Lets start a group for Mom's needing to lose 50+ pounds!!!!

Options

Replies

• emi56
    emi56 Posts: 7
    Options
    Count me in. I'm a SAHM to 3 months baby girl and i need to loose 35 pound.
  • cherriewilliams
    cherriewilliams Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am glad to hear they sell those pedometers at walmart, because i really have been curious as to how much calories I actually burn walking the 1/4 mile to my office from the parking garage at work...well it seems like a 1/4 mile anyway. I needed to get to walmart today to get a kitchen scale anyway, so I will definitely look for that while I am there!

What is a pedometer? Is it like a heart rate monitor? Where do you find the food scales? I'm looking to buy one of those also.

Also does anyone know what kind of strength exercise videos are good? I can do cardio all day long but I'd like to switch it up. I don't exercise much though, should I buy weights? How heavy? I need exercise ideas and motivation... I can stay under calories all day long but I never feel like exercising.

A pedometer counts your steps that you take but the one i found also counts calories and miles and time and has a 7 day memory. The Biggest Loser workout DVDs with Jillian Michaels are good. She alternates between strength and cardio. All you need is a couple of hand weights that are 2-5 lbs.
  • cubanasusana
    cubanasusana Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    ME! ME! ME! I need to lose 50 Big ones and I am a mommy of two !
  • cucoyannie
    Options
    hi
    just browsing before going to bed. have a great weekend and dont cheat on your food plans...behave :)
  • jmjones66
    jmjones66 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am a mother of 4 and need to lose so I can be a better role model to my kids. I want them to understand how important it is to eat right while their young, so that they don't have to go through the same struggles that I have gone through my entire life!
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    Hello everyone! Just finished my week 2 day 2 for the C2 5K today and it went well. I lost a little over 2 lbs this week YAYYYY got another 30 to go before it's maintain and tone LOL. My boys have a t-ball game this afternoon and we are going to Sonic after that for dinner SOOO still on track for my calories but under for protein today UCK!! Keep up the great work everyone, we will get there!! We didn't gain this weight overnight and we can't expect it to go away over night.
  • Autumn1206
    Autumn1206 Posts: 126
    Options
    I disagree with my pedometer's calculation of how many calories I burned today. It told me that the hour I spent walking around a two level mall was only 100 calories. I don't meander, I was just in a mall that I wasn't very familiar with. But I also spent an hour at the grocery store, also one that wasn't my regular store, so I estimated about 200 hundred calories for the two hours of walking around. I don't know. what do you guys think?
  • clash98
    clash98 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in .... I need all the support I can get to keep going. I also need more friends so anyone can add me if they want . Good luck on your journey.:smile:
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I need all the help I can get!

I'm a WAHM of a almost 3yr old boy. I also go to school at night.
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

What are your plans this summer when it comes to cook outs and social events with all that delicious but BAD food?

My plans are to hopefully plan ahead and take some healthy snacks or eat before I go. If all else fails, eat what I want but in moderation and smaller portions. It is kind of hard when you have potato salad, hot dogs, hamburgers, pasta salad, pop, chips and dip, lemonade, ice cream, smores, I mean you name it the summer time activities have it.
  • SunnyDuckz
    SunnyDuckz Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Just checking back in...
    My scale is broke, lol. It said that I lost 20 pounds last week haha! I know I didn't so~blah.
    I guess I'll have to buy a new one... I have always had a love/hate relationship with my scale, so it'll be hard to go out and spend money on one :/

I didn't do my elliptical excersize today (supposed to do an hour every day). But I spent a couple hours outside, working on our duck pen. We have 3 ducklings that need their own home so I pushed, pulled, dragged, lifted and yanked a huge wooden pen (250 lbs?) in place for the ducks. I raked, shoveled, and trimmed branches too... I am sore and sunburned lol. I have no idea how to find out how many calories I burned though. ? I added 2 hours of 'general gardening' hehe. Good enough.
  • killer_cupcake
    killer_cupcake Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey I'll join!! I'm a mother of beautiful baby girl who will be 1 year old in june!!
    I need to lose 142 lbs. . . so far i've lost 13 in 3 weeks so im gettin there!!
  • ngr1973
    ngr1973 Posts: 334
    Options
    Happy Monday... so I was pretty much absent this weekend. I feel like I've lost my umph and I need to get back in the rhythm. I'm not sure why - we have been outside gardening, the diet hasn't been horrible but it hasn't been great either.

I need to become more consistent with everything - exercise, food, etc. I thnk that is the big problem - again, needs to be a lifestyle.

So today - I will exercise (even though I've messed up my shoulder and neck) - I will do something! And back to eating right and putting it all in my diary!

My best friend's wedding is on October 1 and I'm determined to be 50 lbs lighter by then so I can look AWESOME in a dress!!!
  • Autumn1206
    Options
    Lost just under a pound last week. Not as good as I had hoped. I need to add some more cardio I think.
  • SaLandrum
    SaLandrum Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm in .....

working mom of 4 kiddos (23-19-15-13) .... I could stand to lose between 70-80+ pounds (working on that one!)
    I have a very supportive husband that i love with all my heart ....

Now, I am having problems finishing my morning oatmeal..... (what i really want is a nice breakfast taco)
  • robynham84
    robynham84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @ngr1979:I have also been missing the last week! Ive been busy and havent been staying on track. I didnt lose anything this last week from that. ugh...

I love seeing all the new Mommies on this giving encouragement and support!!!!

I am going to stay on track this week!!!!! Im determined!!!!!!

Have a GREAT day Everyone!!!!!
  • Autumn1206
    Options
    Now, I am having problems finishing my morning oatmeal..... (what i really want is a nice breakfast taco)

I also had trouble with oatmeal, but one day I tried quick oats instead of instant oatmeal, and it tastes better to me. You can add whatever you want to it, but a banana is a good start or some PB2 (which is powdered peanut butter that I can explain if you want). I don't know if you tried quick oats yet, but that really resolved alot of the texture issues I had with instant oatmeal. Believe me, I still have to convince myself to eat it sometimes, but then I remember that #1 the cafe downstairs at work does not support a healthy diet and #2 I dont' want to spend $5 for a breakfast taco there anyway.

oh yea and #3 I am living a healthy lifestyle too!
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    I'm in! I'm Kirstin, 25, married 4 years, and have an almost 3 (they grow to fast :( boo) year old son. I've lost 108lbs since he was born, but have a long ways to go!!
  • Autumn1206
    Options
    Wow that is phenomenal! :flowerforyou:
  • Autumn1206
    Options
    I think it's extraordinarily sad that I am sweating after trying aerobics for 15 minutes today, and only burned 130 calories. I think I would have burned more doing circuit training, and gotten more work in. I feel whipped after only 15 minutes of aerobics. Who'd have thought that after four months of working out on the bowflex, I'd still be this out of shape?