C25K & C210K support group...

Options

Replies

• Mommyof3texans
    Options
    W7D2 today and it was 91 degrees...I didn't make it. I am so disappointed. I think I started too fast even though it was unintended. It felt like an easy pace but I guess at 91 degrees with 50% humidity, it was just too much. The worst part is, I had to do W7D1 on a treadmill and went past my 25 minutes. Today I only made it 20 so I have to repeat it. Ugh, I don't like failing.
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    W7D2 today and it was 91 degrees...I didn't make it. I am so disappointed. I think I started too fast even though it was unintended. It felt like an easy pace but I guess at 91 degrees with 50% humidity, it was just too much. The worst part is, I had to do W7D1 on a treadmill and went past my 25 minutes. Today I only made it 20 so I have to repeat it. Ugh, I don't like failing.
    Don't consider it failing. 20 mins in 90 degree heat w/high humidity is pretty good. That's rough even for seasoned runners. Not sure if it's an optiion but maybe you could run early in the morning or later in the evening, when it's a bit cooler (assuming you ran in the middle of the day of course). You made it to W7 so you're obviously doing just fine! Keep up the good work.
  • sas16
    Options
    if i could be up at 6am i would be running then. still dreading going out tonight, it is supposed to cool down as the week goes on.

I know I can run 5 minutes but i still can not imagine running 30 minutes...I am very excited to see if i can though:)
    How did your run go?

I didn't think I'd be able to run 5 mins let alone 30 but I'm doing it. This program is awesome! I was NOT a runner at all. Now, I'm actually enjoying it. You can do it!! :smile:
  • melt57
    melt57 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm doing C25K with my husband; we're repeating week 4 right now. This is the first time I've had to repeat, and I'm not sure how much the excess heat and humidity have to do with it. I want to run outside as long as possible, but once the heat gets unbearable, I may try moving inside to the elliptical. I know its not the same, and I am worried about how much progress I will lose. Last night we didn't get back until 9:45 trying to escape the heat (unseasonally hot right now)

I am running better now than I have in my whole adult life (sad!). I never could run more than a few minutes straight, even in high school, and I want to keep the progress going!!! I'm loving this program, and am very glad that the hubby has been joining me :)

Good luck everyone!
  • QUETA2212
    QUETA2212 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did w2d1 and it was hard for me! I did finishbut it was a challenge. My next day will be tomorrow and hopefully it will prove to be a little easier as i progress.
  • sas16
    Options
    W8D2 is in the books! Did 2.8 miles in 31 mins. I think that's pretty good. :)

Queta -Iit will get easier as you progress. During those beginning weeks just the 90 secs/2 mins of running felt like forever!! The walking break couldn't come soon enough. Just keep at it and I'm sure you'll be amazed at your progress/results!

Keep it up & good luck everyone!!
  • fraises
    fraises Posts: 16
    Options
    hey everyone!
    I just started with c25k today (it was actually quite fun) and hope to stick to this program. I'll try c210k once I finish with 5k. posting here so I won't 'forget'
    Good luck to us all
  • sas16
    Options
    Week 8 is complete!!! I'm feeling really good. Can't believe next week is the last week of this and I'll be running 3 miles! Talk about having a sense of accomplishment! I remember the 1st few weeks, wasn't sure I'd make it to 3 miles cuz I couldn't wait for the walking intervals, but what a difference. Such an awesome program. Love it!!!

Hope everyone else is doing just as good!!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Week 8 is complete!!! I'm feeling really good. Can't believe next week is the last week of this and I'll be running 3 miles! Talk about having a sense of accomplishment! I remember the 1st few weeks, wasn't sure I'd make it to 3 miles cuz I couldn't wait for the walking intervals, but what a difference. Such an awesome program. Love it!!!

Hope everyone else is doing just as good!!

CONGRATULATIONS! You are almost a GRADUATE! :bigsmile:
  • sas16
    Options
    W9D1 of C25K is done! I ran the full 3 miles!! I'm so happy I actually made it the entire distance without having to stop!! Never did I think I'd be able to, especially in the 1st couple of weeks of the program when I couldn't wait to get to the walking intervals! My time was 33:17. A little over an 11 min mile. I'll take it! :happy:
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    W9D1 of C25K is done! I ran the full 3 miles!! I'm so happy I actually made it the entire distance without having to stop!! Never did I think I'd be able to, especially in the 1st couple of weeks of the program when I couldn't wait to get to the walking intervals! My time was 33:17. A little over an 11 min mile. I'll take it! :happy:

Awesome! Good job!
  • sas16
    Options
    I am DONE w/C25K!! Finished W9D3 this morning. Ran 3 miles in 33 & half mins. I will be keeping up w/the running. Hopefully I can improve my speed/time once I become more "seasoned". So happy I stuck w/the program!!!
  • kintegra
    Options
    :bigsmile:
    I am DONE w/C25K!! Finished W9D3 this morning. Ran 3 miles in 33 & half mins. I will be keeping up w/the running. Hopefully I can improve my speed/time once I become more "seasoned". So happy I stuck w/the program!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!
  • sas16
    Options
    :bigsmile:

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!
    THANKS!!! :happy:
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Hi all

I am on week 5 of C25K and completed run 2 this morning. (8 minutes running, 5 mins walking, 8 mins running).

But, I don't get why the 3rd run of week 5 takes you up to 20 minutes straight running - but then run 1 of Week 6 goes back to a block of running followed by walking-running-walking-running??

Does it do this for a reason? Just seems bit odd to leap suddenly from an 8 minute run up to 20 minutes, and then back to 3, 5 or 8 minutes again...?
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hi guys!

im week 6 now! doing a modified version as i can only manage a run once or twice a week due to work/family etc etc. I went straight for the run as the walks i feel have been holding me back! and i was sooo pleased i managed it! i think i will now only be running unless i start to struggled. im so pleased with this as i could barely run 3 mins on week 3!!!
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Yay - I've graduated! It's w9d3 and I've just run the 5k, or 3.1 miles, in 34.52, at 5.4 mph. Really pleased with myself, as I had already decided to repeat week 9 before I tried for the full 5k!
    Now to work on the speed, and may be a few hills ...
  • kintegra
    Options
    Yay - I've graduated! It's w9d3 and I've just run the 5k, or 3.1 miles, in 34.52, at 5.4 mph. Really pleased with myself, as I had already decided to repeat week 9 before I tried for the full 5k!
    Now to work on the speed, and may be a few hills ...

Congrats to you! :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I just started C210K today. I actually finished C25K a few months ago and have been running around 30 minutes a few times a week. But have been getting frustrated trying to move on from there. I have a couple of reasons for wanting to try C210K now, rather than one hour runner or bridge to 10k. One reason is because I did the entire C25K program on the treadmill and when I run outside in my neighborhood there are a lot of hills. So I'm hoping if I do the whole program outside I can conquer those hills slowly and build up the endurance to continue doing them. My second reason for doing this program is to try to work on my speed.

I did really well with C25K, so I'm hoping for the same success with this one. I didn't start at the beginning because I have been running, so I decided to start with week 4. I completed W4D1 tonight, total of 62 minutes, according to runkeeper, most of my runs were around 5.4mph.

Happy running!
  • Cowenlaw1
    Cowenlaw1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I just did W1D1 today. I like the concept of c25k since (15 years and 120 pounds ago) I used to run 3 miles per day, and because I have a personal goal of running a 5k in November. That being said, I am a little concerned that at my current weight (328 pounds), I might injure myself be jogging. Any advice?