Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken Thighs

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
I have made this dish MANY times. It is SO simple and delicious. I have made it with chicken breast as well to lower the calories and fat a bit....but made as is, with a couple of light side dishes is WONDERFUL!

Skinless, boneless thighs cook quickly and are more flavorful than white meat, so they need fewer ingredients. Serve with garlic-roasted potato wedges and a salad or broccolini.

Ingredients
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
Cooking spray
6 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons cider vinegar

Preparation
Preheat broiler.
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side.

Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well. Remove chicken from oven; brush 1/4 cup honey mixture on chicken. Broil 1 minute. Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush chicken with remaining honey mixture. Broil 1 additional minute or until chicken is done.

Yield
4 servings (serving size: 2 chicken thighs)

Nutritional Information
CALORIES 321(31% from fat); FAT 11g (sat 3g,mono 4.1g,poly 2.5g); IRON 2.1mg; CHOLESTEROL 99mg; CALCIUM 21mg; CARBOHYDRATE 27.9g; SODIUM 676mg; PROTEIN 28g; FIBER 0.6g

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    I have made this dish MANY times. It is SO simple and delicious. I have made it with chicken breast as well to lower the calories and fat a bit....but made as is, with a couple of light side dishes is WONDERFUL!

Skinless, boneless thighs cook quickly and are more flavorful than white meat, so they need fewer ingredients. Serve with garlic-roasted potato wedges and a salad or broccolini.

Ingredients
    2 teaspoons garlic powder
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 teaspoon paprika
    1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
    8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
    Cooking spray
    6 tablespoons honey
    2 teaspoons cider vinegar

Preparation
    Preheat broiler.
    Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side.

Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well. Remove chicken from oven; brush 1/4 cup honey mixture on chicken. Broil 1 minute. Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush chicken with remaining honey mixture. Broil 1 additional minute or until chicken is done.

Yield
    4 servings (serving size: 2 chicken thighs)

Nutritional Information
    CALORIES 321(31% from fat); FAT 11g (sat 3g,mono 4.1g,poly 2.5g); IRON 2.1mg; CHOLESTEROL 99mg; CALCIUM 21mg; CARBOHYDRATE 27.9g; SODIUM 676mg; PROTEIN 28g; FIBER 0.6g
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Bump.

I am making this tonight!! :bigsmile:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Yum thanks for sharing! I am always looking for new Chicken ideas...
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! I'm always on the lookout for new chicken recipes. I'll try that one, I have a package of chicken breasts in the freezer:flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Tried this tonight - my whole family loved it
    Thanks for sharing!!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Trying the this seasoning on Flounder tonight....
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Trying the this seasoning on Flounder tonight....
    Ohhh that sounds great!!

This is one of my fav blends...the spices and the honey! YUM!!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    So not sure what happened but the flounder I cooked turned to mush - we threw it away

BUT I made a pan of scallops with this and it was SOOOOO good - leftovers for lunch today!

This is officially one of my favorites!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Bump. Somebody was looking for this one. :bigsmile:
  • Pocketangel
    Options
    I made these just recently.. It was very good.. even my daughter who does not like hardly any meat especially chicken liked it...
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I was just coming to bump this for you!! :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    fyi - I had these again this weekend, but I baked them instead of grilled.

Still nummy & I didn't have to clean out of oven after wards. :bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I am convinced you could put this mixture on almost anything and it would be good!! :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    OH and just be careful after creating the "spice rub" mixture...that you don't rub your eye after!

Cayenne pepper + eyeball =PAIN!! :blushing:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Oh, wow! That looks amazing! I always love new chicken recipes! :flowerforyou:
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    Yummmm, Yummy Yum, Yum!!!!

I just made this, used chicken breast instead of thighs.........DELICIOUS!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Bump! Chicken thighs on sale at Kroger today... can't wait to try them out! :bigsmile: I'm making them in the crock pot though, so I'll see how they turn out and update! :wink:
  • amycakes812
    amycakes812 Posts: 441
    Options
    I am making this tonight with some chicken breasts. The spice rub smelled SO good! Can't wait for it to finish! I think I will end up making a big batch of the spices so I can have it ready at anytime (and put it on everything!)