What do You Do for a Living?

Options

Replies

• CarrieLincoln
    Options
    I'm a business owner - A custom wedding/party cake designer and a fitness coach who helps motivate and inspire others to reach their goals. I love my my two jobs!! I meet so many inspiring people and happily engaged couples ready to start their life together!! I eat well bake cakes and I get paid to workout too!! Took me yrs to figure out what I wanted to do and it took a layoff to do just that! haha
  • CarrieLincoln
    Options
    Oh I should add that I workout either in the morning first thing or at my lunch time.
  • wimmerfan
    wimmerfan Posts: 24
    Options
    I am a Certified nursing assistant in a hospital on my feet 12 hours a day. then a mom to 2 kids when not at work
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,730 Member
    Options
    I'm a business owner - A custom wedding/party cake designer and a fitness coach who helps motivate and inspire others to reach their goals. I love my my two jobs!! I meet so many inspiring people and happily engaged couples ready to start their life together!! I eat well bake cakes and I get paid to workout too!! Took me yrs to figure out what I wanted to do and it took a layoff to do just that! haha
    Oh, I love cake decorators! My late pop was one of the best. :flowerforyou:
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    We have quite the variety of professions and schedules here! Everyone seems to have found a way to incorporate more healthy living into their lives :bigsmile:
  • LixxiKitti
    LixxiKitti Posts: 116
    Options
    I'm a corporate event planner... lots of desk time prepping for the event and then lots of travel/running around hotels like a chicken with my head cut off at the event... it's a great job though, I meet some great people and get to travel all over the country, stay at tons of 4 and 5-star hotels, and have the staff kiss my *kitten* constantly lol

Me too! Hi!! :smile:
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    Options
    I work in admissions/reception at an eye surgery clinic. I am only part time (about 25 hrs per week). I really don't sit for long periods of time. I am up and down quite a bit, which is good. The worst part of my job is on Wednesdays when we do surgeries... I hardly have time to go the bathroom, much less eat a meal! It is nonstop from 6am until 3pm or later on Wednesdays. Needless to say, I hate Wednesdays! LOL

I work out at 5am each day, except for the dreaded Wednesday when I have to be at work at 6am. I try to work out after work that day, but I am usually beat by the time I get home.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I design multimedia training, manage e-learning and handle other misc. online/technical things. Mostly sitting down all day long. But I homeschool my kids too, do all the housework. It is just non-stop. It's been hard to get walking in, but I'm starting too. And one yoga class when all is going well.
  • kissyfur26
    kissyfur26 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I teach elementary life skills and I use gross motor lab as my work out time and have the kiddos work out with me. We also have an adaptive pe class three times a week that I participate in with the kids to get some extra time in : )
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I work with two young ladies with Autism who are in an indipendant living situation. I'm the house lead so I am ALWAYS pulling 50+ hours a week... plus I have a two and a half (almost) year old daughter at home. I don't actually go to the gym right now. My goal is to sit as little as possible durring the day. I don't count my exercise calories for the most part so no I'm not eating back my calories. On days I feel like I am running nonstop I eat closer to 1500-1600 and on days that I feel like I've been sitting a lot I eat closer to 1200. That being said my daughter and I have "dance party time!!!" which is actually my zumba for the wii as well as pilates. At work we try to keep our clients very physically active so I go for long walks there too.
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm a corporate event planner... lots of desk time prepping for the event and then lots of travel/running around hotels like a chicken with my head cut off at the event... it's a great job though, I meet some great people and get to travel all over the country, stay at tons of 4 and 5-star hotels, and have the staff kiss my *kitten* constantly lol

LOL You have my dream job!!
  • anakinlover
    anakinlover Posts: 109
    Options
    I am a Massage Therapist, and I also teach massage therapy at a local tech college. I love it! :bigsmile:
  • ruhimaach
    ruhimaach Posts: 171
    Options
    I'm an IT Business Manager at a financial services company! Highly stressful, 8-5 desk job.
  • arodriguez24
    arodriguez24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Programmer, behind the desk all day and at home doing homework for work and school lol. So I have to make my workouts count.
  • DowntimeDesigns
    DowntimeDesigns Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm a graphic designer and photographer for a school supply company in Baltimore, MD.

I get to design kick-*kitten* products for kids and teachers!

68309A_F.JPG
    68127A_F.JPG
    68225A_F.JPG
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I am technical drafter for a big telecom company. So it means I sit on my behind all day. I work mostly with men and almost 35 percent of them are training for one thing or another (from 10 k to Iron man). I train on my hour lunch. I mostly go run outside or go to the gym 2 minutes from work
  • ladybuggal3
    Options
    I am a bank manager....
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    UPS driver. I usually run 3-5 days before work.
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm a career counselor at a private liberal arts college, so I'm surrounded by young, fit people all the time. It's mostly a desk job, but the campus is big so I can fit a 1 mile walk in during lunch if I don't wear heels. I have to get up at 5 to workout at the gym. I'm looking forward to the day - April 25th! - when it will be light enough in the morning for me to run around my sidewalk-free neighborhood.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Domestic engineer, LOL

I am blessed to be home with my two boys. sucky thing is unlike most people who can leave the bosses behind and go home my bosses follow me everywhere!

I work out in the morning before they wake u[