Options

Replies

• Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    wish me luck! i start this tonight!

how do u log week one?
    I log my C25K as C25K :-D
    I wear a heartrate monitor so i know how many calories I burned.

What kind of heartrate monitor do you have? I've been dropping hints for Mothers Day. :wink:
    I have a Polar FT4 and I LOVE IT! Many of the Polars are similar just some of the features are different. I do definitely recommend a Polar with a chest strap. You won't regret it! :-D
    321k Posts: 19
    Options
    Week 5 Day 3 Tomorrow, can't believe i have to run 20 minutes straight, i hope i can do it. The 8 minutes on week 5 day 2 wasn't as bad as i thought it would be and i still had energy at the end so hopefully i will be able to manage 20. Fingers crossed!

DONE.
    Didn't realize i had it in me! thought i was going to vomit a couple of times after 10 minutes but i pushed myself and i did it yay!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    week one day one complete! it was actually not as bad as i thought it would be! i think the hour long sessions of zumba have prepped me well! day 2 on thurs!
  • cowpoke06
    cowpoke06 Posts: 171
    Options
    Just finished my week 1 day 1 of c25k and I feel really good :) Had a couple of snafoos with the app I downloaded. I was playing Pandora...then started the app and started running when it told me but .5 miles later it never said to walk! (this early your only jogging for 60 seconds at a time). When I stopped to check my phone, the app had shut down.

*note to app users, lock the buttons under settings so this doesn't happen to you! I just fast forwarded the program the amount of time I spent jogging nonstop and continued from there :) I was worried I'd get shin splints or struggle really bad I didn't which was surprising. I'm going to do my day 2 on Wed.

But I'm super super hungry right now!
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    my first 5k is this coming weekend...so far i've only ran as far as 2.0-2.3 miles, which i do a few times a week...i'm worried i won't be able to run all 3.1 miles, which is my goal...i don't want to walk any of it, but there'a giant hill at mile 2 that has me a little spooked...any tips for me?
  • Kellikat80
    Kellikat80 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I started week 2 today. I felt like I was dragging. I didn't seem to have as much energy as I did last week. I did have hot tea before my runs last week, the caffiene may have been the difference. I just kept telling myself, its only 30 sec longer for the run. I completed it and walked an extra 7 min.
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Ok so tomorrow i will be repeating week 1. I usually go to the track and run because of weather I will be going to the gym and using the treadmill. The last time I used the treadmill it was kind of intense but not as hard as the track. i want to continue running like I did at the track but I dont know how to set my intervals.On the track my average speed was 3.3 and my max speed was 5.5 I was just wondering if anybody would know how to calculate what my walking and jogging intervals speed would be on the treadmill so I can set it w/o having to keep messing with the buttons on the treadmill. I know i cant run continuosly at 5.5 and walking at 3.3 is a bit much for me too. Help!!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I started week 2 today. I felt like I was dragging. I didn't seem to have as much energy as I did last week. I did have hot tea before my runs last week, the caffiene may have been the difference. I just kept telling myself, its only 30 sec longer for the run. I completed it and walked an extra 7 min.

I had a day like that yesterday. Sometimes you have good runs, sometimes you have bad runs. The good runs are what makes you keep coming back for more.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    my first 5k is this coming weekend...so far i've only ran as far as 2.0-2.3 miles, which i do a few times a week...i'm worried i won't be able to run all 3.1 miles, which is my goal...i don't want to walk any of it, but there'a giant hill at mile 2 that has me a little spooked...any tips for me?

run when you can, walk when you can. Just have fun and don't pressure yourself. Good Luck! :drinker:
  • Daysea13
    Daysea13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Going to officially start C25k today. I have kinda been doing it already and didn't know that this existed. My question is, what if I do it more than three days a week. Should I still do week 1 program for 5 or 6 days? or should I move to week 2 program after 3 days of this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting week three, and running every second day, so will finish a little quicker than they suggest - at least that's the plan! When I finish one week I just go on to the next, regardless of whether or not it's the start of a calendar week.
    But I dont think its recommended to run on consecutive days as a novice - perhaps better to cross train on alternative days?
    Good luck, and let us know how you get on!
    Lindsay
  • flash53
    flash53 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just stared last friday. I did great the first day, I am going to do the second day today and third day this thrusday. Hopefully I can run the 5 k in Aug..
  • Kellikat80
    Options

I had a day like that yesterday. Sometimes you have good runs, sometimes you have bad runs. The good runs are what makes you keep coming back for more.
    I just love all your encouragement, yes I was hoping for a better run next time :)
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    C2 5K W2 D1 again, finished with 2 miles total.
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    W4D1 complete! Feel pretty good. Did it on the treadmill as wasn't able to get to run outside today. It was kind of nice cuz was able to do it by distance as opposed to time. However, my timing is that off from what the program states (5 min/0.5mile, etc). I'm off by maybe a minute and a half. Kind of happy with that!
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I did it... I completed W3D1 and although I was SCARED I did really well. I felt good but I have to admit that I reduced the speed to 5.4MPH so I would be able to get through it. Tomorrow I am going to increase the speed and then on Saturday I will increase it again... loving this program.
  • Kellikat80
    Options
    c25k w2 d2 I did 2.5 mi. My ankle has been bothering me, not during my runs (except today) it has been a little painful to walk on after sitting for a while, but not after I've been on it for a while. Well, today I was running and my toe caught a part of the cement that was raised up and my ankle hurt pretty bad, with shooting pains up my calf. I thought it was starting to swell, so I have been icing it today. Other than that, my run was great. But I hope this isn't a setback.
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    W4D2 is done. I was hoping to get outside to run, but couldn't so did it on the treadmill again. Feeling pretty good after the walk/jogs. I'm not fast...my jog is at 5mph but it's a comfortable speed for me...not in pain, and I get my heart rate up. W4D3 on Saturday.

Kelli - hope your ankle gets better. Keep icing & taking care of it.
  • Kellikat80
    Options
    W4D2 is done. I was hoping to get outside to run, but couldn't so did it on the treadmill again. Feeling pretty good after the walk/jogs. I'm not fast...my jog is at 5mph but it's a comfortable speed for me...not in pain, and I get my heart rate up. W4D3 on Saturday.

Kelli - hope your ankle gets better. Keep icing & taking care of it.

Thanks! I actually did w2 d3 today and I started to get shin splints and the pain has traveled up my leg and now hurts my knee, too.
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Just finished W3D3 - and dreading starting week 4 on Monday! Certainly can't believe that in two weeks I will be running 20 minutes continuously (scared and excited by that thought!)
    However, I go on holiday three weeks today and the thought of getting up early and running along the river or the canal sounds idyllic. That is what is pushing me on .

Kelli - might be best to get your leg paiin checked out?