*Pic Heavy* Before/After 196 to 130

Options
NikkisNewStart
NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
Hi Pals! I have posted before throughout my journey and thought I would share my latest success! :bigsmile:

April 2009 I was at my all time heaviest at 196 lbs and attended my husband's high school prom (he is an assistant principal). At the time I was undergoing heavy fertility treatments to get pregnant with our 5th child. We were successful in October 2009 and I gave birth to our 4th daughter (we also have 1 son) in July 2010 topping out at 217 lbs. I started MFP in August 2010 and here I am two nights ago again at his high school prom. What a difference in the both of us!!! Thanks MFP and friends for all the support and encouragement. We couldn't have made it without you!

I am 5' 7 and 29 years old. I have 5 children ranging in age from almost 9 years to just turned 9 months. I work out 4 to 5 times a week either in the gym or at home. I love lifting weights and using the kettlebell. Most of my routine focuses on strength training either using dumbbells, free weights, and my body's own weight. I do light cardio including running (typically a 5k, which is 3.1 miles, on the treadmill or the elliptical). I have been using the punching bag and jump rope between sets to get the most bang for my workout buck... I have 5 kids so time is of the essence!

As far as eating... please don't ask what I eat because it would take me a lifetime to answer... I EAT A LOT. In fact, I eat all the time. My body is a furnace and food is my fuel. I realized early on that if you are kind to your body and give it what it needs, then it will be kind in return. I eat clean for the most part (to me this means more whole foods such as lean meats, good fats, fruits and vegetables) verses foods that are processed. The least amount of processing a food has had, the better. I also maintain a very low sodium diet as best as I can. The focus on sodium is important to me because as a woman I already have a target on my back for heart disease and family history has me predisposed for high blood pressure. Reducing sodium greatly reduces my risk. I love experimenting with spices, drinking water, and keeping my body full of great nutrients to build muscle and keep my internal organs running as efficiently and effectively as possible. I have changed my lifestyle completely and realize that "diets" only lead to resentment, relapses, and quitting. I want to win so I changed my life.

When I first started here, I had NO belief in myself... but once I lost those first 2 pounds (and yes, I posted in the success forums when I lost them too! I just couldn't believe it!) then my self confidence grew and I vowed that I would not give up no matter what.

I was sick of putting myself on the bottom of the list and realized the only obstacle in the way of my success was myself.

I have hypothyroidism, PCOS, went through heavy hormonal fertility treatment, have had 3 knee surgeries, was in Grad school until December 2010 when I graduated, just gave birth to our 5th child (my 4th pregnancy)... so trust me... I had every excuse in the book if I wanted to use them...

But I realized there is no excuse... none! I wanted this and I did (and continue to do) what it takes to be healthy and have the body that makes me happy. You can too! Everyone can. Start believing in yourself and you will shock yourself at what you are capable of... not only as it relates to your health... but your entire LIFE!

Thanks for letting me share!

Sorry for the poor quality of our first before picture... it was a printed 4x6 photo that I found shoved in my glove box. I couldn't get my scanner to cooperate so I took a picture of the picture. Haha!

clintnikkibeforeafter2-1.jpg
DSC02477-1.jpg
DSC02469-1.jpg
DSC02475-1.jpg
DSC02472-1.jpg
DSC02474-1.jpg
DSC02470-1.jpg
B4AFTER.jpg
arm.jpg
workout.jpg

Replies

• foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Yowza!! That is amazing! And that dress is amazing! Well done. I am sure he had the hottest date there!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I'm not seeing any pictures...?

LOL never mind, I didn't realize they were posted to your profile page. You look fantastic!
  • Pinkribbon_Doc
    Options
    Wow! Im speechless...you look amazing!!! How tall are you? How often do you work out to get your arms so defined?
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    you look great! They probably thought you were one of the students! Great work.
  • Walt75
    Walt75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Which one are you guys. The one on the left or the ones on the right. What?? Same peop- Oh come on!! No way!!!
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    WOW...I am speechless....You look like a model....

Congratulations..

I have few questions, How was your eating habits and workout look like???
  • ari_27
    ari_27 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    you look absolutely stunning! congratulations :) all your hard work is paying off
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! I am so happy for you! I just started my journey and I took some before pictures and I have them on my laptop desktop for motivation. I was thinking of posting them on here as my prof. pic. but I am nervous about it, I dont like people seeing me that way.
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    wow you two loooook amazing :D

wonder very inspiring
  • JubaGirl06
    JubaGirl06 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    absolutely AMAZING!!! way to go!!! how tall are you?:smile:
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    These photos are so amazing! It does look like different people. You look incredible and I can see the self confidence and power in you. Thank you for posting, it will help inspire and motivate us all.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    you look stunning! great job!!!
  • anawigela
    anawigela Posts: 25
    Options
    Wow! you look sooo much younger! Like a high school student! WELL DONE!!!
  • JCfabulous
    JCfabulous Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous! Your dresses hug and flatter your sexy curves!!!! Keep up the good work!
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Wow awesome. Yall look fantastic.
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You seriously look like a teenager in those after pics! Love it!
  • az1cowgirl
    Options
    You look wonderful! Beautiful dress...it really brings out your lovely figure.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Absolutely Amazing! You really did an awesome job!:bigsmile:
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    great job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!