Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken Thighs

Options

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    made this for my family (15 people) this weekend - none of them even realized they ate the chicken without skin! They all enjoyed it!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :smokin:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    TTT (Bump)

Sounds delicious.
    I like the sounds of lots of peppppppppppper.
  • SlimSasha
    SlimSasha Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My family loves Chicken thighs..and we have made this MANY times since you posted it last..i love how fast it cooks...Thanks for the awesome recipe..it is a winner in your house!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Bump! Making this for dinner tonight. Chicken thighs were on sale and I remembered this recipe! :bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Bump! Making this for dinner tonight. Chicken thighs were on sale and I remembered this recipe! :bigsmile:
    Haha, i got chicken thighs on sale today too and plan on making this tomorrow! Doing meatloaf muffins tonight! ;)
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I am really glad that I came acrossed this. I took out chicken breast this morning to defrost for dinner. And I wanted to do something different with it. I am going to run to the store on my way home and pick up some of the ingrediants. I might have to leave out the red pepper flakes because my son hates spicy foods. It sounds so good.
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Wow this sounds sooo good! Going to make this for dinner tonight!! :)
  • schlieffen
    Options
    Mmm this sounds yummy! Definitely bumping for supper tomorrow!
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I made this on chicken breast for me and steak for the hubby and it was really good on that as well!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Haha, i got chicken thighs on sale today too and plan on making this tomorrow! Doing meatloaf muffins tonight! ;)

It was delicious!!! I did it in the crock pot again and added more spices. My 8yo was just asking me to do the meatloaf muffins again... that will be on the menu soon!
  • kermiehiho
    kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
    Options

Preparation
    Preheat broiler.
    Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side.

Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well. Remove chicken from oven; brush 1/4 cup honey mixture on chicken. Broil 1 minute. Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush chicken with remaining honey mixture. Broil 1 additional minute or until chicken is done.
    Is it really that fast to make? What temperature are you broiling it at?
  • TamTastic
    Options

Preparation
    Preheat broiler.
    Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side.

Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well. Remove chicken from oven; brush 1/4 cup honey mixture on chicken. Broil 1 minute. Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush chicken with remaining honey mixture. Broil 1 additional minute or until chicken is done.
    Is it really that fast to make? What temperature are you broiling it at?
    Yes, it's fast. Chicken thighs aren't super thick...and I broil on high...you do 5 min on one side...then 5 min on the other..and then an additional minue each side after you brush on the honey/vinegar mixture...it's perfectly cooked.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Wow, I need to make this soon! haha...my mouth just started watering. Something about the spices + the sweet of the honey..the flavor is SOOO good!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Wow, I need to make this soon! haha...my mouth just started watering. Something about the spices + the sweet of the honey..the flavor is SOOO good!

I can't for leftovers tonight! I made them in the crockpot. Sprinkle the spices all over the chicken (and I always use more spices!), then top w/ the vinegar (and I used more) and honey. I cooked on high for 4 hours. YUM!
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    bump
  • clacourse
    clacourse Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Question for those of you who used chicken breasts instead of thighs...

How did you cook them? Did you broil them as well, or did you bake them? I saw that someone used a crock pot, but I only need to feed 2 people and have a huge crock pot. LOL! Just curious... this sounds wonderful and I am thinking about making it tonight even though my husband is working late! :happy:

Thanks!
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I will be trying this tonight, have chicken thawing in the fridge right now.
    To the previous poster, I dont see why you couldn't bake them. Maybe cover them until the last 5 or 10 minutes,
    just long enough to crisp up the top with the honey.
    I think I will bake mine tonight and report back, much easier clean up than my broiler.
    Sounds yummy! :tongue:
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    bump! think i am gonna make this tonight! i am also going to bake them and report back :)
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Bump. This sounds great.