the weekly totals I want to remind you, if you didn't see it or don't remember, that I said I was going to really, really push myself beyond what I have ever done before. I did not say it at the beginning of the week, because I wanted to see if I really could do it, but I wanted, for myself, to DOUBLE everything. Minutes, calories, cardio, strength, water, all of it. Well, I did do that and now I know that I can. So, with no further ado, here is my totals.

Sunday I did 50 minutes of run/walk intervals and burned, per my heart rate monitor, 668 calories.

I have only finished 9 glasses of water, thus far, but water is not a problem for me as it is all that I drink. I will get another 9 glasses in with no problem.

For the week I have exercised 724 minutes and I have burned 9190 calories.

I lost track of what the exact number of the cardio and strength were but those number were easily doubled.

Week one is in done for me, week starts tomorrow and I will continue to push.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Afternoon...

150 minutes run (10 miles) burn 2400 calories :)

Not sure what my plan is tomorrow... I have to taper because the race is in 6 days!

Total exercise minutes : 391
    Total calories burned: 5740
  • humble64
    humble64 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too :-)
  • kiki_ac
    kiki_ac Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    HI everyone! Congratulations on Completing week one!!! here's the breakdown for me

water goal being accomplished. I aim to drink at least 3 liters of water a day. I HAVE done that everyday!

SUNDAY
    -just after midnight I went dancing at a club and danced for more than an hour, IN HEELS, a first for me
    - Xbox 360 kinect ZUMBA
    -help with brush pick up and cleaning, lifted three 80lb cement bags. be very very careful with that. 20min

MONDAY
    -Zumba rapido (early version) 34 minutes
    -an hour and a half of yard work, for brush pick up. a mix of heavy and light branches count for my strength training and I'll count 20 to 30 minutes for it. The rest cardio or light cardio.

TUESDAY
    -ZUMBA
    -walking five, ¼, laps

WEDNESDAY
    - 10 minutes Quickfix Kickboxing-arms
    - Winsor Pilates fit and famous –cardio Pilates and abs
    - p90x cardio x

THURSDAY
    -p90x kenpo x
    -winsor pilates cardio pilates dvd burn and firm section

FRIDAY
    - walking for 30 minutes
    -Winsor Pilates cardio sculpt strength training
    -Zumba rapido 34 minutes

SATURDAY
    - Quickfix Kickboxing all three plus the bonus
    -Winsor Pilates ABsession

Total exercise --607
    Strength-120
    Cardio—463
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Well im gonna be honest here i pushed myself hard with the exercise and definatly reached the goals i had alot harder time with the food and water as ive been trying to pull myself out of a depressing slump trhe last few days and well water is a big struggle for me i will keep on it tho and push harder tomorrow. i will post my totals later tonight
  • humble64
    humble64 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I ran for 34.5 mins this morning and planning to go on the WII later this evening. I hope i can be a part of the 6 wk challenge.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Hey Challengers my first week of this challenge and I burned over 4000 calories. I drink a gallon of water a day...I did a ton of cardio and did legs and arms weight training. :)

I really had to up my duration of cardio to meet my goal. It's very motivating to be involved with this so that I just go do it.

Glad you all did so well and Traci you killed it.

Catch ya along the week. Hang in there and keep up the excellent work.

675 mins of exercise/4088 burned. All cardio was walking/ellip/recumbent bike wight trained 3x for a total of maybe 210 min. I don't break up my sessions. :)