ok I need a group/challenge to join cause I need that extra

Options

Replies

• slindsey137
    slindsey137 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Thats the way to think!!! Lets start in the AM??? Who says you have to begin on monday?? LOL. Question, though...I am new to this site and have yet to figure out how to get back to a forum you are following...

At the top there are a few links, one of them is my topics, it will give you a list of all the topics you have posted to.
  • ashmom86
    ashmom86 Posts: 117
    Options
    Got it!! Thanks!!
  • slindsey137
    slindsey137 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    How about:
    - start tomorrow
    - put in CW- date and goal weight-goal date
    - exercise plan for the week
    - weigh in on Saturdays

I like this! See you all in the morn!
  • wagsgirls
    wagsgirls Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Well off to bed! Will check in tom. and see where we are!:smile:
  • Shandke
    Shandke Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good place to start.....shall we say set our goals for about end of May goal....about 45 days?

I just have one question....can we have weigh in on Friday morning??? Friday is always my day of rest and night out!!! Lol

Also I think you add your stats to the signature box....and update there as needed.
  • ashmom86
    Options
    Mid May is good :) I will have to adjust my goals a bit, but that is ok. Smaller goals are easier to achieve!! I do not see why Friday morning would be a problem, we all need a night out now and again.
  • nimmi1302
    nimmi1302 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm going to post it all today, since I have a crazy morning tomorrow:

CW: 165 lbs
    GW by 7/1/11: 150
    Plan for the week:
    Mon: run 4 miles, 1 hour weights
    Tues: 30 min core work, 1 hour zumba
    Wed: 1 hour interval training on treadmill, 1 hr weights
    Thur: run 4 miles, core work
    Fri: 1 hour weights, 45 min run
    Sat: 3 mile run
    Sun: rest
  • ashmom86
    Options
    Or end of May LOL thought you said mid may, but that is good too.:happy:
  • nimmi1302
    nimmi1302 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good place to start.....shall we say set our goals for about end of May goal....about 45 days?

Oops...just set my goals for July.... well, I am aiming for 1.5 lbs/week...
  • Shandke
    Shandke Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Ok see everyone in the a.m. with goals and weigh in....Good Luck everyone! I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone and see the pounds shed ! I'll try to keep a running total of our groups weight loss if I can figure out how to do that!! LOL. :happy:
  • GGut
    GGut Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Please excuse my intermittent response times. Im on my ambulance right now at work and im getting hit tonight. Count me in though... ill do whatever I can to help organize, motivate, and update!!!
  • ashmom86
    Options
    I do not know what to give up...hmmmm...

GGut- You are excused, saving lives are a wee bit important!!! Haha

Looking forward to this!!! I also need to come up with a reward if I meet my goal...will ponder it all tonight and post in the morning :happy:
  • cookiejones
    cookiejones Posts: 104
    Options
    Thanks for leading us Shandke :):)

Well, it's Wednesday morning, off to work and I've made a Vega power shake for breakfast. Packing a raw lunch with some ezekiel bread and I've cooked some Tilapia for dinner. I'm trying to eat less refined sugars and focus on protein and vegetables (difficult sometimes, working next to a deli and a yogurt shop) :P

I'm covering a class tonight so teaching an extra hour of zumba, and I will try to add 15 minutes of weights to the end.

Have a great day everyone!
  • acmcoc
    acmcoc Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My goal this week is to exercise 4 times of at least 30 minutes each day. And drink more water of course. Got me some boxing to do today! I'm going to hit 10 lbs this month if it kills me! Well......maybe not kills me. Lol! Good luck everyone!
  • GGut
    Options
    Ok, so.... to make it easier on shandke or whoever is compiling this information lets post a standardized response. im just using what someone posted earlier. copy and paste this in a new reply and fill it out to fit your goals.

if everyone is ok with it, we will do a weekly weigh in on friday mornings (unless fridays dont work for a majority) so, every friday, copy and paste the following and repost it.

DATE: (04/13/2011)
    Week: 1
    SW: XXX lbs
    CW: XXX lbs
    GW: XXX lbs
    Mon - Daily plan / goal
    Tue - Daily plan / goal
    Wed - Daily plan / goal
    Thurs - Daily plan / goal
    Fri - Daily plan / goal
    Sat - Daily plan / goal
    Sun - Daily plan / goal
    Additional Goals:

at the start of a new week we should post these stats and then one person should put em in a blog or a new post so we can see and compare.

so by tomorrow (sat) or sunday we should have a full list of whos in our little group.

also i think that our group shouldnt just be about posting our own goals and weights, we can do that by ourselves if we wanted to. we should want to help each other and get to know each other. so if you find yourself having trouble working out or staying away from the pantry, POST, and we should all help!

Please add in your comments and ideas. this should be something we all create. put in to this as much as you want of as little. either way, i look forward to meeting you all and getting to know you better.

by the way, my name is Gabe. haha nice to meet you. ADD ME! :)

EDIT:

the last friday in may is the 27th... so shall we calculate our goals to that?
  • ashmom86
    Options
    Hey all!! Happy Wednesday!!!

My goal today is to ONLY have 2 cups of coffee in the morning...I tend to go overboard and drink it through out the day. YES, my name is Amber and I AM an coffee addict!!!! Lol. Another goal I have made for myself is to get at least 1100 calories. This is a super hard challange for me, but I can do it!!!

Acmcoc- good luck boxing!!!! Sounds fun :D You will lose 10 lbs this month!!!!

Cookie- Find your will power!!!! Stay away from the Deli!!! Very smart of you to pack your own healthy lunch!! Way to think ahead.
    I've been dying to try Zumba! That is awesome you teach it!! :) Good way to ensure you exercise, you have others counting on you!! Good luck today girl!!

So I have my starting weight for this challenge at 145 even down half a pound since yesterday!! Yay!!! Even though it is a little Im still stoked!!! Lowest I have been in 5 years!!!

Okay I feel like I am rambeling...hahaha Have a great day everyone!!!
  • ashmom86
    Options
    Hi Gabe!! I think that is a wonderful idea! Everyone contributing in the makings of the challenges and what not..

What does everyone think about this week? Since we are starting on a wednesday should we weigh on friday?? That is only 2 days...I guess it really doesnt matter. Wondering what you guys were all thinking...

Oh and my name is Amber, Im not just Ashers mom!!! Lol.
  • GGut
    Options
    SW: 253 lbs
    CW: 253 lbs
    GW: 240 lbs
    Mon - 30 min chest + back, 15 min run, ABS
    Tue - 20 min run, ABS
    Wed - 30 min bicep + tricep, 15 min run, ABS
    Thurs - 20 min run, ABS
    Fri - 30 min legs, 15 min run, ABS
    Sat - rest
    Sun - rest
    Additional Goals: Lay off the beer...

EDIT:
    sorry, i posted that before i read your post.... i dont mind waiting till friday if thats when we all wanna start.... makes sense actually.
  • admmommy
    admmommy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am on board with this challenge :) Here are my goals for the week

SW: 240 lbs
    CW: 219 lbs
    GW: 180 lbs by Christmas
    Mon - Start running again because I have a 5K in June/ Start W6D1 in the C25K program
    Tue - Work out at least 30 minutes/ 40 minutes on the eliptical
    Wed - W6D2 and weight training/ At least an 1 working out
    Thurs - I am going to join a spinning class/ 45 minutes of pure sweat and tears!
    Fri - W6D3/ 30 minutes of running and strength training
    Sat - Yard work with kids/ At least 30 minutes
    Sun - Yard work / At least 30 minutes
    Additional Goals: I want to run my 5K in an hour or less :)
  • ashmom86
    Options
    Oh no I was saying should we weigh in on Friday? Since it is only 2 days, or wait til the following friday? I does not matter one bit to me because I weigh ever few days anyway...I am starting today no matter what. LOL Well for this site...this has been a long journey on my own, excited to have others join me :happy: