Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken Thighs

Options

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I am making this tonight with some chicken breasts. The spice rub smelled SO good! Can't wait for it to finish! I think I will end up making a big batch of the spices so I can have it ready at anytime (and put it on everything!)

I know! I just checked mine and it smells soooo good! :bigsmile: Enjoy your dinner, I know I will!
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I am making this tonight with some chicken breasts. The spice rub smelled SO good! Can't wait for it to finish! I think I will end up making a big batch of the spices so I can have it ready at anytime (and put it on everything!)

I know! I just checked mine and it smells soooo good! :bigsmile: Enjoy your dinner, I know I will!

Let me know how it works in the crockpot! Did you add any water/broth?
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Let me know how it works in the crockpot! Did you add any water/broth?

It was awesome!!!!! I used the spices (except for the red pepper). I put the chicken thighs in the crock pot on low and let it cook for about 2 hrs. Then I poured 1 T. apple cider vinegar and 3 T. honey over the top of it and let it cook for another 2 hrs. It was soooo tender and EVERYONE (me, hubby, and 3 kids) loved it! :heart: I will definitely be making it again.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    making this tonight.....sounds YUMMY!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    BUMP! Making this again tonight, chicken thighs on sale today. :wink:
  • tatze
    tatze Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I made this last night! Very good! It will go into the recipe book for future use!

Thanks!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I want to make it tonight, my DH and I love spicey, is it too much for the kids?
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Just to show the state of my mind today, when I glanced and saw this topic I was thinking I want to have spicy thighs. I didn't clue in that this was a recipe, I was thinking hot, sexy thighs and wishing I had some :laugh:
  • tatze
    tatze Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I want to make it tonight, my DH and I love spicey, is it too much for the kids?

My wife thought it was too spicy at times. Apparently a few spots retained too much of the chili powder or red peppers. I noticed very little spice. But my spice tolerance is a little higher.

I would say its probably on par with a medium salsa.
  • sarabear
    Options

My wife thought it was too spicy at times. Apparently a few spots retained too much of the chili powder or red peppers. I noticed very little spice. But my spice tolerance is a little higher.

I would say its probably on par with a medium salsa.
    Thanks! I'm gonna do w/o for the kids and w/for us, I'll have them try mine just to test for next time
  • sna269
    sna269 Posts: 15
    Options
    Bump.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I think I may make this tonight myself!!! Using chicken breasts instead of thighs though! :tongue:
  • jessmomof3
    Options

My kids love it! I don't use the red pepper in mine though (only because I didn't have it!). I also add a little more apple cider vinegar and less honey. It's a favorite around here!
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sarabear
    Options
    :smooched::heart: :smooched: :smooched: I'M IN LOVE:heart::heart: :smooched: :heart:
    Made this the other day, kids loved it with and without the spice!!!! THANKS TAMI!!!!
  • kitikat
    kitikat Posts: 15
    Options
    I made this last night. I also added some cooked beans (about 3 cups combo of black,great northern,pinto & kidney) , 1 can NS diced tomatoes and 1 green onion. It was very yummy. :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Making this for dinner tonight! :tongue: :love:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Just to show the state of my mind today, when I glanced and saw this topic I was thinking I want to have spicy thighs. I didn't clue in that this was a recipe, I was thinking hot, sexy thighs and wishing I had some :laugh:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    bump:flowerforyou:
  • LivinTheLife
    Options
    Thanks you! :smile: