Replies

• CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Cardiology Adult & Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Currently, I'm a full-time college student majoring in Anthropology. I excel at procrastinating when it comes to studying, writing papers and reading text books yet I still manage to maintain a 4.0. When I'm not in class or procrastinating, I dress my youngest cat in various frocks, skim the pool, cook meals for my boyfriend and his kids, do various domestic chores, read fairly interesting books and nag my boyfriend. Every now and then I'm able to squeeze in a workout or a nice long walk.
  • VaporsWorld
    VaporsWorld Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I clean beach vacation rentals. Right now I'm loving it b/c I'm makin money and burning calories!
  • Time2BSkinny
    Options
    I just graduated from college so I'm nannying for the time being- tons of temptations with food because it's all right there in the house all day. Also, the kids eat snacks and meals that I shouldn't be
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    My dance parties with my two year old grandson are the best. He wears me out, he says faster Nana.LOL.
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add I am a nurse work for an agency so I can work anywhere from no days in the week to 5-7 days in the week. I love the flexibility of agency nursing. I can plan my work outs accordingly. I hardly ever work day shift , hate day shift. I usually work the 2-10:30 shift which allows me to work out in the morning or at night when I get off.
  • jeffy84
    jeffy84 Posts: 21
    Options
    Navy, So it can be difficult when we're at sea.
    As you don't get to make your own meal, just try to find the best choice off the line.
    If you organise your time well, you can get gym time in there.
    There's been a mentality shift from our heirachy with increased focus on health and fitness, and work time dedicated to exercise, so that's promising!
    :)
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    FrostieGurl you think you can just say " I dress my youngest cat in various frocks" and no-one would comment!

I love you instantly! I used to dress my cat up when I was younger, he would love the attention and only get agitated if another cat saw him (embarrassed I suppose).

I just could not let your post go by without saying I admire anyone who is eccentric enough to dress their cat up.

GG
  • chasing_130
    chasing_130 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm a Preschool teacher with 3-4 year olds :)

After teaching, I help with the daycare aspect, so I get to chase after little ones all day.
  • StaceyZombie
    StaceyZombie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Aren't we just an eclectic bunch :-)

I'm a district sales manager for a large girly accessory chain. Lots of driving as I have 14 stores all over northern Indiana. I get my workouts in usually at night, unless I'm visiting one of the further stores, in that case it's got to be the morning. Crazy job, no 2 days ever the same...and it keeps me very busy. Yay retail....lol.
  • jmhigg1020
    jmhigg1020 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am an Early Childcare Educator and work in what is a Best Start Hub (we put on programs for children and the parents/caregivers. I also do Outreach work too. Can be both desk work and active play with children.
    We try and provide healthy snacks, so there are some days of "cupcake or cookie making" too :)
    Hard to not eat them with the kids...

I work in early intervention, working with kids under 3 with delays and disabilities. Same for me - office time and time playing with kids. I have two kids, so they are a full-time job in and of themselves, and workout time is hard to make a priority at times.
  • adismum
    adismum Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm an at home mum of 5 children, 3 of whom are 3 and under and the two big ones at school, i cant do the gym or anything like that - and walking with master 3 in toe is not fun, but i usually pop two in the buggy and he sits on front makes it a bloody good workout, but yeah! Eating is a whole other story
  • MsBlueEyzz
    Options
    I am a counselor. My hours change each day, so to workout I have to plan ahead. I have been trying to also have healthy snacks at work near me so I don't eat crappy foods.
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I used to be an ICU nurse, gogogo... now I'm a non emergency call center nurse, reply to every health questions
  • MissBekah707
    Options
    Certified Nurse Assistant, In college to be a Veterinarian. :)
  • ♥jewel♥
    ♥jewel♥ Posts: 839
    Options
    Customer Service Represetative for a hearing aid provider by day. Incorrigable flirt during the day, zombie watcher by night!!
  • tinovr
    tinovr Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm an environmental consultant mainly doing permitting for sources of air pollution. My degrees are in Meteorology. I have an hour commute each way, and spend all day at a desk, so workouts are hard to fit in, especially on my own. So I take Tae Kwon Do and am accountable to my instructors.
  • pchinow2000
    Options
    I am a server at a country club.. constantly walking by food.. cookies, cakes, french fries.. it is sooo hard to resist and go for a pickle instead. It is just not the same!
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I am a self-employed draftsperson (architect). I work from my home, so I can work out whenever I feel like it....but also have the kitchen as temptation...
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    FrostieGurl you think you can just say " I dress my youngest cat in various frocks" and no-one would comment!

I love you instantly! I used to dress my cat up when I was younger, he would love the attention and only get agitated if another cat saw him (embarrassed I suppose).

I just could not let your post go by without saying I admire anyone who is eccentric enough to dress their cat up.

GG

Why thank you, Apollo is really a good sport about it all. He's been dressed up as tinker bell, a cheerleader, a biker, a preppie, a bunny, a pirate and so many other cute little dresses that I've lost count. He seriously has an entire wardrobe of outfits. I generally reserve it for special occasions: when we have company, his birthday, my birthday, holidays, other people's birthdays, or when I pick up a new outfit on a whim. His first piece of clothing was a little blue t-shirt that said "Mommy's boy" and while the shirt doesn't fit him anymore, the title sure as heck does.