SO TRUE! :)
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this post. I have the magic in me! :laugh:
  • karendsmith
    karendsmith Posts: 167
    Options
    LOVE THIS POST!!!! THANKS! GREAT INSPIRATION AND SOOOO TRUE!!!!
  • nelsaphine
    nelsaphine Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    As you may know and as someone has mentioned, I am "vanishing this week." Yes, it is true. Today was a 1.2 pound loss. Yesterday was 0.8 pound loss and the day before that was a 0.4 loss. And I just want MFP friends to know that there is a little secret to my success. Serious. Some like to call my vanishing trick "magic" but it's not really magic. And, no, it is not a pill. No, it is not in a syringe either. What I do is I keep going. I keep going when I gain and have NO idea why. I keep going when I know I could have done better. I keep going when life pushes me to have comfort food. I keep going after I have eaten out. I keep going when my muscles are so sore I don't even want to get out of bed. I keep going when I am hot and sweaty from exercise. I keep going when I have a confrontation with a family member or I hear really depressing news. I just keep going. That's what works. I would tell the world but they would not believe me, demanding me to tell them what I REALLY did to lose weight. So, I am telling MFP friends the secret I've been using. I just keep going. The scale is such a temperamental and moody thing so you just have to stay the course. If you follow the plan, you will reach your destination. We all want to get there in a Porsche, SO FAST, but all we have is a bike or our legs to get us there. Just so you know, I have also had days where I have GAINED 1.2 pounds and .8 pounds and .4 pounds in one week. But did I give up, no sir! When I have a bad week I tell myself a good week is eventually coming my way. Good Luck and Stay the Course!

Thank you for this!!! I knew this but it's so easy to 'forget' it! I was up this morning and started to analyze my last few days trying to think what I could've done better. I quickly realized that this is a long journey and no matter what I will have 'good' and 'bad' weigh-ins..your post reinforced this thinking for me!! Thank you :D
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    That is just what I needed to hear, I have serious trouble eating healthy especially when I get bad news , etc. You are doing great! Thank you for posting this!
  • graciegPHD
    graciegPHD Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Keep on Swimming... keep on swimming... keep on swimming, swimming, swimming...

Love IT!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    The ONLY thing that could make this better is the Rocky theme song playing while reading it! Fantastic post! Needed it today too! Thank you!
  • maggiepz
    maggiepz Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    great attitude! I'm trying to get that way but it's so hard!
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: i just haveto tell you again how much this ment to me today. im going to print it out for yuck days!!
  • EmeriaDewes
    Options
    This is just what I need. Thanks:smile:
  • walker001
    walker001 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Great attitude. that is what I do, but I am older so it just takes me longer. Slow and steady wins the raice. Even though this is not a race but a journey. Wish you luck on your journey.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational. Thanks.
  • nannabannana
    Options
    bump..What a wondeful story . Thank you for sharing, my dear.
  • hoppinfroggin22
    hoppinfroggin22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    The Truth Has Been Spoken!! Amen Sister!!
  • FireballStrike
    FireballStrike Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Your post is fabulous! It's so easy to fall into the doldrums of a long terms goal and having an optimistic attitude makes all the difference! Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • ChristinaWgettingfit
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this. It's so hard for me to keep going with all the ups and downs I've been having lately with my weight loss.
  • darcialarosa
    darcialarosa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just what I needed to read! I've lost only 1 lb in the last month and am SO DISCOURAGED, but I haven't given up, haven't slacked off, and WILL lose weight, it just might not come off as easy for me. I will persevere!!!!
  • luvbeingmomof3
    Options
    Great post!!!!!
  • nimcky
    nimcky Posts: 2
    Options
    bump! thanks for sharing xx
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    bump