p90x - Round 1 beginners

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hey guys have a question...Had P90x sitting around for a while and today was the first time i decided to try it. Decided on the Lean Version but...Whats with the different things where it tells you what to do for lean to what the actual disks says?

Monday it says Total Body Plus - There isnt a total body plus disk? Same with /interval X plus & Abs/core plus - theres the Core synergistics or Ab Ripper X is that it?...Upper plus? Is that Chest & Back or Shoulders & Arms or something?

Yeah im confused lol

Here is a website that gives the schedule for all the different programs. www.p90xworkoutschedule.com/ Hope that help clear up the confusion!! :flowerforyou:
  • LOVINLIFEGUY
    Options
    I have been doing the max insanity workouts instead of plyo and this week I went back to plyox. I was shocked how hard rock star hops were, but the rest seemed lame compared to the max plyo. For those looking for a mix give the insanity workouts a try. I didnt care for the program as a whole, but they fit nicely in with the p90x cardio days. I will sometimes do ab ripper before the workout, that seems to help.

Also, when doing heels to the heaven I can not get my legs straight. Can any of you get them straight? Tony keeps saying over time, but I don't think I will ever be able to get them up.

Tomorrow is the end of week 2 of phase 2.

loving it!
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hey guys have a question...Had P90x sitting around for a while and today was the first time i decided to try it. Decided on the Lean Version but...Whats with the different things where it tells you what to do for lean to what the actual disks says?

Monday it says Total Body Plus - There isnt a total body plus disk? Same with /interval X plus & Abs/core plus - theres the Core synergistics or Ab Ripper X is that it?...Upper plus? Is that Chest & Back or Shoulders & Arms or something?

Yeah im confused lol
    Sounds like the P90x plus schedule as Total Body Plus, Interval X and so on are all P90x+ workouts. Try the link mbeach recommended for the right schedule.

@Loveinlifeguy: I can't quite get my legs straight and I my wife helps me straighten them once I have my legs pointing upwards. It is getting easier but I'm still away off what Tony and the guys can do.

Really enjoyed Interval X last night, right amount of work.

Here's the schedule I'm debating starting once I'm through my second recovery week (about 18 days away I think,):
    http://imgur.com/SB5Ib
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Onto my 2nd rest week! With doing doubles, I feel like it will be hard to only have the 1 workout a day for the week. Do you think if I added in the cardio a few.times it would defeat the purpose of the rest week?
  • j3nic3
    j3nic3 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Onto my 2nd rest week! With doing doubles, I feel like it will be hard to only have the 1 workout a day for the week. Do you think if I added in the cardio a few.times it would defeat the purpose of the rest week?

I think you should listen to your body and do what you think it's right. I will be taking my full recovery week once it comes, because after that doubles is 4 days a week instead of 3, so less sleep for me! lol
  • markymark39
    markymark39 Posts: 60
    Options
    Started Phase 2 week 3 (week 7 in total) today with Chest, Shoulders & Tri's with some AbRipperX thrown in for fun. Succumbed to my weakness for craft beers on Saturday and had a few Double / Imperial IPAs that are high in alcohol and are calorie bombs. Oh well, time to get back on the wagon...
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hi P90xers...I just received my copy Saturday. I plan to start 5-30-11 with P90X Lean. I am looking for all the support I can get.

Do you think if I've been working out with 30 Day Shred and Turbo Jam for the last 2-3 months 4-5X a week, that I would be able to handle this workout?

I have a lot of weight to lose. Are there any really heavy people doing this workout. How are you handling it?
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    4 more weeks ot go for me! I do not think I could do doubles, I would love to but no time right now with a 4 year old, 2 year old, working full time yikes!

Has anyone done the interval X and other plus workouts, I did Kempo X and loved it
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of weight to lose. Are there any really heavy people doing this workout. How are you handling it?
    I don't have quite as much to lose as you but I was still more than 50% over weight when I started and I haven't struggled, its hard but not impossible. Everything can be modified, you have a pause button on the remote, sounds like you've had a great start with what you have been doing for the last 2-3 months so you should be fine.
    Has anyone done the interval X and other plus workouts, I did Kempo X and loved it
    I've done Interval X and Kenpo X+, love both of them as they are shorter and more intense. Had a look at the abs from P90x+ and it's too hard for me as it relies on the pull up bar for some of the crunches, I can't hang on the bar that long. Not tried the other weights work outs, they seem like compressed versions of the normal weights work outs and I'm not looking to cut that time/effort down.
  • j3nic3
    j3nic3 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    4 more weeks ot go for me! I do not think I could do doubles, I would love to but no time right now with a 4 year old, 2 year old, working full time yikes!

Wow 4 weeks? Nice! You're so close :-D
    I also have a hard time doing doubles with a full time job and a new baby. I barely get any sleep. It's hard.

So far I've only done the Kenpo Plus workout this past weekend, I haven't tried the other Plus workouts but I will try to fit it in at some point next weekend. :-)
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I don't have quite as much to lose as you but I was still more than 50% over weight when I started and I haven't struggled, its hard but not impossible. Everything can be modified, you have a pause button on the remote, sounds like you've had a great start with what you have been doing for the last 2-3 months so you should be fine.
    I've done Interval X and Kenpo X+, love both of them as they are shorter and more intense. Had a look at the abs from P90x+ and it's too hard for me as it relies on the pull up bar for some of the crunches, I can't hang on the bar that long. Not tried the other weights work outs, they seem like compressed versions of the normal weights work outs and I'm not looking to cut that time/effort down.

Thanks!
  • chelsiburnett
    chelsiburnett Posts: 317
    Options
    Does anyone have a suggestion for a heart rate monitor? I have no idea how many calories I am burning doing P90X. Also, if I want to do a Turbo Fire/P90X hybrid where would I find a schedule?

I have a Polar FT7. Seems to be working ok. Heard good things about it. Really don't have anything to compare the readings from but I go by it anyways.

I have the same one!!!! And I also don't have anything to compare it to but I love it!!!!
  • chelsiburnett
    chelsiburnett Posts: 317
    Options
    I am going to admit this, I skipped yoga and went to core syn for rest week!!!! I just do NOT like the yoga and I don't have patience try to like it!!! I did burn 524 cals during core and feel good though!!! I think I might go for a run on the other yoga day!
  • maurilax
    maurilax Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    slipped up a little in week 10, went out drinking on saturday (whiskey on the rocks) and pushed kenpo off till sunday. luckily i sucked it up enough to do the kenpo workout sunday after noon. I did end up going to the yankees sox game and had a sausage and a few beers. crappy lazy weather in NY made it tough but I got through the chest shoulders triceps/ab ripper x monday.

Having dinner and then finishing off the night with cardio X. all in all the weekend splurge was worth it just have to refocus this week.

Its nice to know i can just add a cardio X workout when i make a mistake in the diet.
  • maurilax
    maurilax Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    slipped up a little in week 10, went out drinking on saturday (whiskey on the rocks) and pushed kenpo off till sunday. luckily i sucked it up enough to do the kenpo workout sunday after noon. I did end up going to the yankees sox game and had a sausage and a few beers. crappy lazy weather in NY made it tough but I got through the chest shoulders triceps/ab ripper x monday.

Having dinner and then finishing off the night with cardio X. all in all the weekend splurge was worth it just have to refocus this week.

Its nice to know i can just add a cardio X workout when i make a mistake in the diet.
  • amfaery
    Options
    I slipped a few times out having drinks but make sure I suck it up :) keep going have to have fun too right?
  • wsheaf82
    wsheaf82 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Kenpo X is done. One more week of phase 2 workouts.
  • LOVINLIFEGUY
    Options
    I slipped a few times out having drinks but make sure I suck it up :) keep going have to have fun too right?

This time around I have been giving myself a lot more freedom when it comes to letting loose. I let myself have drinks on golf night, volleyball night and hockey night. I do work a rotating shift and can only drink on the nights I don't work, so it is not like it is 3 times a week everyweek. I also have been giving myself a break with eatting at bbq's and things like that. I am not much of a fast food guy so that is not much of a problem. In the end It may be causing me to hold onto the extra lbs around my waist, but I feel like this is something I can stick with and stop the up and down cycle. All is good as long as I keep working out!

Yesterday I had legs and back and my hammys were a little sore after and today was Kempo. Kempo did not help my hammys at all, but volleyball afterward seemed to stretch them out pretty good and they feel good after working all night sitting in a car.

Today is rest day with a little golf tonight! woohoo!
  • amfaery
    Options
    I let myself have some drinks on Saturdays, I need to watch eating while I am having drinks, chips etc. I am going to make an effort this summer to bring something healthy to all our BBQ's to stay on track. Summer makes me nervous we usually camp or go to BBQ's every weekend.