Obese Pizza Chef to Male Model in Only 7 Months!

Options

Replies

• bluk30
    bluk30 Posts: 37
    Options
    @psulatino - You're correct, I didn't gain any muscle size while dieting (caloric restriction), but was able to keep 90% of my mass by doing it correctly.

Also, I honestly have no idea what my BF% are. I just went by my waist measurement and how I looked month to month. (Took monthly pictures, weekly is too frequent to see changes).
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Great motivation for the rest of us!!!
  • bluk30
    Options
    @kdiamond - I never counted while I bulked. I am somewhat ashamed to say so, but I just ate like a pig. lol Honestly, I remember one meal where I ate 4 Taco Bell burritos, two Carl's Jr. western bacon burgers AND an entire box of Little Debbie oatmeal cream pies in one sitting.

I did things like that frequently and still had a difficult time gaining weight once I went over 260lbs. I never could figure out how people could get so big when it took me so much effort to do so. :-/
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    beautiful! :noway:
  • finafilms
    finafilms Posts: 40
    Options
    Congrats!!! It is always reassuring to see someone do it on their own, no gimmicks, just sheer dedication. Well done!!!!!
  • bluk30
    Options
    Ok, what i said about P90 was a tongue-in-cheek joke. I really want to make this clear.

I think P90 is the WORST program a person could ever do. Their exercise programs are useless. I think people would be better off finding an activity they enjoy and sticking with that instead of a menagerie of things. In the time you spend jumping around to plyometrics, kempo, blah blah... you could be focusing on one activity and actually get good at something.

Their diet is sensible and they get you up and moving, that's the reason it works. I guess for some, that's what they need, but I believe in individuality.

I think Tony Horton should be drawn and quartered for douchebaggery and taking advantage of consumers. Sorry for the rant, but that's just one man's opinion. :-D
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    @callipygianchronicle - You have a valid point. I'll explain. The first three years I lifted weights I got nowhere until I read about Randall. I was about 240lbs and just looked like a normal guy at the time. I spent two years eating my way up to 290+ and lifting very very heavy to build as much muscle tissue as possible.

The first two years were EASY. I just ate whatever the hell I wanted and lifted weights here and there.

The last 7 months were spent dieting slowly so I could maintain that muscle mass I gained while bulking. In the end, I am about 10lbs lighter than I was to begin with, and have a LOT more muscle and lower bodyfat. In all, yes, you could say that the whole physique transformation took about 3 years start to finish. Fat to skinny took about 7 months.

I would think that most people here would only be concerned with the weight loss side of things.

Here's a 3 year sequence to show what I mean (2008-today):
    2eb48av.jpg

Thanks for that explanation. It’s an impressive result. Clearly the result of some laser-sharp focus.
  • LittleBuddy13
    LittleBuddy13 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hahaha I just want to know how many friend request you got after this? lol...Good job...Congrats, I need to do whatever it was you did for a bikini body!!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Um, hi there!! :-)
  • StaceyZombie
    StaceyZombie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! What an accomplishment sir :-)
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Wooooow. Congratulations on a job well done. It's truly amazing how dedicated you were to your goals. Most people don't usually have the patience to foucs on their goal. 3 years...wow that says a lot! Btw, you look younger in your after picture.

Again congratulations on your success and keep up the great work.
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Um.....WOW
  • bluk30
    Options
    Just got a question, and want to say that I never work my abs. Like at all. I squat and deadlift very heavy, and the stabilization from those exercises seemed to do the trick.

Maybe I'd have a better waistline if I did some crunches, but I believe that if I am lying down I should be sleeping or screwing, not exercising. lol
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Ok, what i said about P90 was a tongue-in-cheek joke. I really want to make this clear.

I think P90 is the WORST program a person could ever do. Their exercise programs are useless. I think people would be better off finding an activity they enjoy and sticking with that instead of a menagerie of things. In the time you spend jumping around to plyometrics, kempo, blah blah... you could be focusing on one activity and actually get good at something.

Their diet is sensible and they get you up and moving, that's the reason it works. I guess for some, that's what they need, but I believe in individuality.

I think Tony Horton should be drawn and quartered for douchebaggery and taking advantage of consumers. Sorry for the rant, but that's just one man's opinion. :-D

I'm with you on everything you've said here, awesome and glad someone is saying it.
    These fad workouts are awesome for making money, or losing it depending on which side of the coin you are on.
    Cardio is key, it is all about getting your heart rate to the right level and keeping it there.
    Also adjusting calories downward to break a plateau, I've experienced the same thing on every successful weight loss effort.
    Before MFP I was doing my own Math Diet (I called it), which essentially is counting net calories.

A couple of things I would add, and a question: 1) I had a bodybuilders body in my 30's, but now that I'm 50 my muscle mass has progressively gone down, fact of life, just saying. I used to bench 3 plates (315), now happy if I can max with 2 (225). 2) I have grown addicted to cycling as a result of embracing cardio, and found that when I am in shape I ride my bike to work 20 miles each way, get 2 hours of cardio per day 3x per week, but only costing 1 hour of time because it takes a half hour to drive each way.

And finally my question: What about alcohol? That is ultimately what I attribute my relapse of regaining 50 pounds of a 120 pound loss 12 years ago. Not only the calories but also the lack of exercise/activity from a lifestyle of having a beer after work and starting by lunchtime on weekends. Pathetic.
  • KTNemo
    KTNemo Posts: 100
    Options
    I hope I am wrong but that doesn't look like the same person..Not even in the face. If I am wrong..AWESOME JOB!

I totally disagree. I can still see him in both pictures.
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    that looks like a lot of hard work...great job
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Daaaaaamn!!!! You look great!
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I'd keep delivering pizza- would probably get quite the tips!!

WOW!! Heart rate gets fast enough to almost count as a work out just looking at the after pic!!
  • mommymovingmountains
    mommymovingmountains Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • alpha2omega
    alpha2omega Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Just curious have you ever tried P90X? You don't seem to enjoy doing cardio so I would assume you haven't, however, before you minimize its effectivess you should give it a try. I think you would have a different opinion once you try it out. You can't deny Tony Horton is in amazing shape and 20 years your senior.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!