Replies

• amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    let me know if it helps---apple cider vinegar
  • amfaery
    Options
    Day 4_Arms & Shoulders completed this morning. Not too bad since I have done some weight training historically. Only issue was with the "bonus" (penalty) round of Side Tri-Rises. Couldn'd do more than a few on each side so I did some chair dips instead.

The rest of my upper body is still sore from Day 1_Chest & Back, including my abs although I didn't have time to do the ab ripper at the end.

Tomorrow ---> yoga!

Keep it up you'll see you can do more and more I went from 5 initially to 18 the other day! (side tri-rise) My biggest accomplisshment 1 Dreya roll to 10 without falling over! :smile:
  • smurfguru
    smurfguru Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Mornin P90 peeps! I have Kenpo today and then jiu jitsu tonight.
    Sitting on a conference call, waiting for it to end so I can go work out. :-/
    Did core yesterday. I love that workout! Wish I got to do it more than just in the recovery week!
  • pekka930
    pekka930 Posts: 12
    Options
    my 3rd day Shoulder and arms .. Still cant do my ABripperX after my workout, hopefully tonight.
    1 week of MFP but still not weighing myself I dont want to be disappointed. But I feel great more energy...
    thanks...
  • chelsiburnett
    chelsiburnett Posts: 317
    Options
    W3 Day 3 Shoulders Arms, and Ab Ripper X!!!! Did well today and I really like lifting weights!!!! Never thought that would even enter my thoughts, but I do!!! I love cardio, but I really like lifting also!!! Have a great day everyone!
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    http://naturalbias.com/why-the-p90x-exercise-program-is-overrated/

I came across this. Kind of depressing, but it does make a little sense.

Although I just started this on Mon, I might take this guy's advice and modify the program a bit.
  • tacoma210
    tacoma210 Posts: 19
    Options
    Anybody had experience w/ the lean p90x route? I did the regular path and built up muscle but I am looking to maintain and tone. Any advice would be appreciated!
  • BananaBee3
    BananaBee3 Posts: 224
    Options
    Wasn't able to fit in YogaX yesterday (had to switch around this week's workouts a bit), but I plan on doing it tomorrow morning along with shoulders/arms later sometime.

I got Plyometrics today and I'm not feeing it :( But I'll push through it and hopefully use that negative energy to actually pump up the intensity!

The one person in the dvds I can't stand is the girl in the Chest/Back dvd...can't remember her name but I just really don't like her haha. And I can totally see the "teacher's pet" thing with the blonde girl...I'm great with names, can't you tell!

Has anyone tried any pre-workout supplements? Like Jack3d or anything else to boost their energy? Just curious, but also kinda thinking of MAYBE trying a product.
  • djamador
    djamador Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Today was my fourth day of P90X. I am one that has never worked out before. I am trying, but I am sore!!! I have yet to get through the whole work out. I have been told that is OK and I will get more and more just keep going.
  • mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Today was my fourth day of P90X. I am one that has never worked out before. I am trying, but I am sore!!! I have yet to get through the whole work out. I have been told that is OK and I will get more and more just keep going.

KEEP GOING!! You will be amazed at how fast you improve if you push yourself a little more each time! Set mini goals for yourself. There are still things that I can't do (real pull-ups for one) but I do the best I can and try to improve every time. Modify what you can't do and do as much as you can!
  • chelios7
    chelios7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yep, I did it. I swigged on a glass of the ole gin ' n tonic. My first drink in about 40 days. I was going to have a glass of wine but I figured once I opened the bottle I'd have to finish it this week. I just wanted one drink. I used diet tonic, no cals there. It tasted really good and i don't regret it.

Now I'm off for 90 minutes of Yoga. Oh baby!
  • chelios7
    Options

Although I just started this on Mon, I might take this guy's advice and modify the program a bit.

Pffffffffffftttttt. RUBBISH.

It's one guy's opinion. And he pretty much lost me when he said the focal point of P90X is to develop "ripped abs". It is?? Er, what!? Skimmed the rest and thought it was way off base.

