5'7" -ers out there - what's your goal weight??

Options
12346»

Replies

• gwenster89
    gwenster89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my doctor said that a healthy weight for my height is between 125 and 162. I'm going for 145, hoping that maybe I can knock of a few last pounds once I get there, but I DEF don't want to be skin and bones!
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my goal is 130... maybe 125. No more than that though! I was 112 when I was 16 and it didn't look good on me. Everyone told me I needed to eat more.
  • JunkFoodJane
    JunkFoodJane Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My gw at 5'7" is 165- a lot higher than most of you! Before becoming a mom it was 147, but now I seem to fit comfortably into the same clothes at 165 as I did at 147 when I was younger. My bmi is still overweight at that point, but my body composition changed and I'm healthy there so I think it works.
  • StarfilledNight
    Options
    128. I used to be 120 when i was busy and swimming a ton. I don't want to be that small but I would like to fit into my old stuff.
  • fukuyama
    fukuyama Posts: 43
    Options
    Current weight : 158

Goal weight would be at 145...

ULTIMATE goal weight would be at 140.

Would like to lose the 18 lbs by the end of the summer.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I forgot to mention....

I checked out http://www.self.com/calculatorsprograms/calculators/happyweight, and according to it, my "happy weight" was my original start weight (132 lbs) .

I looked flabby and overweight then!! Very out of shape, too.
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    Another one shooting for 130-140! I've been as small as 120 but I didn't look healthy at all - 140 is definitely my top end.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I went to a site that you measure your wrist and the space between your sides of your elbow bones. It determines if you are a small, medium, or large boned person. I will see if I can find it.

http://www.healthstatus.com/frame_size.html

Then the link at the bottom goes to another page. The easiest way to measure the breadth of your elbow is to put your elbow up having your forearm parallel to the ground, palm facing you and take your thumb and finger and touch the 2 bones on either side of your elbow. Keep that space between your fingers and put them on a tape measure to measure the breadth of the elbow.
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    135-140
  • Sallerina84
    Sallerina84 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and according to BMI my ideal weight would be 137lbs...but anywhere between 126lbs and 154lbs is apparently healthy weight. I'm aiming for the ideal of 137lbs, although I think I'd be very happy at 140-147lbs!
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    checked my happy weight and it said 145.8 so yeah i will probably stick with the goal weight of 150 might lose more depending on how i feel but will go no less then 135
  • JFPETTEN
    JFPETTEN Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 57 male trying to lose my last 10lbs to get me to185,I've lost 4lbs but seen to be stuck there,any ideas.