Beginners 30 Day Shred Challenge starts 4/17--CLOSED

Options

Replies

• moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Day 4 complete! + 40 min. Elliptical. Hope to walk with hubby after dinner!
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!! Today is Day 5 how is everyone doing? I am loving it.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I am liking The Shred too. I like that it's only 25 minutes. I do have some trouble with the push ups and front raises. Yesterday I did all the pushups in the first set in the boy way but could only bust out 7 in the 2nd set. I'm trying to do more each day though. I have a terrible time with the front raises; I can't finish a whole set without doing alternate arms at some point.

Also, I weighed in this morning and lost a pound! I have really been better this week with my eating and especially drinking. The previous 2 weeks we've had people over so much and been going out while getting settled in our new house, but this week I've been cooking and not drinking (since Sunday). So I think that has helped out a lot too.

I got a 2 mile run in before work this morning and am shredding before I go out with my girlfriends tonight. Happy Thriday everyone!
  • want_it_25
    Options
    I just finished Day 5 and it felt great. Hope everyone else is doing good.
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work ladies!! Day 5 complete for me too, plus 25 minutes on elliptical. This Shred thing is getting a little easier, so I must be getting stronger! I was able to do boy pushups for both sets today, though I was a little slower the second time around and only did 10 in the time that the other girls did 14 or so!!

We're heading out of town for the weekend, but the Shred DVD and my 5 and 8 pound dumbells are coming with me!
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Waited until 9:30 but finally finished day 5! Push ups are actually getting easier!
  • want_it_25
    Options
    bump
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Day 6 complete!! Is everyone still with us and doing well? Sweetage had a question regarding how I record 28 minutes for the Shred rather than 20 minutes. I use a HRM for all of my exercise to get accurate calorie data. I start the HRM as soon as a start the activity and stop it when I'm finished. The actual circuit portion of Level 1 is only about 20 minutes, but I include warmup/cooldown as well.

Hope everyone has a great Friday. Keep up the great work!! Day 6 of 30 complete, means that we are 1/5th of the way through this thing!!! :smile:
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I'm still with it, but am battling a severe lupus flare up today, and may have to skip today. I was doing so well, too! This is what always breaks my focus when it comes to working out...damn lupus. My wrists look like I have elephantitis and my knees aren't much better. I'm so swollen, and it's because of the damn rain we're getting. I'm so agitated, but hopefully by tonight my swelling will go down enough to get the shred in...if not, hopefully I'll be back with you ladies tomorrow...
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Sorry you're not feeling well Dayzee.

I was kinda struggling yesterday doing The Shred. I didn't have my afternoon snack so maybe that was it. I hate the stupid front raises; I just can't do them! Guess that means I need to be doing them. I'll be shredding after work today. Have a busy weekend of house putting together, shopping for furniture, and Easter celebrating to do! Everyone have a great weekend!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    I was kinda struggling yesterday doing The Shred. I didn't have my afternoon snack so maybe that was it. I hate the stupid front raises; I just can't do them! Guess that means I need to be doing them. I'll be shredding after work today. Have a busy weekend of house putting together, shopping for furniture, and Easter celebrating to do! Everyone have a great weekend!

What weight are you using? I do 8 pounds for everything except the front raises, and I just do 5 pounds on those. Maybe you just need to drop down the weight a bit?

Dayzee--definitely rest if you're not feeling well, we won't kick you out of the challenge if you miss a day! :smile:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options

What weight are you using? I do 8 pounds for everything except the front raises, and I just do 5 pounds on those. Maybe you just need to drop down the weight a bit?

I only use 5 pounds. I think I am going to start using 8 for flys, but that's about it. My strength training has been lacking quite a bit for a while. And it shows.
  • want_it_25
    Options
    Good Morning to all of you...I just finished Day 6 and I feel good. I hope everyone is liking the workout as much as I am.
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Day 7 of the shred is done, 23 to go! Hope everyone else is keeping at it!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Have been busy but its 7 in a row for me! I was able to do all the front raises yesterday both sets, but only could complete the first set today. Did all my pushups in set 1 and half in the 2nd. I can tell its getting easier and I think I am beginning to see results especially in my stomach. Yay! Have a great weekend.
  • want_it_25
    Options
    I am sticking with it. My jeans are getting looser in the waist so I know it's working. Hopefully everyone else is seeing some results.
  • dayzeerock
    Options
    Starting stats:
    Weight: 193
    Waist: 36
    Hips: 45.5
    Neck: 13.5
    Upper Arm: 13.5
    Thigh: 28.5

Day 7 Stats:
    Waist: 34.5
    Hips: 42
    Neck: 13
    Thigh: 27.5

I'll check my weight in the morning, but 6.5 inches total lost so far!!!
  • want_it_25
    Options
    Happy Easter Shredders!!!
  • dayzeerock
    Options
    Starting stats:
    Weight: 193
    Waist: 36
    Hips: 45.5
    Neck: 13.5
    Thigh: 28.5

Day 7 Stats:
    Waist: 34.5
    Hips: 42
    Neck: 13
    Thigh: 27.5

I'll check my weight in the morning, but 6.5 inches total lost so far!!!

Well....my weight has only gone down 1/2 a pound, and I've been consistently losing 2 pounds a week since I started using MFP, so that's a bummer, but I don't think I've lost inches like this since I started, so at least that's good...
  • afasnacht
    afasnacht Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter All! Ok so my week started out awesome with the shred...but now this weekend has been harder due to it being Easter! SO ready for tomorrow so that I can get my butt back on track here! Today is also my husband's bday so we have a huge dinner tonight! Ughh...I just need to push through until tomorrow! I've actually gained weight since starting this program, and I'm not sure if it's due to Muscle, water weight or the fact that my TOM is coming tomorrow!!! Ughh...we will see I'm hoping starting level 2 will really kick it into gear for me!!

SW 177.6
    CW 180.2