Obese Pizza Chef to Male Model in Only 7 Months!

Options

Replies

• bluk30
    bluk30 Posts: 37
    Options
    And here's one for any naysayers. I am the same guy, I promise. lol

A pic of tubby the whale on a camping trip in August, and the obligatory "former fat pants" picture from about 5 minutes ago.

2heiluu.jpg
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Now imagine all the business you will drum up with women looking for pizza AND a hottie!!! LOL
  • rachelsewardxo
    Options
    you look amazing !
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Wowzers!! You look great! You definitely know the secret to making a great looking body!!!
  • alpha2omega
    alpha2omega Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! What was your bodyfat% in this picture?
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!!!!
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    My goal was most influenced by a man named Bruce Randall from the 1950's. He bulked himself up to over 400lbs and then dropped all the bodyfat to become a Mr. Universe winner.

To me, Randalls' approach was the quickest way to develop a lot of muscular size without resorting to anabolic steroids. It's easy to "maintain" your muscle size when you already have it, but very difficult to build it and remain lean at the same time. Unfortunately bulking up to an extreme size was a necessity, and the last two years were not fun for me.

http://ditillo2.blogspot.com/2008/08/how-bruce-randall-trained-randall-rader.html

*Not* diminishing your transformation—because I respect anyone who works to transform their bodies--but this makes it sound like 7 months isn’t the true story. Would you say that you have been bulking for a while, and were in a cutting phase the last few months, then? And that your actual journey has been much longer?
  • katdon88
    katdon88 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look Great!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    WOW! Awesome transformation!!! Absolutely amazing. Great job!!!
  • DaddyMantz
    DaddyMantz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finding a great program and doing such a great job! Phenomenal results.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,416 Member
    Options
    CAn I just say "WOW!". You look great and you sound like you feel great. Congratulations!!
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    congrats
  • bluk30
    Options
    Hmmm, I really wanted to edit my original post to include the diet and exercise stuff, but I'll just have to put it wayyyy back here on page 5.

MY EXERCISE REGIME:

CARDIO:
    I hate to say it, but there is no getting around cardio. I truly HATE cardio, but I do it. Slow and easy cardio done first thing in the morning before breakfast is the BEST way to drop fat. When I skimped on it for a few days, I didn't lose anything. There's a lesson to be learned somewhere in there...

All I did was walk on a treadmill for 30-60 minutes before breakfast nice and easy on 3.0, no hills or incline. The time depended on how I felt that day. Some days I actually wanted to do an hour, some days I was happy to get the hell out of there in 30 minutes. Let your mood be your guide.

One thing that REALLY helped was this handy-dandy laptop desk I rigged up. I'd take my notebook with me on the treadmill and check my email or watch TV while I walked. I don't have time to watch much with my business, so this worked out nicely. It was "me" time.

29olugh.jpg

If you're really serious about losing weight you will find a way to make it work, if not you'll just find excuses. Mixing entertainment and exercise is one way to do it.

WEIGHTS
    Ok, I'm not going to lie to you, I lift just about every day. My weightlifting routine is completely unique and I would have a hard time explaining it here. I would give it a shot if people were truly interested. Let me know.

I can tell you that my muscle mass was retained solely because I lifted just as heavy as I did when I was bulking up. I didn't change anything up, no higher reps/lighter weight or anything like that. I trained to lift the heaviest weights I possibly could in correct form.

Heavy weights = muscle tissue (even when under caloric restriction).

I made sure to back off a bit when I felt an ache or pain coming on, but I still went in every day and lifted something. Some days I'd push to two hours, some days only 45 minutes, just like cardio I went by feel. This is something that just takes experience.

If anyone is looking for a cookie cutter program, I'd say just use Jim Wendler's 5/3/1, you can find it on www.elitefts.com.
  • alpha2omega
    alpha2omega Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    It just goes to show you how important resistance training is. Not only does it help you lose weight but when the fat is lost you end up with his results. The balance is trying to build muscle and lose fat at the same time which I am not sure is possible since one requires a caloric deficit and the other a caloric surplus. Prior to shedding the fat, could you tell me what your average caloric intake was? I'm curious to see how much more it took you to put on the muscle. You did a great job maintaining the muscle as you shed the fat.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    bloody hell! Fabulous!

You look great and it just proves that with some effort and determination it is possible to turn yourself into someone totally different. Great effort :flowerforyou:
  • SayLiLIG
    SayLiLIG Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    one word. Yum. :) lol
  • candik
    candik Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Nice :)
  • bluk30
    Options
    @callipygianchronicle - You have a valid point. I'll explain. The first three years I lifted weights I got nowhere until I read about Randall. I was about 240lbs and just looked like a normal guy at the time. I spent two years eating my way up to 290+ and lifting very very heavy to build as much muscle tissue as possible.

The first two years were EASY. I just ate whatever the hell I wanted and lifted weights here and there.

The last 7 months were spent dieting slowly so I could maintain that muscle mass I gained while bulking. In the end, I am about 10lbs lighter than I was to begin with, and have a LOT more muscle and lower bodyfat. In all, yes, you could say that the whole physique transformation took about 3 years start to finish. Fat to skinny took about 7 months.

I would think that most people here would only be concerned with the weight loss side of things.

Here's a 3 year sequence to show what I mean (2008-today):
    2eb48av.jpg
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You look really good!! Can I ask how many calories you bulked on and how many you cut on?
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I could stare at that picture all day!
    Thanks for this!!
    Oh, and well done. :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!