Why even mention this article in a message forum to people who have already committed to doing the program? Sounds like you are having a tough time committing yourself to the program (just two days in and already doubting it) and are trying to convince others of the same to make it an easier decision for yourself to quit before you even start. Wrong place for that. We are here to support each other, not bring on negativity.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
  • smurfguru
    smurfguru Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Alright! I gave in and went to the dang doctor today about my shoulder but all she had was good good news! She thinks I strained either a muscle or a ligament. While that's not fantastic, it's not something like a torn rotator cuff or a fractured clavicle. I am to baby it a little bit longer, ice it twice a day and take ibuprofen.
    So what do you think about going about the babying? I know when it comes to shoulders and arms I can just work out the right side for the next week or so. But what do you think about yoga / chest & back / core disks?
    I really want to still work out but don't want to make the shoulder worse. Any ideas would be appreciated!!!
  • mbeach1977
    Options
    Yep, I did it. I swigged on a glass of the ole gin ' n tonic. My first drink in about 40 days. I was going to have a glass of wine but I figured once I opened the bottle I'd have to finish it this week. I just wanted one drink. I used diet tonic, no cals there. It tasted really good and i don't regret it.

Now I'm off for 90 minutes of Yoga. Oh baby!

Oooh, one of my favorite drinks!! Yum! Have a glass of wine myself tonight! Good for you for going so long without, I'm sure you really enjoyed that!
  • mbeach1977
    Options

Pffffffffffftttttt. RUBBISH.

My thoughts exactly when I read it! It seemed to me that the guy writing it just thought he could have great abs by laying around on the couch! Everything in his opinion was too strenuous! Yoga? Really? I dismissed the whole article as soon as I started reading it.
  • mbeach1977
    Options
    Alright! I gave in and went to the dang doctor today about my shoulder but all she had was good good news! She thinks I strained either a muscle or a ligament. While that's not fantastic, it's not something like a torn rotator cuff or a fractured clavicle. I am to baby it a little bit longer, ice it twice a day and take ibuprofen.
    So what do you think about going about the babying? I know when it comes to shoulders and arms I can just work out the right side for the next week or so. But what do you think about yoga / chest & back / core disks?
    I really want to still work out but don't want to make the shoulder worse. Any ideas would be appreciated!!!

So glad it's nothing serious!! I would take it easy if I were you! My husband hurt his chest/back (not sure exactly) but he's been out of commission for about 3 weeks. I'd be really careful about the yoga, maybe do the second half of the dvd that doesn't have so much in planks and upward/downward dog. You don't want to push it and lengthen the time to heal! Keep us posted on how that shoulder does!!
  • maurilax
    maurilax Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Im in my ninth week of P90X doubles. I figured I would check in here.

I love this program. I am all about the effcicnciy of getting my whole workout done with no wasted time in an hour or 2 a day.

the first 2-3 weeks were pretty brutal learning the moves, obviously i was a joke at yoga but it is def one of my favorites now.

I also read tonys book recently and watched some of his seminars on youtube, he certainly knows what hes talking about and i can see all of these great changes already in my life. prior to starting I was 276lbs, could barely put on any of my clothes, i had been wearing 1 pair of 'fat jeans' for 6 months. my girlfriend even told me i don't snore anymore, and i haven't had heart burn since i started which was a common occurrence.

ive lost about 35 lbs in the nine weeks so far and im told that the last phase is where it really starts to come off. This program is changing my life and i really think ill be able to stick with it for a long time. I plan on doing another round over the summer doing an insanity/p90x hybrid.

the combination of p90x and MFP is probably saving my life.

PS the hardest part is not drinking, i really could use a G+T
  • wsheaf82
    wsheaf82 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 1 done. Hard to believe it's going by so fast.

Like I said in my comment on my page I guess it's called, Chest, Shoulders & Triceps seems more like strength training then calorie burning with weights like the first month. Seems like there is more down time waiting for Tony's kids to finish up 12 - 15 reps after I'm done doing my 8-10. My heart rate is not getting up as high as the first month during the non cardio days.
  • chelios7
    Options
    ive lost about 35 lbs in the nine weeks so far and im told that the last phase is where it really starts to come off. This program is changing my life and i really think ill be able to stick with it for a long time. I plan on doing another round over the summer doing an insanity/p90x hybrid.

the combination of p90x and MFP is probably saving my life.

PS the hardest part is not drinking, i really could use a G+T

Awesome results and good for you! You're on the home stretch now!
  • amfaery
    Options

I would not take much of his advice to heart the program is great there are many modicfications you can make on your own and still have th structure. I see nothing wrong with the cardio workouts, which you can also modify, cardio 3 days a week is not a bad thing. He is talking about overtraining but the average person is going to do what they can do an dit is only an hhour a day. I save the yoga for the end of the week when i need a good stretch, I would'nt skip it every week. I also think he is flawed that it is all about ripped abs????? There is only one 16 minute Ab workout in all 12 DVD's. I think he is just jealous of us who are trying :laugh:

If P90X provides you with structure and motivates you that is a good thing. I have actually been eating better because it helps me get though my workouts not eating a lot of crap, I am finishing my ninth week and I feel great so give it a try