C25K & C210K support group...

Options

Replies

• Kellikat80
    Kellikat80 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Hello again, I finished my first week! I am not as sore as I was after the 1st and 2nd day either. I ran on the tredmill, so it gave me a better idea of how fast I went and how far. I did a total of 35 min and did 2.5 mi. My walk was 3.5 and my run was 7.0 Should I bump up my walk faster??? Or my run faster?
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Hello again, I finished my first week! I am not as sore as I was after the 1st and 2nd day either. I ran on the tredmill, so it gave me a better idea of how fast I went and how far. I did a total of 35 min and did 2.5 mi. My walk was 3.5 and my run was 7.0 Should I bump up my walk faster??? Or my run faster?

No, you'll actually probably end up having to slow your run if you want to get through the longer runs. Just go at whatever pace is comfy for you (I walk at 3.0 and run at 3.8 LOL!)
  • awooten47
    awooten47 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi! I'm on week 5 of the C25K workout and am kind of stuck honestly, but just seeing that all these people are trying it is enough to help me stay motivated to keep going, so thanks!
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    Great work everyone! I just wanted to tell everyone to keep at it, the program is totally do-able and worth it!

I just did my first 5k race today with my daughter and it was awesome! I jogged most it, I think I was around 2.25 miles when I had to walk a little, but I was just proud of myself for signing up for it, spur of the moment and doing it.

I came in at 41 minutes 4 seconds, a little slow, but it's my best outside time yet and it was a trail run, which I'm not used to at all, so I was hopping over trees roots, running on grass, sand, gravel, you name it.

Good luck everyone with your 5k & 10k journeys!

wow, trail run? good for you! i'd bust an ankle, for sure!
  • e1lindsay
    Options
    Hi! I'm on week 5 of the C25K workout and am kind of stuck honestly, but just seeing that all these people are trying it is enough to help me stay motivated to keep going, so thanks!

i know it's hard, but stick with it...it's gets easier and easier! i'm running about 2 miles at a time now, with not too much struggle, about 11-12 minutes a mile! and when i started, i couldn't run for more than 30 seconds at a time!
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Ok so I did a 4th day for week 1. I'm repeating week1 again anyways starting Tuesday. Did better than Thursday second time on the track.I only walked through 1 jogging interval. My mile times were a little slower than Thursday .
    3.12 miles 57:22 5024 steps
    Mile1 16:16 Mile2 18:33 Mile3 19:27
    Hoping to do better Tuesday
  • zoebea33
    zoebea33 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi all just done wk1 day2 :) felt much better than day 1 managed it all and wasn't as exhauseted as the first one :) think i may have to repeat week one though, i'm loving it!!!!
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week 5. I cannot believe I just jogged 20 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

60 seconds was a huge problem just a few weeks ago. I :heart: this program. Keep trying guys and gals, and dont worry if it takes a little longer. :smile:
  • ginalynnxo
    ginalynnxo Posts: 2
    Options
    f
  • Kellikat80
    Kellikat80 Posts: 591 Member
    Options

No, you'll actually probably end up having to slow your run if you want to get through the longer runs. Just go at whatever pace is comfy for you (I walk at 3.0 and run at 3.8 LOL!)

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I may slow my run down a bit.
    321k Posts: 19
    Options
    Week 5 Day 3 Tomorrow, can't believe i have to run 20 minutes straight, i hope i can do it. The 8 minutes on week 5 day 2 wasn't as bad as i thought it would be and i still had energy at the end so hopefully i will be able to manage 20. Fingers crossed!
  • e1lindsay
    Options
    you can do it! just zone out and enjoy the run!
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Ran my first outdoor run today. 3.25 miles in 33 minutes! Faster than what I do on a treadmill--averaged 6 mph whereas I run at 5 mph on the treadmill. I found it hard to slow down when running outside, and I started out way too fast. As such, I'm very sore now, but glad I was able to do it. Never felt real on the treadmill. Now, I'm feeling much better prepared for my first 5K in three weeks!
  • TS65
    Options
    Ran my first outdoor run today. 3.25 miles in 33 minutes! Faster than what I do on a treadmill--averaged 6 mph whereas I run at 5 mph on the treadmill. I found it hard to slow down when running outside, and I started out way too fast. As such, I'm very sore now, but glad I was able to do it. Never felt real on the treadmill. Now, I'm feeling much better prepared for my first 5K in three weeks!

Good job!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options

I walk at 3.5 and run between 4.7 and 5.3 usually....
    If your heartrate is in the right zone for endurance training you will progress! :-D you may just find that you need to slow a little as your runs get longer... there doesn't have to be a set speed for your runs. Just feel it out and change it each time as needed, knowing it IS OK to slow down. :-D
    Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I may slow my run down a bit.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I start week three today... I am a little scared! Going to do it on my lunch... will update in a bit
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    wish me luck! i start this tonight!

how do u log week one?
  • TS65
    Options

how do u log week one?

I log my runs and my walks spearately - Feel free to look at my exercise diary as an example.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options

how do u log week one?
    I log my C25K as C25K :-D
    I wear a heartrate monitor so i know how many calories I burned.
  • TS65
    Options

how do u log week one?
    I log my C25K as C25K :-D
    I wear a heartrate monitor so i know how many calories I burned.

What kind of heartrate monitor do you have? I've been dropping hints for Mothers Day. :wink: